Started by babarino, June 12, 2016, 04:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublin7

Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 09:58:29 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 25, 2016, 09:33:34 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 08:47:01 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on June 25, 2016, 08:35:30 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2016, 08:34:34 PM
No doubt there will be post after post about the level of cynicism in this game.

Disgusting from the keeper there.

How do you know?

The Monaghan player pushed the ball into his face. You never got a clip on the end of the nose?

Need to take of those donegal tinted glasses. Goalkeeper was a disgrace taking a dive like that and deserved a proper slap for acting the pri*ck.  Typical ulster championship game. Close game but constant off the ball fouling and cheap/cynical shots that ref can't see. Shows what a joke linesmen & especially umpires are. Didn't give the ref any help.

I didn't come down either way on the keeper. He could have been faking, but how do you (or the commentators) know either way? We're not talking something clearcut like Tiernan McCann here.

It looked to me like the Monaghan player slapped the ball and pushed it into his face. You get that on the end of the nose and you're seeing stars for a minute.

But, I'll take a look again to see what I'm apparently missing.

If you honestly think that wasn't a dive it's either specsavers or a white cane you need.

Comical Ali has nothing on you with your pathetic defense of the indefensible.  I'm no fan of Tyrone but if one their players pulled a stunt like that he would be crucified by all and sundry. As a previous poster pointed out he should be named and shamed on Sunday game tomorrow night

SouthDublinBro

Very cynical play from both sides. Predictable ulster stuff. McManus' great free taking the only highlights of the game. Would worry about playing Donegal marginally more further down the line, Monaghan seem more one-dimensional than them going forward. Donegal worked a few good goal chances but can't see that same movement working for them against the real top sides.

Would fancy Tyrone to win Ulster this year.

Quote from: dublin7 on June 25, 2016, 09:33:34 PMLeinster football might be a joke with the dubs dominance but at least the teams try and play football and none of the basketball tactics and cynical rubbish that was tonight on view.

On a side point watching James Horan on the tv the last few weeks its clear he hasn't a clue.  No wonder Mayo couldn't get over the line with him in charge.  Clearly well able to get the team fit and athletic but hasn't a clue about tactics

+1 on both points.

J70

Quote from: dublin7 on June 25, 2016, 11:01:48 PM
No doubt there will be post after post about the level of cynicism in this game.

How do you know?

The Monaghan player pushed the ball into his face. You never got a clip on the end of the nose?

Need to take of those donegal tinted glasses. Goalkeeper was a disgrace taking a dive like that and deserved a proper slap for acting the pri*ck.  Typical ulster championship game. Close game but constant off the ball fouling and cheap/cynical shots that ref can't see. Shows what a joke linesmen & especially umpires are. Didn't give the ref any help.

I didn't come down either way on the keeper. He could have been faking, but how do you (or the commentators) know either way? We're not talking something clearcut like Tiernan McCann here.

It looked to me like the Monaghan player slapped the ball and pushed it into his face. You get that on the end of the nose and you're seeing stars for a minute.

If you honestly think that wasn't a dive it's either specsavers or a white cane you need.

Comical Ali has nothing on you with your pathetic defense of the indefensible.  I'm no fan of Tyrone but if one their players pulled a stunt like that he would be crucified by all and sundry. As a previous poster pointed out he should be named and shamed on Sunday game tomorrow night

Once again, I didn't say it WASN'T a dive.

I said it was not clear cut from what I saw. You and several others are the ones who are adamant. Fair fucks to you if you can tell from the pictures Sky showed. I'm not going to vilify a young lad based on that (and its f**k all to do with blinkers - Neil McGee got no excuses made for him in his two incidents this year by any Donegal lad here, and neither did the team's overall behaviour in that Kerry league game).

And yes, I'm sure the Sunday Game will "prove" it one way or the other. If he is guilty, so be it. Let him take his medicine.

JoG2

Good old battle tonight.  McManus  was well marshalled but still landed a bagful inc a couple of clinkers at the end to bring Monaghan back level.

