Mayo v Donegal Saturday August 8th, 2015 Páirc an Chrócaigh

Started by From the Bunker, July 31, 2015, 02:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

macdanger2

I agree that AOS should be moved out if he's struggling inside but not to start him in there would be ridiculous imo. We should play the game on our terms, not Donegal's. If 2-3 Donegal men are on him then there's less to keep an eye on COC, Andy and runners from deep

Equally, if Parsons and SOS aren't winning at mf, then bring aiden out to help pull Murphy away from goal (if that's where he plays)

macdanger2

How we protect our FB line is the biggest question for Mayo on Saturday. Apart from Murphy, McBrearty is pure class as well, I presume Keith will be put on him

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 04, 2015, 02:21:20 PM
How we protect our FB line is the biggest question for Mayo on Saturday. Apart from Murphy, McBrearty is pure class as well, I presume Keith will be put on him
Form has dipped recently but he's a serious operator. Allied with the renaissance of McFadden and the constant threat of MacNiallais (super footballer IMO) we'll have plenty to think about besides Murphy.
No harm though, we need to see what we can do against that caliber of forwards....won't get any easier if we have ambitions to go further.

mayoman dan

Quote from: ballinaman on August 04, 2015, 03:21:16 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on August 04, 2015, 02:21:20 PM
Form has dipped recently but he's a serious operator. Allied with the renaissance of McFadden and the constant threat of MacNiallais (super footballer IMO) we'll have plenty to think about besides Murphy.
No harm though, we need to see what we can do against that caliber of forwards....won't get any easier if we have ambitions to go further.

Will Kevin Keane be trusted to mark Murphy?

twohands!!!

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2015, 12:56:12 PM
Third cousin.
Twice removed.

"removed" to mayo was he? :P

I'd be narrowly favouring Mayo the next day -I think Donegal have not been a bit impressive so far and I think they are playing a lot of lads with knocks and injuries.

At the moment I think the likeliest outcome for the rest of the championship is that Mayo will beat Donegal, Monaghan to beat Tyrone , then Dublin to beat Mayo and Kerry to beat Monaghan and Kerry to beat Dublin.

Mayo4Sam14

David Gough the ref for the match- is it becoming an unspoken rule that only Meath men can ref Mayo?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

BluestackBoy

Good news on the injury front here.

Eamonn McGee should be fine, there was no ankle swelling & Lacey is also making good progress. Whether he will be ready in time or not is 50/50 at the moment.

The last thing we should do is play anyone who is not ready but if he is 90% I'd say Gallagher will play him.

It's all or nothing at this stage.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on August 04, 2015, 05:30:37 PM
David Gough the ref for the match- is it becoming an unspoken rule that only Meath men can ref Mayo?

Gough is leagues ahead of Rielly and even Goldrick. Could be the best elite ref in the sport right now. And watch him have a mare now because I said that..

StephenC

Quote from: macdanger2 on August 04, 2015, 02:17:37 PM
I agree that AOS should be moved out if he's struggling inside but not to start him in there would be ridiculous imo. We should play the game on our terms, not Donegal's. If 2-3 Donegal men are on him then there's less to keep an eye on COC, Andy and runners from deep

Equally, if Parsons and SOS aren't winning at mf, then bring aiden out to help pull Murphy away from goal (if that's where he plays)

Can't believe that more Mayo lads aren't saying this. Mayo are a team in flying form who ripped us apart last time out. Donegal are flakey this year and have some key men carrying injuries. The Mayo team will be focused on dictating the agenda for the game and on their own strategy.

moysider

Quote from: StephenC on August 04, 2015, 06:11:02 PM

Can't believe that more Mayo lads aren't saying this. Mayo are a team in flying form who ripped us apart last time out. Donegal are flakey this year and have some key men carrying injuries. The Mayo team will be focused on dictating the agenda for the game and on their own strategy.

Playing Aidan at ff is probably playing the game on Donegal's terms. They ll have him where they want him and can limit his influence most. They won t try to handle him like Sligo and Galway did.

Jinxy

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2015, 05:48:17 PM

Gough is leagues ahead of Rielly and even Goldrick. Could be the best elite ref in the sport right now. And watch him have a mare now because I said that..

Three top referees and all of them Meath men.
When was the last time Roscommon produced a decent ref?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: moysider on August 04, 2015, 08:37:09 PM
Quote from: StephenC on August 04, 2015, 06:11:02 PM

Playing Aidan at ff is probably playing the game on Donegal's terms. They ll have him where they want him and can limit his influence most. They won t try to handle him like Sligo and Galway did.

I would like to see Aidan playing in between three positions; full forward, midfield and centre forward. It would make things interesting. I'm still fretting about our fullback line with regards this match to be honest.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2015, 09:13:50 PM

This year. Paddy Neilan joined the elite panel. You don't hear his name much because he actually does his job.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2015, 09:13:50 PM

You a Kerryman?
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!