All Ireland Football Final Tickets

Started by Dinny Breen, August 12, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

All Ireland 2019 Dublin v Kerry

I am neutral and would pay €90 if offered a ticket
35 (25.4%)
I am neutral and would not pay €90 if offered a ticket
85 (61.6%)
I am from a competing county and would have no problem paying €90 if offered a ticket
14 (10.1%)
I am from a competing county and would reluctantly pay €90 if offered a ticket
2 (1.4%)
I am from a competing county and can't afford to bring the family and don't want to go alone.
2 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Voting closed: September 01, 2019, 11:29:47 AM

yellowcard

Event junkies will ensure that the final is always a full house but I expect that anyone who wants a ticket for this match will get their hands on one. The inter county game is almost like a different sport now to that of the club scene which is one I'd much prefer. I have passed up the opportunity to go to this years final as I simply cannot justify the money. Early autumn time is my favourite time of year when club championships get into full swing.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: BennyCake on August 12, 2019, 01:53:45 PM
I'm not even sure i would go to this final even if I was given a free ticket, never mind paying €90 for one.

I'm in two minds if I'll even watch it live, and I've never missed watching (or attending) a final since 1985.
Same, Spurs-Arsenal is on at 4 and though I'd not have ever considered the possibility of watching soccer over a major football game, especially the final, then I might be switching over especially if the first half confirms the inevitable.

€90 is extortion for a ticket too.

magpie seanie

Hound

Well said Seanie. No point debating with seafoid, he doesn't have an opinion of his own!

Some say Gavin could go at the end of the year if the 5 is done and it would be a massive job to replace him. Would Darcy go too or would he like a chance to be the leader? Sherlock and Dessie both would surely throw their hat in the ring. And there's always a chance a Vins man gets vaulted in (Conroy perhaps).
As well as lot of retirements there's also talk that two of our best players could take a year out to go travelling!
Although if we do win, and Gavin does stay, then I think we're in for a Cody/Harte type length of stay.
Not sure myself, but did hear Alan Brogan tipping him to leave, so there might be something in it.

I'd give plenty to see the Dubs in an All Ireland final. I'd pay €150 a ticket no problem, but would never pay over face value. Didn't get a ticket in '95 which broke my heart. I'd never take a ticket for a final not involving Dublin, knowing how '95 felt and that I wouldnt want to deprive someone from a competing county of a ticket.   

TheGreatest

This being my 8th All Ireland final this decade, the handiest to get tickets was again Kerry in 11 and again 2015. They dont even travel for finals.

johnnycool

Quote from: TheGreatest on August 12, 2019, 02:51:38 PM
This being my 8th All Ireland final this decade, the handiest to get tickets was again Kerry in 11 and again 2015. They dont even travel for finals.

Considering the crowd at yesterdays semi-final the final will be 80% Dubs.

Surprised Horan hasn't called for the game to be shifted to the Saturday evening as thats when the Dubs always play.

Can't see anything other than the Dubs winning by whatever they chose it to be.

The Hill is Blue

Since "couldn't care less" seems to be the consensus on this thread could anyone with a couple of spare hill tickets please let me know
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Dinny Breen

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on August 13, 2019, 01:30:01 PM
Since "couldn't care less" seems to be the consensus on this thread could anyone with a couple of spare hill tickets please let me know

Is there much demand?

I've been hit up for the hurling ones, no football yet!
#newbridgeornowhere

delgany

"Ten years ago, in 2009, it cost €70 for a stand ticket to the final, meaning the price has increased by 28.5pc." 

I dont remember a pay rise to match that in 10 years.

It's the compressed number of fixtures that hit the pocket hardest !

dublin7

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 13, 2019, 01:53:43 PM

Is there much demand?

Dinny, Any spare tickets for the football final?

Hound

Quote from: delgany on August 13, 2019, 01:58:43 PM
"Ten years ago, in 2009, it cost €70 for a stand ticket to the final, meaning the price has increased by 28.5pc." 

Picking % like that is a nonsense though. If 2009 was the first year it was €70, then it's 2.5% increase per year (but they just hold back on passing on the increase).

It's been €80 for a good few years.

Ticket prices for the final are not the problem. 

BennyCake

Quote from: delgany on August 13, 2019, 01:58:43 PM

A few years ago semis were reduced by €5 but finals increased by €10. Obviously it's gone up €10 since.