The Donegal keeper,  WTF? I hope that's the last we see of that embarrassing carryon from any player this championship.   Football is a man's game,  play it like a man and not a big jessy!

All championship games should have extra time

upmonaghansayswe

Dick putting that maor foirne p***k on his hole was one of the highlights of the evening.... Linesman telling him to get up and piss off made it even better..

straightred

Donegal back to their messy best with the keeper, doctor and mentor all getting in on the act. Its up to the gaa now to sort out the nonsense from the officials. We wait in hope. Am i the only one who saw the 3rd man tackle on the defender in the lead up to the goal. I suppose you cant expect the ref to catch everything but its disappointing to see as it left him clean through to score (and he did score)

moysider

Quote from: straightred on June 25, 2016, 11:38:27 PM
Donegal back to their messy best with the keeper, doctor and mentor all getting in on the act. Its up to the gaa now to sort out the nonsense from the officials. We wait in hope. Am i the only one who saw the 3rd man tackle on the defender in the lead up to the goal. I suppose you cant expect the ref to catch everything but its disappointing to see as it left him clean through to score (and he did score)

Yeah. It was noticed alright. Ref. clearly missed it but as you say can't see everything. If he did it was a black card.

Main Street

The ref can't see everything but he added on appropriate amount of  extra time and by current conservative GAA  standards it was  quite an extraordinary amount of extra time which more than covered the time wasting by the goalie.

straightred

Quote from: Main Street on June 26, 2016, 12:02:01 AM
The ref can't see everything but he added on appropriate amount of  extra time and by current conservative GAA  standards it was  quite an extraordinary amount of extra time which more than covered the time wasting by the goalie.

The way it should be rather than the lazy 3 mins that we normally get. If the stoppages add up to 10 mins then it should be 10. The message should be that wasting time is of no benefit and then hopefully we'll see less of it.

Conallach

In fairness to headquarters, StraightRed, that's already the directive for the year and seems to be being enforced well.

oakleafgael

How do you know?

J70 your one of the more level headed posters here but stop trying to defend the indefensible.

thebuzz

Quote from: straightred on June 25, 2016, 11:38:27 PM

Peter Canavan highlighted the third man tackle in his analysis.

thebuzz

Quote from: J70 on June 25, 2016, 11:19:32 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 25, 2016, 11:01:48 PM

How do you know?

Once again, I didn't say it WASN'T a dive.

I said it was not clear cut from what I saw. You and several others are the ones who are adamant. Fair f**ks to you if you can tell from the pictures Sky showed. I'm not going to vilify a young lad based on that (and its f**k all to do with blinkers - Neil McGee got no excuses made for him in his two incidents this year by any Donegal lad here, and neither did the team's overall behaviour in that Kerry league game).

And yes, I'm sure the Sunday Game will "prove" it one way or the other. If he is guilty, so be it. Let him take his medicine.

How come all the neutrals can tell from the pictures Sky showed? He was definitely play acting from what I saw before I saw anyone else's view.

J70

Quote from: oakleafgael on June 26, 2016, 12:43:27 AM

How do you know?

J70 your one of the more level headed posters here but stop trying to defend the indefensible.

Fair enough. (Not that I wasn't genuine with my reservations, but clearly I'm in a tiny minority)

Give and Go

What is going with the officials in the last few games?
First we had  a point added tot he wrong side causing a replay in the Christy Ring Final.
Then we had a 7th sub in Portlaoise causing another replay.
Last night Rory Kavanagh was substituted and replaced by Christy Toye. It was clearly announced over the tannoy; Christy was held back fro 30 secs or so before coming on by Maurice Deegan yet Kavanagh was on the Donegal goal line as a lineal was being kicked goal wards and he contested the dropping ball......

Add into that the conning of the referee by Donegal feigning head injuries when they went ahead close to the finish. Nothing done about it and they were allowed to disrupt Monaghan's momentum.
McQuillan and his umpires should have dealt with it. Then again the umpires failed to take action on the carry on with Vinny Corey and Michael Murphy......