Senior Hurlers 2022

Started by mcwregor, December 16, 2021, 10:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on April 28, 2022, 01:16:11 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on April 27, 2022, 09:35:14 PM
Who is Brendan Phelan ?
School teacher and was previously involved with Laois camogie.  GDA experience in dublin and with relevant qualifications . Currently involved with the Harps underage set up.  A person whose had enough mediocrity and has taken it upon himself to try and implement sound underage structures. Fair play to him.

Harps underage setup seems impressive. Best of luck to him, hope he gets the support he needs from the CB and the clubs.

G@@

County hurlers V Wexford this afternoon at 2.30pm.

From: https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/05/01/your-guide-to-the-game-as-laois-hurlers-host-wexford-in-omoore-park/

QuoteThe Laois team in full is: Enda Rowland; Donnacha Hartnett, Ciaran McEvoy, Sean Downey; Jack Kelly, Liam O'Connell, Ryan Mullaney; Paddy Purcell, Fiachra C-Fennell; Ciaran Byrne, Cha Dwyer, James Keyes; Mark Dowling, PJ Scully, Ben Conroy

Hopefully the lads can make amends for the no-show against Kilkenny last week.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

Wexford 6-21 v 0-12 Laois.
A 27pt hammering.
This is woeful.
I think Cheddar may just call it a day, while I admire everything he has given to Laois hurling, he obviously isn't up to the task in this modern game.
We need Eddie Brennan back. Urgently.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Spiritof86

That second half was disgraceful. Very Evident to see the lads who threw in the towel . Fierce deflating . Even the Wexford lads behind me commenting about how Laois gave up .

burdizzo

Terrible, terrible. At least in Nowlan Park, we actually won a few balls, but we won virtually nothing today. None of the starting forwards scored from play, nor looked like they could. The Galway game will be another massacre, which I reckon few Laois people will have the stomach to watch.

Lost soul 2

Terrible disheartening,players seem so deflated,cheddar may call it a day.

Laois man

Who would want to support  them after that display hard to see them beating westmeath is there last game.

Silkyskillssunshinee

Getting relegated to Joe McDonagh does us no favours. We could go on a slide downhill from there. Galway game is a nothing match, but they will need to find a way to lift performance against a Westmeath side who seem to be hurling better at the minute

Minors and U20's had another good year so the future is not as bleak as maybe that scoreline indicated today for Laois.

blueandwhite1

Sad to see the fight gone out of them. Hopefully they can get a few back and rally for the Westmeath match. No point in being up with the top teams if you can't compete though. Must be soul destroying for everyone involved.

Robbo

Can't see Eddie Bren returning but all knows we need a change again.
Support is gone completely sadly. Hard to know how we get it back. Best short term scenario is winning a Joe Mc every few years then trying to avoid unmercoful hammerings in leinster.

Worst scenario is Christy ring and you couldn't rule it out.

Spiritof86

Eddie Brennans coaching career hasn't exactly progressed the way that was maybe expected after his Laois exit . Ran out of Cuala after an uninspiring year by all accounts.
Not sure he's the guy we want back Involved. 

zoner

Time for something fresh.  Would someone like Tommy Fitz be worth a go? Got good experience under Eddie and up in St Thomas's.

Jd

I think Peter Quelly from waterford could be a great appointment should Cheddar step down. Hurled a a high level and is a successful club manager in Waterford with only Ballygunner being the team to defeat his teams in Co finals. Knew all about being the underdog yet gets the max out of his teams

SpeculativeEffort

Very disappointing results on Sunday. This team has given a huge amount and are currently decimated with injuries.

Tipp lost Paudie Maher, Brendan Maher and few others this year. Its had a huge effect on them. We only had 8 players from the 19/20 used v Dublin in 2019. Thats impossible for Laois to replace. WIllie Dunphy and Ben Conroy in 1st game back from injury. If we got all our injured players back and a fresh approach there is still quite a decent team there with a good age profile.

Giovanni

Fully agree. Not sure I'm a fan of Cheddar's approach to the game but no team would survive all the injuries and the lads not available for us. Statements about hurling in Laois having never been in a worse place are just not correct.