Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2022, 09:05:03 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 08:33:39 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2022, 08:22:24 PM
7 quid in Belfast for a pint , not good
Was in Belfast yesterday, Garrick pub, place was jammed packed inside out the back upstairs and outside. 3 Guinness 2 Harp £27 quid, thought that was reasonable

Is that an average price you found or Grand Central  bar?

I wish . The maldron. Hardly your high end hotel . Too dear. Belfast packed, but shopping not my thing.Couldn't believe amount of people up from Dublin and further down. I suppose you can get from Dublin to Belfast quicker than from Derry these days.

North west getting squeezed to death
Was out in Belfast myself and town was as rammed alright. Every gaff I passed was full - good to see. I was driving so on the Guinness 0.0 but may need to change my approach as it's a f**king nightmare when drinking with other Guinness drinkers and you get a standard glass  :-\

Dougal Maguire

Was in Glasgow last night. Pint of peroni in a restaurant £5.95. Pint in most pubs £5.00 or less. We're being ripped off over here
Careful now

WT4E

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2022, 10:21:50 PM
Was in Belfast yesterday, Garrick pub, place was jammed packed inside out the back upstairs and outside. 3 Guinness 2 Harp £27 quid, thought that was reasonable

I wish . The maldron. Hardly your high end hotel . Too dear. Belfast packed, but shopping not my thing.Couldn't believe amount of people up from Dublin and further down. I suppose you can get from Dublin to Belfast quicker than from Derry these days.

Was out in Belfast myself and town was as rammed alright. Every gaff I passed was full - good to see. I was driving so on the Guinness 0.0 but may need to change my approach as it's a f**king nightmare when drinking with other Guinness drinkers and you get a standard glass  :-\

They shouldn't be serving it in a standard glass. It has to be a 0.0 glass. U should alert them or Diageo. For the common good if nothing else.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on December 04, 2022, 10:38:23 PM
Was in Glasgow last night. Pint of peroni in a restaurant £5.95. Pint in most pubs £5.00 or less. We're being ripped off over here

Finny that's what i got in maldron - peroni.

Staff good ,food decent , pints like pish water and too dear

thewobbler

Quote from: WT4E on December 04, 2022, 10:55:43 PM

They shouldn't be serving it in a standard glass. It has to be a 0.0 glass. U should alert them or Diageo. For the common good if nothing else.

Yes and further to that, the bar keep should then stand beside the purchaser for the rest of the evening to ensure that no potential for cross contamination can arise

Honestly, I do wonder.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: WT4E on December 04, 2022, 10:55:43 PM

Same happened in The Thirsty Goat a few months ago. Pints in the standard glass - 4 of us drinking Guinness and me the odd one out. I had to hold my glass the whole time! I may get back on the proper stuff or buy a breathalyser!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2022, 11:05:10 PM

First off you didn't drink in a Belfast pub, and secondly you order an expensive shit beer. Slap it up ya.

Like I said 5 pints in central Belfast pub 27 quid, no food as eating is cheating
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2022, 11:45:37 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 04, 2022, 11:05:10 PM

First off you didn't drink in a Belfast pub, and secondly you order an expensive shit beer. Slap it up ya.

Like I said 5 pints in central Belfast pub 27 quid, no food as eating is cheating

Went up to the jeggy nettle today, 6.80 for a stout and skag heads everywhere

RedHand88

4.90 in the Hatfield. There are half sensible prices in some places.

brokencrossbar1

Went to Cassidy's for a pint the other night on the way home from a gig. Ordered 2 pints and went to pay by card. Young lad says £10 minimum charge so took the £10 off the card and handed me change back of £2.60. £3.70 a pint. Couldn't complain about that

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 05, 2022, 09:29:04 AM
Went to Cassidy's for a pint the other night on the way home from a gig. Ordered 2 pints and went to pay by card. Young lad says £10 minimum charge so took the £10 off the card and handed me change back of £2.60. £3.70 a pint. Couldn't complain about that

Thats what id be used to in Derry. Northern Ireland has the highest pint prices in UK(yuk) and Belfast naturally highest in north.

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 05, 2022, 09:38:21 AM

Thats what id be used to in Derry. Northern Ireland has the highest pint prices in UK(yuk) and Belfast naturally highest in north.
Belfast would be as bad as Dublin now would it? A fiver is loads for a pint imo

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 05, 2022, 09:51:55 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 05, 2022, 09:38:21 AM

Belfast would be as bad as Dublin now would it? A fiver is loads for a pint imo

If you are drinking 10 pints then good luck to ya.....

6/7 pints is plenty and going to cost you less than £40 quid, if you haven't £40 quid then stay in and watch Strictly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Truth hurts

5.40 a pint when its 3.50 or so in the casement?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on December 05, 2022, 10:05:05 AM

5.40 a pint when its 3.50 or so in the casement?

As much as i love a pint in Casement or my club, which would be same price, heading into town is better craic