Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Last Man

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2022, 01:37:17 PM
Quote from: Last Man on September 29, 2022, 01:26:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2022, 01:13:49 PM
To be fair the labour government have made a balls of the NHS during their watch also, unfortunately its not sustainable in its current state, if you want a good NHS then it has to be funded somewhere? Yes you guessed it more tax to pay for it, if you are willing, on a normal wage, to pay over 40% plus all the other taxes we pay then it might make a small dent in what's required.
You can throw as much money as you like at it, may as well throw it in a hole. Until we get to a point where we start treating the patient and not the disease it will be as fcuked as ever. Even doctors are sick of it. In 10 years time there won't be enough clinicians to dole out the current protocols and pills.

For sure people are at fault in blocking the system with self inflected health problems (as he eats a twix with a cuppa)

Unfortunately there are some illnesses that are not because of a bad diet/lifestyle and some of the fittest people I know have died, others were at deaths door because of it, those that were lucky are lucky because they got screened early and were fit enough to be operated on quickly, they were strong in their recovery also..

We still need something that can be affordable (for nothing) that will help the likes of the cancer screenings/treatments and medications to live longer

I've no answer to this btw , we can only look after ourselves health wise as best we can and hope everyone will do the same
That's not what I mean exactly, how modern medicine including lifestyle advice is practiced is directed by drugs and medical equipment companies and captured science. Good health is not good for the bottom line. It's about keeping people just sick enough to keep it all going. To make worse the global economy is underpinned by it also so there probably is no answer at this stage. We're just screwed

trailer

Quote from: Last Man on September 29, 2022, 01:55:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2022, 01:37:17 PM
Quote from: Last Man on September 29, 2022, 01:26:27 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 29, 2022, 01:13:49 PM
To be fair the labour government have made a balls of the NHS during their watch also, unfortunately its not sustainable in its current state, if you want a good NHS then it has to be funded somewhere? Yes you guessed it more tax to pay for it, if you are willing, on a normal wage, to pay over 40% plus all the other taxes we pay then it might make a small dent in what's required.
You can throw as much money as you like at it, may as well throw it in a hole. Until we get to a point where we start treating the patient and not the disease it will be as fcuked as ever. Even doctors are sick of it. In 10 years time there won't be enough clinicians to dole out the current protocols and pills.

For sure people are at fault in blocking the system with self inflected health problems (as he eats a twix with a cuppa)

Unfortunately there are some illnesses that are not because of a bad diet/lifestyle and some of the fittest people I know have died, others were at deaths door because of it, those that were lucky are lucky because they got screened early and were fit enough to be operated on quickly, they were strong in their recovery also..

We still need something that can be affordable (for nothing) that will help the likes of the cancer screenings/treatments and medications to live longer

I've no answer to this btw , we can only look after ourselves health wise as best we can and hope everyone will do the same
That's not what I mean exactly, how modern medicine including lifestyle advice is practiced is directed by drugs and medical equipment companies and captured science. Good health is not good for the bottom line. It's about keeping people just sick enough to keep it all going. To make worse the global economy is underpinned by it also so there probably is no answer at this stage. We're just screwed

Disaster capitalism. New world order. Consumer droids. George Soros, Illuminati. Jim Corr.

imtommygunn

The budget was bollocks - admit it. The rest of the world has. You don't have to be Jim Corr to think that.

trueblue1234

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 29, 2022, 03:05:52 PM
The budget was bollocks - admit it. The rest of the world has. You don't have to be Jim Corr to think that.

Your kinda Jim Corr if you don't tbh.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 29, 2022, 03:20:40 PM

Your kinda Jim Corr if you don't tbh.

;D

trailer

We're all fucked. Happy?

mackers

Quote from: yellowcard on September 29, 2022, 10:58:15 AM
The predictions were that Truss would oust Johnson as the worst UK prime minister in living memory and she is certainly living up to that bill which takes some doing. Listening to her being interviewed this morning and she is so wooden and robotic it is painful. She has no answer only to blame Putin! I think she is only a puppet however and was put forward as leader to become the sacrificial lamb for the ERG section of the party.

I'm convinced that this UK government will not last its full term and that the ERG were aware that their goose is almost cooked. The Tories are on the road to being obliterated at the next election and it will be delightful to watch it unfold as they are among some of the biggest vultures in society. History will not be kind to them and rightfully so but unfortunately thousands of ordinary people will be left picking up the can for their self interest and ineptitude.     

In fairness, Sunak, who obviously had half an economic brain in his head for all his faults, made it clear during the leadership campaign that now was not the time for tax cuts.  He said that if he became leader he would ride out the storm before cutting taxes.  Truss made it clear that she would do so immediately so the Tory membership have a lot to answer for voting the silly bitch in.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Kidder81

Can't even load up on the gas before the increased rates kick in on 1 October according to Martin Lewis, the sneaky c***ts send the new rates to the shops top up machines weeks in advance so on 1 October you will be on the hook for the new increase rate, regardless of when you bought the gas  :-\

yellowcard

Quote from: mackers on September 29, 2022, 04:23:19 PM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 29, 2022, 10:58:15 AM
The predictions were that Truss would oust Johnson as the worst UK prime minister in living memory and she is certainly living up to that bill which takes some doing. Listening to her being interviewed this morning and she is so wooden and robotic it is painful. She has no answer only to blame Putin! I think she is only a puppet however and was put forward as leader to become the sacrificial lamb for the ERG section of the party.

I'm convinced that this UK government will not last its full term and that the ERG were aware that their goose is almost cooked. The Tories are on the road to being obliterated at the next election and it will be delightful to watch it unfold as they are among some of the biggest vultures in society. History will not be kind to them and rightfully so but unfortunately thousands of ordinary people will be left picking up the can for their self interest and ineptitude.     

In fairness, Sunak, who obviously had half an economic brain in his head for all his faults, made it clear during the leadership campaign that now was not the time for tax cuts.  He said that if he became leader he would ride out the storm before cutting taxes.  Truss made it clear that she would do so immediately so the Tory membership have a lot to answer for voting the silly bitch in.

That's precisely it though. They voted in a rudderless puppet who they knew would dance to their tune most. It was never about the greater good of the country for those ERG far right types. Not that Sunak is a prospective world leader but he at least does have a decent concept of finance and almost everything that he predicted came to pass after the mini budget.   

imtommygunn

Quote from: trailer on September 29, 2022, 04:08:25 PM

We're all fucked. Happy?

We're not all fucked but the budget was shit  ;D

TwoUpTwoDown

Don't know if this has already been asked, but am I best to top up my electric by a couple of hundred before these price hikes?

Kidder81

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on September 29, 2022, 09:09:03 PM
Don't know if this has already been asked, but am I best to top up my electric by a couple of hundred before these price hikes?

I had a post about this on up the page, you can't do it on gas. Depending on your electric meter you may be able to but they may try and claim it back

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/prepay-top-up-trick/

pbat

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on September 29, 2022, 09:09:03 PM

I am with Power NI on a top up meter, I loaded my meter before the June hike and weekly usage has been the same since March. So I think it works, I going to give another significant top-up tomorrow so I will remain on the June rate into next year.