Author Topic: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling  (Read 8558564 times)

W.A.G. Lover

• View Profile
Re: Tyrone Club Football and Hurling
« Reply #44925 on: January 12, 2022, 09:23:58 AM »
If Aghyaran are successful in any form of appeal it will open a can of worms in Division 2. If the lad concerned played against any other team and those games had a direct bearing on the teams relegated (which itís bound to if he did play) they will also appeal Iím sure. Could be about to get very messy if true.

Or County Biard will just dismiss any appeals knowing the shit show that could followÖ

There is a 3 day time limit on objections based on the validity of a team.

I was basing my reply of Tyrone11234s post. If what youíre saying is true then thatís that, too late to do anything about any indiscretion now.

So basically any club can break any of the rules and hope that the opposing club does not report them within 3 days?
They done it more than once and knew what they were doing!
So much for a club's integrity when that is their approach!

GlenMan

• View Profile
« Reply #44926 on: January 12, 2022, 09:29:01 AM »
If Aghyaran are successful in any form of appeal it will open a can of worms in Division 2. If the lad concerned played against any other team and those games had a direct bearing on the teams relegated (which itís bound to if he did play) they will also appeal Iím sure. Could be about to get very messy if true.

Or County Biard will just dismiss any appeals knowing the shit show that could followÖ

I was basing my reply of Tyrone11234s post. If what youíre saying is true then thatís that, too late to do anything about any indiscretion now.

So basically any club can break any of the rules and hope that the opposing club does not report them within 3 days?

The U17 rule is ridiculous anyway and I'm sure that most Clubs in the county will have played/subbed on lads that age throughout the league (senior or reserve).

If the clubs involved weren't bothered at the time, then it makes sense that they shouldn't be allowed to object now just because greencastle won the league.

Tyrone2021

• View Profile
« Reply #44927 on: January 12, 2022, 10:01:12 AM »

The U17 rule is ridiculous anyway and I'm sure that most Clubs in the county will have played/subbed on lads that age throughout the league (senior or reserve).

If the clubs involved weren't bothered at the time, then it makes sense that they shouldn't be allowed to object now just because greencastle won the league.

Itís been common practice in reserve football for years to go under the name of another player who is the correct age.

clarshack

• View Profile
« Reply #44928 on: January 12, 2022, 10:02:16 AM »
always thought it was embarrassing for teams to be appealing over an underage player playing.

smort

• O.A.S.I.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44929 on: January 12, 2022, 10:16:56 AM »
Is this greencastle cub a future star? Surprised they would have to field a 17 year old, unless he is very good

Tyrone11234

• View Profile
« Reply #44930 on: January 12, 2022, 10:31:59 AM »
always thought it was embarrassing for teams to be appealing over an underage player playing.
One of the clubs I heard that were on board was your own.

bogball88

• View Profile
« Reply #44931 on: January 12, 2022, 10:54:27 AM »
This

W.A.G. Lover

• View Profile
« Reply #44932 on: January 12, 2022, 11:04:47 AM »

Ironically Greencastle had a dispute with Moortown over an underage player in an u21 final many years ago - Any Mals men able to confirm?

Degrassi Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #44933 on: January 12, 2022, 11:10:42 AM »

Ironically Greencastle had a dispute with Moortown over an underage player in an u21 final many years ago - Any Mals men able to confirm?

Ironically I'm told they also had a dispute in against Pomeroy for playing a 15yr old Kieran McGeary in an U21 game too.  Embarrassing stuff but County board don't read message boards  :-X

GKunion

• View Profile
« Reply #44934 on: January 12, 2022, 11:12:40 AM »

Null and void the season only possible outcome

kickitin

• View Profile
« Reply #44935 on: January 12, 2022, 05:05:16 PM »

Null and void the season only possible outcome

correct. Keep the division as is! SCRAP THE WHOLE SEASON. and we can look forward to a real shindig of a match next season, castle v aghyaran. over 25s only

GAABoardMod5

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44936 on: January 12, 2022, 07:07:02 PM »
Lads need to get a grip regarding posting personal stuff.

Bans will follow next time.

Degrassi Hi

• View Profile
« Reply #44937 on: January 13, 2022, 09:24:11 AM »
Does anyone have any updates or heard any rumours of when the ACL will begin in Tyrone this year and how many starred rounds in Divisions 1 & 2.  Any county men in Junior?

Under Lights

• View Profile
« Reply #44938 on: January 13, 2022, 11:12:04 AM »
Does anyone have any updates or heard any rumours of when the ACL will begin in Tyrone this year and how many starred rounds in Divisions 1 & 2.  Any county men in Junior?

Heard rumours of a mid May start with 5no starred games.

Still to be decided whether to go with 4 divisions in 2023.

smort

• O.A.S.I.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44939 on: January 13, 2022, 11:56:49 AM »
I don't get why you would start mid May, play 5 starred games into mid June, and then maybe have to pause things for 6 weeks to wait until Tyrone are finished. A mid June start would be better