But they know most people, especially from those counties not known for success, aren't going to quibble over paying an extra few quid to see their county win Sam or Liam. But considering AI finals have a lot of neutrals, the take-up from non-participating counties will be very low (well, the football final anyway).

Hound

Quote from: BennyCake on August 13, 2019, 02:11:14 PM

But they know most people, especially from those counties not known for success, aren't going to quibble over paying an extra few quid to see their county win Sam or Liam. But considering AI finals have a lot of neutrals, the take-up from non-participating counties will be very low (well, the football final anyway).
That's no bad thing.

If neutrals want to experience the big event, then I'd recommend them to attend semi finals for €40 cheaper! 
Certainly, off the top of my head, the best atmosphere at matches I've been to were the semi-final losses v Tyrone and Armagh and Mayo and wins v Mayo and Kerry.
Atmosphere at finals is always neutralised to an extent by the neutrals.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: dublin7 on August 13, 2019, 01:59:24 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 13, 2019, 01:53:43 PM

Is there much demand?

Dinny, Any spare tickets for the football final?

I am heading to France for a couple of weeks but if anything comes my way, I will keep you in mind. AZ also looking.
#newbridgeornowhere

easytiger95

Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2019, 12:29:41 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on August 12, 2019, 12:23:35 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 12, 2019, 11:41:47 AM
I don't think I will go to another final until the GAA deals with the Dublin funding issue
The competition is a joke.

I'd love to hear the real reasons why county managers resigned in 2019.

Why aren't Dublin winning all the minor and U20 titles? Everyone is ignoring the most critical reason for their success in my eyes - Jim Gavin and his backroom team. Similar to Alex Ferguson at Manchester United in another sport he just keeps serial winners ravenously hungry for further success. When he deems you're past your sell by date you're gone and replaced. Like Manchester United, Dublin never wanted for resources. They lacked proper leadership. Remember the pre-Gavin era whae Dublin were loud mouthed, goading, scoreboard pointing losers?

Of course the financial investment has improved Dublin GAA and increased participation rates. Has it really improved their senior football team? I'm not so sure. Participation rates have increased in Dublin but still lag behind the national average so population is far, far more of a factor than the caoching money.

Huge sponsorship (which was always there) has paid for the massive backroom team. I'd have way more issue with the sponsorship and the money that's spent on their county team(s). THAT's the truly unfair advantage. It'll never happen but there should be a cap on what can be spent on county teams and a central pool for sponsorship monies with every county getting an even share. If Dublin had no one to play would their sponsors pump the money in? Of course not so I think THIS is the area of real imbalance. Sugar Daddy sponsors would also have to come under the "sponsorship" umbrella. That's if we want to have a level playing field.

they don't care about underage or the League

Kevin McStay :

"They empty out pockets, go on dummy runs. They will make 50-metre runs just to get a short kickout – and often won't get the ball at all. Sooner or later the tracker gets tired and switches off, and then the openings come. After that, as happened to Roscommon, the floodgates open."

Irish Times
"The sight of a once vicious rivalry surviving on life support is the GAA's primetime product on the third weekend of June in 2019."

You can add the second weekend of August to that

manfromdelmonte
"Dubs skill level is much higher than most teams
Kick with both feet, pass off either hand, step off either foot
Plus maximise every advantage going - 3/4 steps extra while bouncing the ball, cutting in front of chasing player while soloing or running, setting screens to get space to shoot.
All highly coachable"

Irish Times

"But if there was a moment that symbolised the state of the game, it was  Angus Lyons, making his Primrose debut, surrounded by seven blue shirts and relieved off the ball. Jonny Cooper helped him up off the ground as the blue shirts sprinted across the savannah. They led by 2-21 to 0-11 at the time and were growing stronger by the second. The message was clear. Abandon hope all ye who enter here."

"sooner or later Dublin will identify an excellent replacement candidate and will bring through complete players that we haven't heard of.
Brian Howard and Eoin Murchan just came into the senior team as the fully achieved thing. It seemed like these guys walked in off the street but, of course, they didn't. And there are many more like them waiting in the wings."

It's a system designe for Dublin. f**k competition

My cousin was on the u 20 panel this year. Try telling him in the aftermath that we weren't taking it seriously.

As for the League, we've won 5 of the last 7, and what marked us out from our predecessors was taking a leaf from Cody and Kilkenny, and recognising the importance of using being as competitive as possible in the League as a springboard for champo. In fact, one of the only facts the handicappers had to mark us down this year was that we hadn't won the League.

But don't let facts outweigh your opinions, whatever you do...