Brussels

Started by An Fear Rua, February 06, 2008, 11:59:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

anyone ever  lived or worked there. Can you suggest the best areas to stay, as in renting a flat for 3-4 months as opposed to an obesse ones weekender.
Its Grim up North

thejuice

Going to Brussels for a weekend break. Any recommendations? What's the best way to get around?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Muzz

Smallish City so you should have no problem getting around.  If its tourist things you are doing then you can get them hop on hop off buses.  I did the tour but stayed on the bus.  Wasnt a lot to see from what I could work out.

We flew into the airport about an hour from Brussels and got the bus in that left you at train station and got tram into city centre to our digs.  Handy enough and cheap enough.

thejuice

Is the Atomium thing worth travelling out to? It seems a good bit out of the city.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Muzz

The tour bus stops and picks up at it - I didnt go into it but it looked a mighty structure.  To be honest it was hands down the busiest stop - the bus emptied so I'd say it would be the one, if any of the stops are a must see.

thejuice

Grand, I might do one of the red bus tours so. Only really have the Sunday as I'll be drinking mostly on the Saturday.

Cheers for the tips!

Billys Boots

The beer is great.  The only pub I remember well is 'La Morte Subite' which is a bit like The Palace (Fleet St. Dublin).  It serves its own brews. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

I really enjoy Brussels it's a nice spot. If you're there for the weekend you should try out Brugges which is easily accessible by train. We cycled around it stopping in little pubs here and there sampling the local beers as we went. It's pretty laid back and while there's not a lot to the City if you take a day in Brugges it certainly makes the trip worthwhile.

tbrick18

Quote from: thejuice on January 14, 2015, 01:38:39 PM
Is the Atomium thing worth travelling out to? It seems a good bit out of the city.

Was there about 10 years ago, I liked it. There's also "mini europe"....right beside it but only opened at certain times of year.
The beer is class, the chocolate is class and the atmosphere is very laid back.
Best city break I ever had with Mrs Tbrick18. Always intended going back, but havent had the chance yet.