Galvin and Finlay appeals fail

Started by Mid Mon, June 27, 2008, 01:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

Paul Galvin's appeal against his six month ban has been turned down by the CAC, while Monaghan's Paul Finlay's one match ban has also been upheld.

The Subbie

Galvins suspension was a bit too lienient for my liking, disgraceful actions by both him and the DRA, they could have really flung the book at him.

Denn Forever

Hopefully that will draw a line under it.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Hardy

Uladh

Quote from: Mid Mon on June 27, 2008, 01:09:58 PM
Paul Galvin's appeal against his six month ban has been turned down by the CAC, while Monaghan's Paul Finlay's one match ban has also been upheld.

In other news, Roger federer has beaten an unseeded tennis player at wimbledon...

BallyhaiseMan

Finlays 8 week suspension was harsh in my opinion.

Also think Galvin should have got 12-16 weeks instead of 24 weeks.

Gnevin

What grounds are they appealing under apart from "We don't like it" ?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Kerry Mike

Just got this in a Munster GAA mail alert.

PRESS RELEASE

COISTE CHONDAE CHIARRAÍ
-------------------------------------------------------

Coiste Chiarraí and Kerry Senior Team Management express disappointment that Paul Galvin's appeal in relation to his excessive suspension was turned down at last nights Central Appeals Committee meeting in Croke Park.

However it is now the wish of Paul Galvin that the County's full focus will be on the Munster Minor and Senior Football finals on Sunday 6th July in Cork.

The rules of the Association allow Paul to take his case to a hearing of the DRA and this option may yet be considered.

==========================

Time to move on now, there is lots of football to be played yet this year.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tyrone Dreamer

Galvin is a big loss for Kerry, as is Declan O'Sullivan. People were basically saying Kerry were close to unbeatable this year but I think they'll fall short of doing the 3 in a row. I predict a semi final exit.

jodyb

At least they're still susceptable to one type of semi final exit. They'll never really be at risk of a munster semi final exit after the bullsh!t motion passed last year >:(

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 27, 2008, 08:01:36 PM

Fair dues KM, such as it goes, I couldn't see it being reduced, and I don't believe there's a technicality that will result in a commutation of this particular penalty, DRA or no!
All players must now take note: transgress at your peril.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

jodyb

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on June 27, 2008, 10:32:25 PM
Quote from: Kerry Mike on June 27, 2008, 08:01:36 PM

Fair dues KM, such as it goes, I couldn't see it being reduced, and I don't believe there's a technicality that will result in a commutation of this particular penalty, DRA or no!
All players must now take note: transgress at your peril.

FFS Geoffrey Mc gonigle got 3 months for calling the ref a clown back in 2000. This 'Robustness' in disciplinary action ebbs and flows.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAt least they're still susceptable to one type of semi final exit. They'll never really be at risk of a munster semi final exit after the bullsh!t motion passed last year

Ulster SFC semi-final
At Omagh
Fermanagh 1-11
Derry 1-9

not as susceptible as Derry obviously.

Silky

I think Kerry will use this to help motivate some of the younger lads. Galvin is a tit but 6 months was harsh.

Main Street

Quote from: Gnevin on June 27, 2008, 06:34:17 PM
What grounds are they appealing under apart from "We don't like it" ?
I wondered about that, do they just argue the same case in front of a different bunch of people?
Or an exhaustive futile process to search for a technicality, a missing fada.

One appeal is more than enough to proof read the documents.
A disciplinary system with 3 appeals allowed is farcical.
Displays little confidence in it's own disciplinary system.