Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

France are very keen on the striking though - they're probably not a good reference point for anyone but agreed there should be more striking. I honestly thought there may be civil unrest by now but I think these things may take a while to kick in and it could well happen yet. (That's UK or Ireland).

I was just looking and inflation in turkey is 122% :o

AustinPowers

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 26, 2022, 11:17:36 AM
France are very keen on the striking though - they're probably not a good reference point for anyone but agreed there should be more striking. I honestly thought there may be civil unrest by now but I think these things may take a while to kick in and it could well happen yet. (That's UK or Ireland).

That's  part of the reason nothing is changing .  People aren't wrecking the  place

Milltown Row2

Are they wrecking the place in Turkey? 122% pure mental
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 26, 2022, 12:50:03 PM

Are they wrecking the place in Turkey? 122% pure mental
Apparently the Turkish currency (Lira) I think has been dropping in value for ages and would been seen as almost a joke by a lot of economists- it actually grew in value agains the pound while Truss was in charge!

clarshack

I think civil unrest will only happen when people have lost everything and it's too late at that stage.

armaghniac

People in England should first try voting for credible individuals instead of striking and what not. That is democracy.
There is no point in voting for some lube that promotes Brexit and then complaining because people get poorer.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

When are they going to vote though? Sure they're two prime ministers on and likely to be more before the next election at current rate.

seafoid

This is appalling. NI has much higher poverty rates than the South

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-63378633

The price of pasta, tea, chips and cooking oil has soared, according to new data, with vegetable oil going up by 65% in a year.

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2022, 02:51:08 PM

The price of pasta, tea, chips and cooking oil has soared, according to new data, with vegetable oil going up by 65% in a year.

FĂșck that mamby pamby crap, back to buying the blocks of lard from the butcher..

armaghniac

Quote from: johnnycool on October 26, 2022, 03:10:18 PM
Quote from: seafoid on October 26, 2022, 02:51:08 PM

FĂșck that mamby pamby crap, back to buying the blocks of lard from the butcher..

You will notice that the price of mince has gone down. In a SpagBol the mince costs more than the pasta, so the cost has not gone up as much as suggested.
I suppose a chip butty will have gone up.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Pasta per kilo is a good bit cheaper than mince. At least it used to be
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

clarshack

was talking to a car mechanic yesterday and he was saying it's really quietened down for him and for other mechanics he also knows.

Armagh18

Quote from: clarshack on October 27, 2022, 02:02:08 PM
was talking to a car mechanic yesterday and he was saying it's really quietened down for him and for other mechanics he also knows.
People can't get MOT bookings or just aren't bothering mot'ing cars at the minute

clarshack

Quote from: Armagh18 on October 27, 2022, 02:12:16 PM
Quote from: clarshack on October 27, 2022, 02:02:08 PM
People can't get MOT bookings or just aren't bothering mot'ing cars at the minute

he said nobody is getting their car serviced atm as they are saving their pennies, said that when it comes to the MOT everyone is just putting their car through in the hope that it passes and therefore no money spent apart from the fee.