Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny

Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 01:14:22 PM
Now that there has been a statement from Gallagher to a newspaper I assume the wider media will now pick this up?

It's very difficult to see a pathway that allows him to take to the sideline on Sunday.

It would be impossible for the County Board to allow him to do without having obtained from him a categoric and convincing statement that he has never hit his former partner. We do know that his voluntary statement didn't include that clarity.

The big question is if this was in the world of work, could an employer sack or suspend him? I don't think they could if the allegations have all been extensively investigated and no charges brought. If that is the case then I think we all have to move on.

imtommygunn

It isn't though as it's not the world of work - though I have no idea how a GAA manager's contract would work.

The other thing is now it has come out then the dogs on the street etc.

AustinPowers

Seriously folks,  the posts are  getting ridiculous

Trial  by Facebook. It's madness

So  if I wanTed to  upset say, Kerry's  preparations for upcoming championship matches ,  maybe I could put up a Facebook  post saying  I was down in  Killarney and I seen  X Kerry player  smashing a shop window,  punching a taxi driver , or   Biting the head  off a chicken , etc ....would that be grounds for jack o Connor or the  Kerry board to say to player x, sit this one out lad. Someone on Facebook said  they seen you doing  x y or z. Better we drop you  until  there's an investigation?  Get a grip , of course they wouldn't

I don't know RG or his  wife/ex wife . , nor their past/present situation.  Nor  do most of you I'd imagine.  Get a  grip and talk  about the football  and leave  this to the appropriate  authorities

imtommygunn

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 11, 2023, 01:46:58 PM

So  if I wanTed to  upset say, Kerry's  preparations for upcoming championship matches ,  maybe I could put up a Facebook  post saying  I was down in  Killarney and I seen  X Kerry player  smashing a shop window,  punching a taxi driver , or   Biting the head  off a chicken , etc ....would that be grounds for jack o Connor or the  Kerry board to say to player x, sit this one out lad. Someone on Facebook said  they seen you doing  x y or z. Better we drop you  until  there's an investigation?  Get a grip , of course they wouldn't

I don't know RG or his  wife/ex wife . , nor their past/present situation.  Nor  do most of you I'd imagine.  Get a  grip and talk  about the football  and leave  this to the appropriate  authorities

"someone on facebook"  It's his ex wife!!

SHEEDY

nonsense. His ex wife isn't just someone on Facebook
nil satis nisi optimum

Armagh18

westbound

You are right, they wouldn't - unless you were say, previously married to david clifford and clifford subsequently released an unconvincing statement! Then they might!

Itchy

Congrats on winning the most stupid post of the month contest

trailer

Another frankly ridiculous post.

The Trap

Do people just want to move on now and talk about football? Hope it all goes away.........the statement doesn't deny any of the accusations. By just moving on and toughing it out we are all going to be silently complicit. Is that the outcome we want?

AustinPowers

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2023, 01:48:52 PM

"someone on facebook"  It's his ex wife!!

Yes but  That doesn't  mean these allegations are  true. 

lurganblue

Quote from: tbrick18 on May 11, 2023, 01:13:13 PM
Kickout strategy on both teams will be key for this game.
If Derry can get their short kickouts working, it will be very difficult for Armagh I think.
If we have to go long, we still have ball winners but it's probably not as reliable for us.

I'd imagine Armagh will push up on the Derry kickouts. I think Derry will probably get back into shape for the Armagh kickouts, so quick kicks from them might be the best option.

I doubt Armagh will push up on the kickouts much.  I think Armagh are likely on a lose lose with Derry kickouts as Derry would win the majority of their own long ones too.  If Armagh push up, and Derry win the long one, then Armagh arent as well defensively set.

I agree with you though in that kickout strategy will be massive for both teams.  Armagh have a tendency to go long periods without winning their own kickouts.  This cant be allowed to happen v Derry.   

Mourne Red

Quote from: The Trap on May 11, 2023, 02:02:00 PM
Do people just want to move on now and talk about football? Hope it all goes away.........the statement doesn't deny any of the accusations. By just moving on and toughing it out we are all going to be silently complicit. Is that the outcome we want?

Just ones from Derry want to brush it under the carpet and talk football

nrico2006

I know a lot of fellas who have ex-wives that would still say anything to try and ruin their ex-husbands and vice-versa, don't know what planet alot of posters live on to be honest. If she can prove her accusations then he should be punished accordingly, but at the minute it's nothing more than unfounded accusations that would require him to step away until fully investigated by the police.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'