New Gaelic Football video game!

Started by mojopin, November 15, 2014, 12:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

StGallsGAA

It's a complete non starter for the GAA to attempt to develop a game themselves.  The last attempt was embarrassing. Hopefully they will learn from it and spend money sensibly.

thejuice

They should focus on trying to make it fun to play first and worry about realism later. Remember Sensible Soccer!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Syferus

Quote from: StGallsGAA on January 17, 2015, 10:47:47 PM
It's a complete non starter for the GAA to attempt to develop a game themselves.  The last attempt was embarrassing. Hopefully they will learn from it and spend money sensibly.

???

The last games were published by Sony and developed by IR Gurus, an Australian studio with previous experience making AFL games, which was clearly the reason they were contracted by Sony in the first place. They actually used the same engine as the AFL games for the gaelic football games. All the GAA did was provide the license. Given there haven't been a licencing announcement for this project the GAA haven't even done that much, yet.

What I'd like the GAA and the GPA to do is provide their licenses at very affordable prices, a good console game would be such a wonderful marketing tool for the sport in era where anyone under 35 has been raised on FIFA and the like.

What I like about this game is it's being developed in Ireland and has involved actual players. The level of expertise and indeed passion are on another level. I'm sure they know the key is making a game that's fun to play. I have waaaay more faith in these lads than IR Gurus. I just hope people understand they this isn't a massive studio (and could be best described as an indie developer from what I understand) and won't be too harsh on things like presentation - they don't have the budget of FIFA or Madden so don't expect to be stunned by the graphics.