Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GKunion

silly decision from Greencastle to be fair. Had to of been playing under a different name also if it hadn't been flagged right away

WT4E

I'd prefer to see Greencastle stay in Div 1... enough derbys and battles in Div 2 next year. :)

I can't see how they wouldn't get it overturned? What evidence would there be that they did this - they wouldn't have been stupid enough to play the lad under his own name knowing it was against the rules!.... you hear of clubs playing lads like this in Reserve games that mean nothing but don't know how common it is in seniors - its bad form all the same.

It's a stupid rule that seriously affects rural clubs, would like to see it changed back to before that a player can play when they are 17.

Degrassi Hi

Disqualification of  Teams and Forfeiture of  Games (a)  Where  Forfeiture  is imposed, the  Team concerned shall be  treated as if  it had lost  the  Game  concerned, but  the Game shall not  be  Awarded to the  Opposing Team, unless provided for in the  applicable Rule  under which the  penalty was imposed

The above probably rules out any other team gaining points from this debacle. Aghyaran promoted until Greencastle appeal is heard then? Is the appeal with Tyrone or further afield

GKunion

Quote from: Ghost+Tommy on February 15, 2022, 01:16:45 PM
As WT4E said,unless there is picture or video evidence of this lad playing,and assuming Greencastle weren't stupid enough to put his right name down,then they'll play div 1
I think there was a video of one game. Could be wrong thought I read it on here

superstar_

Quote from: 03,05,08 on February 15, 2022, 10:25:12 AM
There is talk now that Killeeshil are now going to go down and aghaloo stay up, it's becoming a bit of a mess now. With 18 teams in division 2 would it not be best to keep the two up and relegate 3 this year, hard way to go down for Kileeshil if it happens.
Would it not be Tattyreagh or Beragh who would go down? I think Killeeshil have the head to head with them.
It is a strange set of circumstances but I don't understand why Aghyaran would want to gain promotion this way.

Tyrone11234

As WT4E said,unless there is picture or video evidence of this lad playing,and assuming Greencastle weren't stupid enough to put his right name down,then they'll play div 1
They have video and photographic evidence of him playing- and under a different name on the team sheet making the sanctions worse

Mikhailov

Greencastle go up, docked some points (say -6) to start the season.

Chairman. Secretary. manager and player all to be suspended

clarshack

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on February 15, 2022, 01:57:28 PM
They have video and photographic evidence of him playing- and under a different name on the team sheet making the sanctions worse

I also think it's a stupid rule but if they've played him under a different name then that is pretty damning. at least the other way they could plead their case a lot better.

WT4E

Quote from: Tyrone11234 on February 15, 2022, 01:57:28 PM

It wouldn't be hard to argue it wasn't him with the right legal representation - there is precedent for it:

- The mass brawl between Errigal and Carmen years ago
- Joe Brolly getting that Antrim player off for striking even though it was clearly him on the video

However even if they did get off surely Greencastle as a club should be asking serious questions of the decision makers on this one!

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 15, 2022, 02:10:10 PM

Seems a bit harsh suspending the player, he didn't put himself on

Mikhailov

Quote from: 03,05,08 on February 15, 2022, 03:02:04 PM

He togged himself out

clubman21

Quote from: Mikhailov on February 15, 2022, 03:40:11 PM

He togged himself out
Can't believe S T would have put him on, for an experienced man it's a ludricrous judgement call on his behalf.

tiempo

He togged himself out

If he's deemed a minor/juvenile i think he can be given the benefit of the doubt for not having the handbook inside his togs prior to taking the field

delgany

Quote from: tiempo on February 15, 2022, 04:26:56 PM

He togged himself out

If he's deemed a minor/juvenile i think he can be given the benefit of the doubt for not having the handbook inside his togs prior to taking the field

If he got booked , do you think he gave his own name ?