Dublin Meath Leinster Final 2014

Started by Redhand Santa, June 29, 2014, 09:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redhand Santa

If Meath can avoid getting more injuries I'm predicting one of the biggest upsets in recent years with a Meath win.

Agent Orange

You were predicting that Tyrone would win Ulster a couple of weeks ago. Dubs at a canter.

Redhand Santa

I'm not saying I didn't think tyrone had a chance but don't remember predicting it.

The all Ireland champions can fall at most unlikely times, look at Donegal last year. This is an improving Meath team who are decent enough round the middle and can score goals. They already gave the dubs a very decent game last year. That game today will have done nothing for Dublin.

thejuice

If we don't win this by at least 15 points I'll be bitterly, bitterly disappointed.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Syferus

Quote from: Redhand Santa on June 29, 2014, 11:08:45 PM
I'm not saying I didn't think tyrone had a chance but don't remember predicting it.

The all Ireland champions can fall at most unlikely times, look at Donegal last year. This is an improving Meath team who are decent enough round the middle and can score goals. They already gave the dubs a very decent game last year. That game today will have done nothing for Dublin.

I don't think there's any correlation with Donegal last year. Donegal were bringing a horrid run of form into the Monaghan final by their previous standards. Only Donegal or Mayo look like they'll trouble Dublin this year.

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

Wildweasel74

Lamb to the slaughter, maybe the Dubs go full tilt for a change,

Fuzzman

I had the young lad at the Dubs match yesterday and as all expected they just pulled away second half. The biggest threat for them is their own complacency and the hype around them.
For me I like how Meath always approach this game with no fear and little respect.
People and players get carried away with all the hype and what Brolly and Co tell them.

The facts of the matter is Kerry nearly beat them last year, Mayo could have beaten them had they better forwards and nobody else asked them any hard questions.

Can you imagine if they had to play Donegal up in Bsllybofey next?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Syferus on June 29, 2014, 11:18:05 PM

I don't think there's any correlation with Donegal last year. Donegal were bringing a horrid run of form into the Monaghan final by their previous standards. Only Donegal or Mayo look like they'll trouble Dublin this year.

I'm not sure about Donegals horrid run of form last year. They had put little focus into the league and everyone had bought into it. They then beat Tyrone and Down and there system of play was still seen as being superior to everyone elses going into that final. No one gave Monaghan a chance.

Dublin have played in 2nd gear for large parts of the year. Sometimes when its really put up to you in a big game as champions you can just struggle to raise that intensity when its needed most. I wouldn't be handing Dublin any All Ireland titles just yet.

Thisonegoesto11

I agree that Meath are improving.  Dublin had really nothing to learn yesterday. As well documented Dublin ,with the other contenders, are really building for the QFs.

Nothing to suggest to me that Meath will beat Dublin.  They will be a step up in challenge and will be well up for it.  Expect an old fashioned shoot out as Meath's  forward will get plenty of chances.
Dublin firepower though is more ruthless than Meaths over 70 minutes. Looking forward to it.