The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Home Boys Home

Quote from: Spiritof1915 on April 05, 2022, 07:44:34 PM

Cathal Murphy and mossy keyes should be good to go Saturday. Burke was never part of plans when he opted for laois senior footballers. But unfortunately injured he ankle recently and out for another few weeks. Fionan mahoney will be big loss.
2 big games Saturday. Hopefully we can come out the right side of both

It would be a big boost if Mossy and Cathal Murphy are available. Three of the lads in the forwards struggled on Saturday against Antrim. 

Laois Rising

After the strong showing by our u21s last year and with a number of those lads involved again this year you'd be optimistic that this team will be highly competitive against any side in Leinster (perhaps with the exception of a very strong Galway side).  Missing the likes of Burke, Mahony and possibly Keyes as well is a big blow to perhaps taking a scalp in this year's championship. However, some very decent players filtering through with potential to add to the Laois senior squad in the next couple of years.

Zooming around

We have three consecutive very good groups coming through, highly unusual for us. How they are handled over the next 5-6 years will be key.

Laois man

Hope your right about the 3 groups coming through. I seeing our U20s last week and they were just OK and will have it all to do to beat kildare tomorrow.

burdizzo

Yeah, exactly - which are the three "very good" groups?! Are you including last year's u20s, and this year's? Who else?

Zooming around

In my opinion the 2002, 2003 and 2004 groups are very good

Laois man

Feck sake no updates of laois game on laois gaa twitter or laois today bad form.

G@@

Kildare GAA live scores on twitter- were ahead 1,17 to 0 13
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

G@@

Good win for the minors too over Kildare. 4-22/4-23 to 0-10 depending on the source

clonadmad

Laois u14s are running trials for the past 6 weeks and there's no management in place to oversee it

The football at the same age grade had their management in place before they even started their trials around the same time

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on April 11, 2022, 11:30:02 AM
Laois u14s are running trials for the past 6 weeks and there's no management in place to oversee it

The football at the same age grade had their management in place before they even started their trials around the same time

If there's no management in place who is running the trials.

clonadmad

Quote from: Zooming around on April 11, 2022, 01:55:55 PM

The Games Manager and GDA's

Zooming around

Quote from: clonadmad on April 11, 2022, 02:55:14 PM
Quote from: Zooming around on April 11, 2022, 01:55:55 PM

What's the story? Are they struggling to get people involved?
The Games Manager and GDA's