Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hirty Darry

Uncharacteristicly quiet times SIE.  The two men you have represented so strongly both letting you down in quick succession  and proving everyone right.  Then again, the disillusionist you are, you'll still try to defend them in some way.  Knew we would have a field day with you!

imtommygunn

Did I read right - that it's Gary O'Kane not Gregory?

hurlingguru

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 07, 2016, 08:05:34 AM
Did I read right - that it's Gary O'Kane not Gregory?

It's turning into the dream team, great mix of experince

MoChara

County Antrim post reporting
"Dunloy's Gary O'Kane & Dominic 'Woody' McKinley set to join Sambo's team over Antrim Senior Hurling panel ‪#‎GAA‬"

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yeah pappy is joining up with them. I heard on monday night that it was him, sambo and woody all going in together to take it.

Thats 3 good antrim men to be putting in charge of a county team that all the players should be listening to and have the utmost respect for. All 3 wore that shirt with pride in their time with the county and were never found wanting.

hurl like f**k boi!

theskull1

And what about Neil Pedan?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Two Hands FFS

Quote from: theskull1 on April 07, 2016, 09:02:52 AM
And what about Neil Pedan?
He's involved too.
Good appointment by the county board on a short term basis.

Na Glinntí Glasa

hurl like f**k boi!

MoChara

http://belfastmediagroup.com/sambo-and-woody-return-to-antrim-fold/

Pretty telling article sounds like PJ was pushed as much as he left.

Christy Ring to be played in Abbotstown rather than Ballycastle so people can make the football final

cfclg

Quote from: MoChara on April 07, 2016, 11:19:00 AM

Christy Ring to be played in Abbotstown rather than Ballycastle so people can make the football final

Wonder will they bring many new faces onto the squad and put their own stamp on it? Maybe a complete overhaul? Or just leave as is?

hurlingstick

Think we'd have been better keeping the fixture at home for some small advantage.  Hopefully we'll beat Kildare anyhow but the change suits them more than us.

MoChara

Quote from: cfclg on April 07, 2016, 12:18:29 PM

Wonder will they bring many new faces onto the squad and put their own stamp on it? Maybe a complete overhaul? Or just leave as is?

My first question would be who was involved in the gambling shit, then f**k them out on their ear make a statement of intent about commitment. I'd imagine the Cushendall boys will be showing up anyway now

Jeepers Creepers

Last Man

Quote from: MoChara on April 07, 2016, 01:51:15 PM

My first question would be who was involved in the gambling shit, then f**k them out on their ear make a statement of intent about commitment. I'd imagine the Cushendall boys will be showing up anyway now
If theres no evidence then its not a story. I have yet to hear the names of any alleged perpetrators in verbal conversation which kind of suggests that there might not be much to this. In fact if you wanted to be cynical about it, might it be a smokescreen to divert attention from something else.  Anyway I expect the whole thing will evaporate in the next few weeks.
Best of luck to Woody ,Sambo and Pappy.

Sleeping giant

Quote from: Last Man on April 07, 2016, 02:10:13 PM
Quote from: MoChara on April 07, 2016, 01:51:15 PM

If theres no evidence then its not a story. I have yet to hear the names of any alleged perpetrators in verbal conversation which kind of suggests that there might not be much to this. In fact if you wanted to be cynical about it, might it be a smokescreen to divert attention from something else.  Anyway I expect the whole thing will evaporate in the next few weeks.
Best of luck to Woody ,Sambo and Pappy.
firstly, does players telling the ex manager of others doing it count as evidence?   If people want to brush it under the carpet that's fine.  But it's an embarrassment if you ask me.   Secondly     Best of luck to sambo woody and the rest of the management team.  Like I've said before.  Hopefully they can salvage some pride.   
1983 & 2012 All Ireland Champions.