Tyrone v Roscommon Croke Park 14/15th July

Started by omagh_gael, July 07, 2018, 10:55:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bearded One

In all seriousness, I was able to watch the first game today without emotion and thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a groups of Rossies beside me and the craic was good and football conversation interesting. With 15 mins left they were worried about fitness and felt Armagh were coming strongly but the dug in and deserved their win. It'll be a good tussle next week and is hard to call, offensively Roscommon looked very sharp but looked a bit naive at the back, hopefully Tyrone can exploit this.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Rossfan

Sharp attack, naive defence.
You've sussed us out in a nutshell  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

If John Mac finally scores a fûcking point there will be no stopping us.

Rossfan

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 07, 2018, 11:15:20 PM
Grudge match of the fûcking year.

::) Don't flatter yourselves. Roscommon aren't significant enough to be a grudge match for us.
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2018, 12:37:46 AM

Very offensive, the Rossies.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2018, 12:37:46 AM
The more top class matches Ros get, the better. Imagine last year if they had 2 matches after the Mayo replay
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 06:18:52 AM

::) Don't flatter yourselves. Roscommon aren't significant enough to be a grudge match for us.

Yet this was your contribution. Telling.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on July 08, 2018, 10:00:41 AM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 08, 2018, 06:18:52 AM

Yet this was your contribution. Telling.

Not really. The grudge which I presume you are referring to is the u21 semi final which is nothing but a distant dot in the memory of most Tyrone fans. I hold no grudge towards Roscommon in the slightest.
That was never a square ball!!

Rossfan

Anyway the general consensus is we haven't a hope here as
1 we bet nobody
2 we have no defence
3 Tyrone won't let us score 2-22.

Ah well sure it'll be nice to get to Croke Park -sure everyone wants to play there and won't we be able to stay on then and watch the greatest team of all time ( who were just Lucy enough to be all born round the same few tears).
We can gape slack jawed at the wonderful surroundings that we paid for and maybe buy porter in a plastic glass at  €6 a pint.

manfromdelmonte

Tyrone will devour Roscommon.
They didn't get out of 2nd gear yesterday to beat Cork.

6+ points win.

The Black Mamba

After an excellent attacking display yesterday, the next target for this team is to take a scalp in Croke Park. It's no secret as to how a Tyrone team under the management of that dinosaur will play ... here's hoping for David Gough to be referee.

Gael85

Quote from: Baggio90 on July 08, 2018, 12:19:28 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on July 08, 2018, 12:16:38 AM
I presume they bet Monaghan out the gate.... ;D

To be fair to Monaghan, they have managed a couple of victories in Championship matches in Croke Park in the past 17 years. Am I correct in saying Mayo are the only side in Connacht to win a Championship match in Croke Park since Sligo beat Tyrone in 2002?

Correct

longballin

It's good Tyrone get Roscommon first, handy enough win and keeps momentum going until the bigger challenges of Dublin and Donegal.

Fuzzman

Very important it's first as IF we win it as most would expect us to then we will be a lot more confident at home 5obthe Dubs. Away to Donegal will be a tough one. Have we ever won there? I cant remember winning there, ever.
I must say when I first heard about the super 8s format I thought God wouldn't it be great to bring the Dubs to Omagh for a game but then realised to do so you would need to get through as a qualifier not Ulster champions.
And here we are.
Living in Dublin 22 years now and always slagging the Dubs that they've no idea what it's like to play a proper AWAY championship game as they think a neutral venue is an away game. Away venues where the home crowd are up in arms from the start and creating a real hostile venue.
It's a long time since we as Tyrone fans have really got behind the team like we used to in the 90s and 00s.
Too many of us now just sit and be to quiet.

I've not really watched Roscommon this year but I was in Croker last year when they took Mayo to a draw.
We nearly always have their number but we cannot let Sat big win paper over the cracks. We looked very impressive but was that more to do with Cork than us? Who knows.

Still I'm very content we've stepped it up a gear since almost losing to Meath and hopefully we'll have both Sparky and Lee Brennan available as super Subs v the Dubs. Is that Sunday week?

You gotta say we've had an easy enough route to here since losing to Monaghan