Kerry v Mayo AIQF 26th June 4pm Croke Park

Started by highorlow, June 13, 2022, 12:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMistro

How come rte didn't show numerous replays of the elbow  on mayo Diarmuid O'Connor by the kerry DOC. If Ulster player done that would of got the line. The smell of bullshilt of RTE pundits in particular Pat spillane, great calling outs teams/players when kerry are harmed yet when  they do it  about manning up and brushed under the carpet.

From the Bunker

Outside of John O'Mahony and Eugene McGee who is the last outside Manager to win Sam in the last 40 years?

seafoid

Can't think of anyone. In 1998 O'Mahony was brought in to fix an underperforming team and Nichael Bond from Galway was chosen to replace Babs Keating as manager of can Offaly hurling team that was in chaos.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 28, 2022, 11:55:17 PM
Outside of John O'Mahony and Eugene McGee who is the last outside Manager to win Sam in the last 40 years?
Nobody
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

God, it's a welcome change Mayo being out of the Championship and nobody bitching and blaming anyone.
Usually the following are to blame:

The Weather
The Curse
The referee
Horan
Some dirty player on the opposing team
Aidan O'Se
Financial doping
Home advantage
Injured players

............................. We've now realised that that boat has sailed and we are just not good enough anymore.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 29, 2022, 10:28:42 PM
God, it's a welcome change Mayo being out of the Championship and nobody bitching and blaming anyone.

The Weather
The Curse
The referee
Horan
Aidan O'Se
Financial doping
Home advantage
Injured players

............................. We've now realised that that boat has sailed and we are just not good enough anymore.

It really isn't you know, but each to their own.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

TheMistro

The Weather
The Curse
The referee
Horan
Aidan O'Se
Financial doping
Home advantage
Injured players

Sweet baby Jesus. Are you on the Gin?

rosnarun

Quote from: TheMistro on June 29, 2022, 11:54:42 PM

The Weather
The Curse
The referee
Horan
Aidan O'Se
Financial doping
Home advantage
Injured players

no but these are thebandwagon jumping Pricks we have in a noisy minority in mayo.
first sign of adversity and they stick the knife in.
Like all losses there were many reasons Mayo failed to beat Kerry.
the most obvious manifestation of course was the dreadful Attempts at goal by players well able to score in the second half including the Greatest scorer  of all time (tm) for the second time in a year

Why that was is the debate . I for one havent any answer maybe when i get the apatite to rewatch it in 6 months I may have some Ideas

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Maroon Manc

Quote from: rosnarun on June 30, 2022, 02:42:58 PM
Quote from: TheMistro on June 29, 2022, 11:54:42 PM

The Weather
The Curse
The referee
Horan
Aidan O'Se
Financial doping
Home advantage
Injured players

no but these are thebandwagon jumping Pricks we have in a noisy minority in mayo.
first sign of adversity and they stick the knife in.
Like all losses there were many reasons Mayo failed to beat Kerry.
the most obvious manifestation of course was the dreadful Attempts at goal by players well able to score in the second half including the Greatest scorer  of all time (tm) for the second time in a year

Why that was is the debate . I for one havent any answer maybe when i get the apatite to rewatch it in 6 months I may have some Ideas

Highest is a more apt way of describing his achievements.

seafoid

What's the age profile of the Mayo team ?

I remember in 97 after being beaten by Mayo in Tuam wondering what it would take and what it took was several personnel changes.
When O'Mahony took over there was no room for the likes of John Donnellan , Val Daly and Damien Mitchell who had featured the year before. When a team loses it's because something is wrong somewhere. Their replacements were better. Someone who could replicate the vision and tactical awareness of O'Mahony could be great for Mayo.

blanketattack

That's it I believe,
Since 82 the managers IIRC are:
Heffernan, Dwyer, Dwyer, Dwyer, Boylan, Boylan, Morgan
Morgan, McGrath, McIniff, Coleman, McGrath, O'Neill, Boylan, Ó Sé, O'Mahony, Boylan
Ó Sé, O'Mahony, Kernan, Harte, O'Connor, Harte, O'Connor, O'Shea, Harte, O'Connor
Counihan, Gilroy, McGuinness, Gavin, Fitzmaurice, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin, Gavin,
Farrell, Dooher/???
All natives bar O'Mahony.

In hurling Cregan and Bond won All-Irelands with Offaly in 94 and 98.
In fact I believe the last 5 All-Irelands Offaly won in football and hurling were with outside managers.

TheMistro

Sean Boylan  Meath. He a laytrum man.

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: TheMistro on June 30, 2022, 06:23:53 PM

Sean Boylan  Meath. He a laytrum man.

No. Seán Boylan's mother was from Cloone in Leitrim but Seán Snr was from Meath and that's where Seán himself was born.

seafoid

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM