Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghost

OK folks so I had credit on my keypad meter but i thought I would try the trick of topping up more before October 1st but Electric Ireland have already sent me a long code which will automatically change the rate come October 1st so ideally I'd like to hold off on putting in the new top up and keep getting the existing credit at the lower rate but was just wondering was there a time limit I have to use the new top up by?

JohnDenver

Quote from: Ghost on September 29, 2022, 10:19:37 PM
OK folks so I had credit on my keypad meter but i thought I would try the trick of topping up more before October 1st but Electric Ireland have already sent me a long code which will automatically change the rate come October 1st so ideally I'd like to hold off on putting in the new top up and keep getting the existing credit at the lower rate but was just wondering was there a time limit I have to use the new top up by?

Not sure on the expiry length of the topup Ghost, might be worth checking in with them.

With Electric Ireland myself, had to top up in the last week and got the 40 digit code, which means I will move over to the new rates on 1st October.  My own fault for not reading the finer detail of the tariff increase emails

With your first top up from 10 September you will receive a one-off 40 digit code to enter into your keypad meter in preparation for the price increase on 1st October 2022. This will be 20 calendar days from the price change taking effect. It is important to top up your meter with the 40 digit code prior to any further top ups, as these may not be accepted until the 40 digit code has been entered.

So if I had been on the ball before 10 September, and topped up a lump sum it would have kept me on the current tariff until it ran done.

Quote from: pbat on September 29, 2022, 09:55:33 PM
Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on September 29, 2022, 09:09:03 PM
Don't know if this has already been asked, but am I best to top up my electric by a couple of hundred before these price hikes?

I am with Power NI on a top up meter, I loaded my meter before the June hike and weekly usage has been the same since March. So I think it works, I going to give another significant top-up tomorrow so I will remain on the June rate into next year. 

pbat - I would try to see when powerni topup time is, I would imagine it's already too late. If you have credit sitting you'd be as well letting it run low.

Milltown Row2

I see the scams are out already for cost of living benefits!! Had two messages sent to phone already today! 

Some parasites about
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2022, 03:38:49 PM
I see the scams are out already for cost of living benefits!! Had two messages sent to phone already today! 

Some parasites about

My daughter got them to her phone. Looking gullible people to fleece

tonto1888

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 30, 2022, 03:38:49 PM

Some parasites about

I have had a couple through myself

toby47

Anyone work for private companies that are giving pay increases across the board, to deal with the rate of inflation?

Heard from 2 different people recently who's companies got an overall increase, the figures they gave were 8% & 14%. Is this the norm at the minute? Refreshing to hear.

Newbridge Exile

Definitely not the norm in the construction industry in the north anyway

God14

Ive heard the same from a few friends, its definitely happening with some employers
But its certainly not widespread

Milltown Row2

Quote from: God14 on October 25, 2022, 01:45:12 PM
Ive heard the same from a few friends, its definitely happening with some employers
But its certainly not widespread

Not really a rise for inflation, but the cost of items have increased which has a positive increase on the salaries!! So a roundabout increase
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

AustinPowers

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 25, 2022, 06:22:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czmJvQCEnbE

Ordinary working people will be  in early graves due to  stress, depression, suicide, starvation, malnutrition , Or  hypothermia .  Millions of People  working their nuts off and  still  not able to even  afford the basics.   The elites  rig the game  so that only they benefit, no one else

It's genocide  . There's no other word for it

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AustinPowers on October 25, 2022, 09:41:10 PM

Ordinary working people will be  in early graves due to  stress, depression, suicide, starvation, malnutrition , Or  hypothermia .  Millions of People  working their nuts off and  still  not able to even  afford the basics.   The elites  rig the game  so that only they benefit, no one else

the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group

Bit exaggerated?

Armagh18

Beginning to agree.

AustinPowers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 25, 2022, 09:51:14 PM

the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group

Bit exaggerated?

Maybe a  bit slower than  genghis khan  did but it's the same end  result