Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on January 17, 2022, 12:10:57 PM
Providing they go on and win the All-Ireland - Where would this Kilcoo team rank against the Burren team of the 80s? Wasn't born so wouldn't know what that team of the 80s were like.

To be honest, I reckon Burren would win by a point or two but in saying that Shorty and the McGoverns must be close to 60 now.

Truth hurts

Quote from: snoopdog on January 17, 2022, 01:44:33 PM
A lot of the resentment towards Kilcoo in Down is a mix of the supposed dirty tactics and sledging that has went on in recent years. Although can all teams in the county/country say they have no players that do this? And there would be jealousy also. A lot of the big clubs in Down are no where near matching Kilcoo for intensity determination and planning. They watch kilcoo breeze past them year in year out but they fail to come back better prepared the following year. I'd say most Down people want to see kilcoo  do well once they come out of Down. Im a Down man and I hope they win the All Ireqlnd.

There is no supposed about it tbh
In saying that the sledging and dirty tactics have stopped since Moran took control and he seems to not want that type of stuff associated with him

FM

A lot of the resentment towards Kilcoo in Down is a mix of the supposed dirty tactics and sledging that has went on in recent years. Although can all teams in the county/country say they have no players that do this? And there would be jealousy also. A lot of the big clubs in Down are no where near matching Kilcoo for intensity determination and planning. They watch kilcoo breeze past them year in year out but they fail to come back better prepared the following year. I'd say most Down people want to see kilcoo  do well once they come out of Down. Im a Down man and I hope they win the All Ireqlnd.
Snoopdog is a Down man, heard it all now

snoopdog

Quote from: FM on January 17, 2022, 01:52:02 PM
Snoopdog is a Down man, heard it all now
Schools out 

Truth hurts

The U20 Football Development League returns after a year's absence next month.

The competition will help teams prepare for the All-Ireland U20 Football Championship which commences in April. The League is split into five sections and will run from February 19 to March 12. There are two groups of four in the Philly McGuinness and Leo Murphy Cups.

John Kerins Cup: Laois, Kildare, Meath and Dublin

Liam O'Connor Cup: Wicklow, Offaly, Limerick and Clare

Philly McGuinness Cup: Armagh, Cavan, Westmeath, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Leitrim, Longford and Sligo

Leo Murphy Cup: Derry, Donegal, Mayo, Roscommon, Antrim, Down, Louth and Tyrone

Andrew Corden Cup: Tipperary, Waterford, Carlow and Wexford

Has anyone a list of the u20 panel please?

Too many steps

Quote from: Truth hurts on January 17, 2022, 02:49:24 PM
The U20 Football Development League returns after a year's absence next month.

The competition will help teams prepare for the All-Ireland U20 Football Championship which commences in April. The League is split into five sections and will run from February 19 to March 12. There are two groups of four in the Philly McGuinness and Leo Murphy Cups.

John Kerins Cup: Laois, Kildare, Meath and Dublin

Liam O'Connor Cup: Wicklow, Offaly, Limerick and Clare

Philly McGuinness Cup: Armagh, Cavan, Westmeath, Monaghan, Fermanagh, Leitrim, Longford and Sligo

Leo Murphy Cup: Derry, Donegal, Mayo, Roscommon, Antrim, Down, Louth and Tyrone

Andrew Corden Cup: Tipperary, Waterford, Carlow and Wexford

Has anyone a list of the u20 panel please?

Panel? AFAIK the county u20s have done absolutely no training yet.

Jim Bob

lumpitin

Down seniors drew with London on Friday night
By god we are in for a long year

Targetman

wobbller

Quote from: lumpitin on January 17, 2022, 09:28:21 PM
Down seniors drew with London on Friday night
By god we are in for a long year
Do you know what the line-out was?Bit premature to be judging unless we know the line/out.I'd presume London would have been at full strength and we'd been trying out an inexperienced side.

upandwin

Very underwhelming lead up to the National League campaign.

I'm sure whoever played that game the other night will have been a fringe or squad player getting their chance so wouldn't read too much in to that...

As things stand, Starting 15 for the Div2 opener for me would be:

Burns

McCartan
McElroy
Fegan
McCormack
McParland
Mooney

Doherty
Connery

O'Rawe
Laverty
Guinness
O'Hagan
Gilmore
Quinn or Havern (If fit)

Badly in need of the Kilcoo lads to come back in. Anyone know why Shane Annett isn't on the squad? Always quality any time I've watched him

lumpitin

Mooney the o hagans and mckernan all played against london and then a lot of the lads that played against donegal.

toby47

Quote from: upandwin on January 18, 2022, 08:56:49 AM
Very underwhelming lead up to the National League campaign.

I'm sure whoever played that game the other night will have been a fringe or squad player getting their chance so wouldn't read too much in to that...

As things stand, Starting 15 for the Div2 opener for me would be:

Burns

McCartan
McElroy
Fegan
McCormack
McParland
Mooney

Doherty
Connery

O'Rawe
Laverty
Guinness
O'Hagan
Gilmore
Quinn or Havern (If fit)

Badly in need of the Kilcoo lads to come back in. Anyone know why Shane Annett isn't on the squad? Always quality any time I've watched him

Who would win - That team above, or Kilcoo?

upandwin

Quote from: lumpitin on January 18, 2022, 09:41:32 AM
Mooney the o hagans and mckernan all played against london and then a lot of the lads that played against donegal.

Some guff talked on here tbf...Mooney and McKernan not available the other night so that's a good start. Also who are the 'lot of other lads'?

Never let the truth get in the way and all that...

SamFever

Seniors going to Carlton house for a training weekend.