The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: RedHand88 on May 15, 2019, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 15, 2019, 09:31:29 AM
Any sign of those 'justice for Suarez' t-shirts lads?

if you want to talk about a club with absolutely zero morals

Didn't agree with that at the time. Leave your whataboutery at the door.

Dalglish was misguided and the club as a whole handled that issue very poorly. Henry/Werner had to intervene themselves in the end and force them to draw a line under it and make Dalglish and Suarez apologize after the Old Trafford handshake snub. Personally, I think it was a factor in Dalglish getting the boot after the 2012 FA Cup final.

Whether or not the people within the club genuinely believed Suarez's denials, they should have just put out a statement condemning any kind of racial abuse and publicly supporting Suarez, pending the investigation, gagged the players, and had the PR men and powers that be handle it. Easier said than done, perhaps, with social media, but anything would have been better than the amateur hour that unfolded.

Think how decisively and effectively United dealt with Cantona in 1995. Fair enough, it was a more straightforward, black and white issue, captured for all to see, but Liverpool could have still controlled public statements much better.

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 15, 2019, 10:37:43 AM
Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything

folks, I give you Liverpool FC

by the way, ye lost the league at Goodison

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnnycool

Quote from: laoislad on May 15, 2019, 01:35:00 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 15, 2019, 10:37:43 AM
Ashamed of nothing, offended by everything

folks, I give you Liverpool FC

by the way, ye lost the league at Goodison

Very good  ;D

And I support Everton

Armamike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 14, 2019, 11:32:03 PM
Quote from: Armamike on May 14, 2019, 11:30:01 PM
Pity City couldn't show a bit more graciousness. May act in some small way as a extra motivator for Liverpool, but I'd expect the rivalry to get stoked up a bit next season anyway.

Motivator? You not think 30 years of not winning it is not enough motivation?

Yep I agree.  I did say though that something like this could act as an extra motivator in a small way.  If I was Klopp I'd use it anyway.

That's just, like your opinion man.

Armamike

You've missed a great opportunity here to throw in your usual few other well rehearsed jibes.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Armamike on May 15, 2019, 02:56:41 PM

You've missed a great opportunity here to throw in your usual few other well rehearsed jibes.

Think he's already gone through his repertoire - ashamed of nothing etc. Scroll up! Actually, don't bother!

Ambrose

The price of kids football kits is a disgrace.

Just spoken to a Blue who has spent £800 on new kits in the past twelve months.

He's had Everton home and away, plus Real Madrid, Man City and now Tottenham Hotspur.

That's before £10 on a Messi scarf!
You can't live off history and tradition forever

JoG2

Madness when you can buy them online or from a local Del Boy for £12 - £20 for tops and shorts

laoislad

Quote from: JoG2 on May 16, 2019, 06:47:25 PM
Madness when you can buy them online or from a local Del Boy for £12 - £20 for tops and shorts

JoG2

dec

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48330089

Why Man City are the greatest Premier League team - Alan Shearer analysis...

There are many things that make Manchester City the best Premier League side I've ever seen, but what impresses me most is their hunger and desire...

This year and last year, the standards City have set are the best we have seen since the Premier League started in 1992. I would not say they are the best team I have seen in my lifetime because I grew up in the time of the great Liverpool sides of the 1970s and 1980s. City have not dominated Europe yet, in the way the Reds did during those decades, but in terms of the Premier League era then yes, they are already exceptional.

From the Bunker

Quote from: dec on May 20, 2019, 08:41:00 PM
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/48330089

Why Man City are the greatest Premier League team - Alan Shearer analysis...

There are many things that make Manchester City the best Premier League side I've ever seen, but what impresses me most is their hunger and desire...

This year and last year, the standards City have set are the best we have seen since the Premier League started in 1992. I would not say they are the best team I have seen in my lifetime because I grew up in the time of the great Liverpool sides of the 1970s and 1980s. City have not dominated Europe yet, in the way the Reds did during those decades, but in terms of the Premier League era then yes, they are already exceptional.

Why is this posted on the Liverpool thread?

laoislad