Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

always thought it was embarrassing for teams to be appealing over an underage player playing.

smort

Is this greencastle cub a future star? Surprised they would have to field a 17 year old, unless he is very good

bogball88

Quote from: clarshack on January 12, 2022, 10:02:16 AM
always thought it was embarrassing for teams to be appealing over an underage player playing.
This

W.A.G. Lover

Ironically Greencastle had a dispute with Moortown over an underage player in an u21 final many years ago - Any Mals men able to confirm?

Degrassi Hi

Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on January 12, 2022, 11:04:47 AM

Ironically Greencastle had a dispute with Moortown over an underage player in an u21 final many years ago - Any Mals men able to confirm?

Ironically I'm told they also had a dispute in against Pomeroy for playing a 15yr old Kieran McGeary in an U21 game too.  Embarrassing stuff but County board don't read message boards  :-X

GKunion

Quote from: on the sideline on January 12, 2022, 01:28:00 AM
Quote from: delgany on January 11, 2022, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on January 11, 2022, 07:06:33 PM
If Aghyaran are successful in any form of appeal it will open a can of worms in Division 2. If the lad concerned played against any other team and those games had a direct bearing on the teams relegated (which it's bound to if he did play) they will also appeal I'm sure. Could be about to get very messy if true.

Or County Biard will just dismiss any appeals knowing the shit show that could follow...

There is a 3 day time limit on objections based on the validity of a team.

I was basing my reply of Tyrone11234s post. If what you're saying is true then that's that, too late to do anything about any indiscretion now.
Null and void the season only possible outcome

kickitin

Quote from: GKunion on January 12, 2022, 11:12:40 AM
Quote from: on the sideline on January 12, 2022, 01:28:00 AM
Quote from: delgany on January 11, 2022, 07:25:02 PM
Quote from: on the sideline on January 11, 2022, 07:06:33 PM
If Aghyaran are successful in any form of appeal it will open a can of worms in Division 2. If the lad concerned played against any other team and those games had a direct bearing on the teams relegated (which it's bound to if he did play) they will also appeal I'm sure. Could be about to get very messy if true.

Or County Biard will just dismiss any appeals knowing the shit show that could follow...

There is a 3 day time limit on objections based on the validity of a team.

I was basing my reply of Tyrone11234s post. If what you're saying is true then that's that, too late to do anything about any indiscretion now.
Null and void the season only possible outcome

correct. Keep the division as is! SCRAP THE WHOLE SEASON. and we can look forward to a real shindig of a match next season, castle v aghyaran. over 25s only

GAABoardMod5

Lads need to get a grip regarding posting personal stuff.

Bans will follow next time.

Degrassi Hi

Does anyone have any updates or heard any rumours of when the ACL will begin in Tyrone this year and how many starred rounds in Divisions 1 & 2.  Any county men in Junior?

Under Lights

Quote from: Degrassi Hi on January 13, 2022, 09:24:11 AM
Does anyone have any updates or heard any rumours of when the ACL will begin in Tyrone this year and how many starred rounds in Divisions 1 & 2.  Any county men in Junior?

Heard rumours of a mid May start with 5no starred games.

Still to be decided whether to go with 4 divisions in 2023.

smort

I don't get why you would start mid May, play 5 starred games into mid June, and then maybe have to pause things for 6 weeks to wait until Tyrone are finished. A mid June start would be better

BIGONE

They might play games every fortnight? Tyrone might not make AIF?

GKunion

Quote from: BIGONE on January 13, 2022, 12:44:00 PM
They might play games every fortnight? Tyrone might not make AIF?
I'd say they will want the league wrapped up before the championship this year to stop the conceding of games which happened last season near the end. A long break after the starred games is something no one wants

bogball88

Tyrone2021

Quote from: bogball88 on January 14, 2022, 05:05:54 PM
Any clubs out yet?

Haven't heard of anyone but im sure gym programs will start within most clubs in next 1-3 weeks. If any club is out running and training at this stage it would be complete overkill, players will be sick of it come may/june