?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Quote from: tbrick18 on August 30, 2019, 10:00:13 PM
Quote from: Silver hill on August 30, 2019, 08:54:51 PM
Malachy parked the bus v Derry in 08 but that was with limited resources in fermanagh. He didn't when he had better attacking options with Monaghan. That's the difference, Gallagher imposes his style irrespective of the playing pool at his disposal

Derry have limited resources too.
Orourke and mcentee ruled themselves out early days so no point in talking about what they would or wouldn't do as they didn't want the job.

Yes the process seems to have been a farce. I'd get rid of mciver in the morning. He's been a major problem imo since he got the manager job and a major drain on finances.

However, we don't have a line of top class managers breaking down the door looking the job. We are a div3 side who will struggle for promotion. Playing under an external manager might get more players to commit and improve us. We are Not an exciting prospect for any manager either.
I for one would just like to see us win some meaningful games and be in the running in ulster.
I think Gallagher will be able to do this so he'd have my backing.
Remember, the process of appointments was not his fault so he shouldn't be tarred with that brush.
+ 1

Wildweasel74

Who's the man most qualified for the job here? Don't know why half you care on here, am sure youse weren't at many Derry league games this year in Div 4. This keep it in house is alot of crap. Where some of the other management contenders actually from.

Will it ever end

Wild weasel I'm not sure I get why being in Division 4 kept things in house?

Gallagher is clearly the most qualified for the job but how it has played out is very poor for any confidence in the county board.

Glenman93

Did any part of the process contravene the GAA guidelines on managerial appointments? If so, pursue it. If not, forget about it.

Real Talk

Quote from: Glenman93 on August 31, 2019, 01:07:23 PM
Did any part of the process contravene the GAA guidelines on managerial appointments? If so, pursue it. If not, forget about it.

I would very much doubt if any of the successful counties ( ie generally speaking the current top 8 Football & Hurling Counties) follow GAA guidelines .... they Head Hunt who they want and get their man .... this is 2019 and that's the way it is done provided of course you have sources the finance that is needed for all the costs involved .... Allegedly Donegal are still paying 'off' their costs for "Jimmy, Jimmy winning matches"

restorepride

Quote from: Real Talk on August 31, 2019, 07:12:46 PM
Quote from: Glenman93 on August 31, 2019, 01:07:23 PM

I would very much doubt if any of the successful counties ( ie generally speaking the current top 8 Football & Hurling Counties) follow GAA guidelines .... they Head Hunt who they want and get their man .... this is 2019 and that's the way it is done provided of course you have sources the finance that is needed for all the costs involved .... Allegedly Donegal are still paying 'off' their costs for "Jimmy, Jimmy winning matches"
Nothing against "headhunting", as you put it, in the GAA's 9 step guide to appointing a manager.  Chair of committee can approach any potential candidate to guage level of interest. What County, top 8 or not, wouldn't seek to make the best appointment possible?

Will it ever end

I wouldn't have an issue with headhunting - that's a way of life in county or club football.

The process was horrendously handled & wouldn't surprise me if 3 of the 4 shortlisted were actually offered the job in some form by a number of parties within the county board - it only serves to reinforce the point the patients are running the asylum.

Ultimately the most qualified man for the job has got it & there won't be a word about it if he gets the best players out & progresses!

You, Yew and Ewe

Championship weekend, who's is it to win?  I'd say Slaughtneil, Claudy and Glack

Senior
Friday (Owenbeg: 20:30) Lavey v Greenlough
Saturday (Glen: 14:30) Newbridge v Slaughtneil
Saturday (Glen: 16:00) Ballinderry v Dungiven
Saturday (Owenbeg: 16:30) Banagher v Bellaghy
Saturday (Owenbeg: 20:00) Magherafelt v Coleraine
Sunday (Bellaghy: 13:30) Glenullin v Swatragh
Sunday (Owenbeg: 18:00) Kilrea v Ballinascreen
Sunday (Owenbeg: 19:30) Glen v The Loup

Intermediate
Friday (Owenbeg: 19:00) Craigbane v Castledawson
Friday (Celtic Park: 20:30) Steelstown v Claudy
Saturday (Celtic Park: 12:00) Drumsurn v Slaughtmanus
Saturday (Celtic Park: 13:30) Faughvale v Foreglen
Sunday (Bellaghy: 12:00) Ballerin v Ballymaguigan
Sunday (Celtic Park: 15:00) Limavaday v Doire Trasna

Junior
Thursday (Owenbeg: 19:30) Magilligan v Ardmore
Thursday (Celtic Park: 19:30) Sean Dolan's v Doire Colmcille
?? (??: ??) Glack v Drum

imtommygunn

Is it straight knockout or does the loser get back in?

toby47

Squareball71

Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on September 02, 2019, 04:27:19 PM
Championship weekend, who's is it to win?  I'd say Slaughtneil, Claudy and Glack

Senior
Friday (Owenbeg: 20:30) Lavey v Greenlough
Saturday (Glen: 14:30) Newbridge v Slaughtneil
Saturday (Glen: 16:00) Ballinderry v Dungiven
Saturday (Owenbeg: 16:30) Banagher v Bellaghy
Saturday (Owenbeg: 20:00) Magherafelt v Coleraine
Sunday (Bellaghy: 13:30) Glenullin v Swatragh
Sunday (Owenbeg: 18:00) Kilrea v Ballinascreen
Sunday (Owenbeg: 19:30) Glen v The Loup

Intermediate
Friday (Owenbeg: 19:00) Craigbane v Castledawson
Friday (Celtic Park: 20:30) Steelstown v Claudy
Saturday (Celtic Park: 12:00) Drumsurn v Slaughtmanus
Saturday (Celtic Park: 13:30) Faughvale v Foreglen
Sunday (Bellaghy: 12:00) Ballerin v Ballymaguigan
Sunday (Celtic Park: 15:00) Limavaday v Doire Trasna

Junior
Thursday (Owenbeg: 19:30) Magilligan v Ardmore
Thursday (Celtic Park: 19:30) Sean Dolan's v Doire Colmcille
?? (??: ??) Glack v Drum

I'll go Slaughtneil, Claudy and Moneymore.

A gamblers treble of Lavey, Drumsurn and Magilligan.

markl121

Apparantly another twist in the management thing. What is going on

Leaveherlong

Has Gallagher been offered the County job? Is the County Board waiting to hear from him or whats the craic? . No harm but it was no way to treat genuine Derry men like McGoldrick and McBride to go behind their backs and meet directly with Gallagher. How come Derry always seem to get the basic things wrong? The Chairman and Vice Chairman and all the rest don't seem to be in control. Its long overdue that Derry appointed top quality people to the County Board but we always seem to end up with people who would struggle to organise a piss up in a brewery.

The club championship is a two horse race - Coleraine or Slaughtneil - no one else even comes close and by the look of it Slaughtneil want their title back!

bannside

Sean Mc Goldrick is a St Teresa's man from West Belfast....unluckily for them settled and reared an excellent footballing/hurling/camogie family in Portstewart.

restorepride

Quote from: bannside on September 02, 2019, 10:36:50 PM
Sean Mc Goldrick is a St Teresa's man from West Belfast....unluckily for them settled and reared an excellent footballing/hurling/camogie family in Portstewart.
Thanks for the Geography lesson.  No credit to the mother?