Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 23, 2016, 07:48:29 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 23, 2016, 07:34:44 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 23, 2016, 07:32:15 PM
Quote from: muppet on June 23, 2016, 05:51:11 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on June 23, 2016, 02:15:09 PM

Any nationalist should have an Irish passport anyway so shouldn't give a toss about that. I've driven from France to Swizterland and back before and never had to bother with any queues or traffic.

The Leave=UI argument is that there will be no border and it will move to Britain, Ireland will be treated as one entity and Scotland will leave.

I ended up voting In, mainly because I think it's important that any Brexit is against the will of nationalist areas (who want to remain in the EU and therefore there is an appetite for a UI), and the risk of border posts in Ireland (which I don't believe will happen) was too big a risk, I couldn't be bothered being searched by British soldiers every few days.

Do you know why you weren't bothered by queues or traffic?

No, but somebody a few posts above me commented that there are big queues of traffic even though you rarely get stopped. I was refuting their point.

I have absolutely no idea what you point is and the only thing I am certain of at this stage, is that neither do you.  :D

Quote from: Rois on June 23, 2016, 02:09:09 PM
Quote from: Lazer on June 23, 2016, 12:24:14 PM

As for customs, ever walked through Dublin or Belfast airport coming off a non EU flight? How often do you get stopped? Its mainly a matter of spot checks and putting the emphasis on you declare any goods which may be subject to tariffs or import taxes.

Ever driven from Switzerland to France or vice versa?  You're not often stopped, but the queue is huge pain in the a$$.  Airports I can deal with (flying into Geneva isn't too bad).  Roads I pass frequently, and not to go on holiday but to work - not so much!

Good lad muppet, don't bother checking back over the posts and live up to your username.

Here's how it works.

I am answering your post and you can see the conversation in the list of quotes above.

If I now answer a post from somebody else, that isn't listed above or included in a quote, no one but me will have a clue what I am talking about.

And as for the insult: "Good lad muppet, don't bother checking back over the posts and live up to your username."

MWWSI 2017

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2016, 10:01:40 PM
Fully agree. People would be much better voting tories out first then dealing with eu. They really are going to be the ruination of the whole of the uk and them combined with no eu would cripple ni.

Vote out of eu to give tories full control is quite a frightening prospect. One which i really hope i don't wake up to or it could be moving time.

Different choir, same hymn sheet.

seafoid

Fully agree. People would be much better voting tories out first then dealing with eu. They really are going to be the ruination of the whole of the uk and them combined with no eu would cripple ni.

Vote out of eu to give tories full control is quite a frightening prospect. One which i really hope i don't wake up to or it could be moving time.
Well said. Cameron made a dreadful misjudgement calling this vote  . The Tories have no ideas.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

It will be a remain (well based on the bookies) 56% for remain
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: seafoid on June 23, 2016, 10:37:08 PM

Well said. Cameron made a dreadful misjudgement calling this vote  . The Tories have no ideas.

Well we may get used to them cos Labour won't be in anytime soon

imtommygunn

Yeah it is depressing. What the tories are doing to the nhs is criminal :-(

BennyHarp

Farage reckons is a close win for remain.
That was never a square ball!!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 23, 2016, 10:50:14 PM

Would the NHS save money if we were charged £10 for doctors appointments and A&E visits?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thewobbler

No, what Labour did in bloating the NHS was criminal.

Tories are just trying to make it work as a service.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 23, 2016, 10:59:54 PM
Farage reckons is a close win for remain.

Turns out he has unconceded the result now! Its going to be a long night!
That was never a square ball!!

screenexile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2016, 11:02:41 PM

Would the NHS save money if we were charged £10 for doctors appointments and A&E visits?

It's a slippery slope once you start charging. First it's a tenner then it will have to be in line with inflation and then who knows.

Remember tuition fees came in at £1,000 and are now up to £9,000 per year!!

armaghniac

In this matter,  I do not advocate Brits Out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Fewer agency workers and more full time workers.

Less layers of management.

Don't need to go down the charge route.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: screenexile on June 23, 2016, 11:08:13 PM

It's a slippery slope once you start charging. First it's a tenner then it will have to be in line with inflation and then who knows.

Remember tuition fees came in at £1,000 and are now up to £9,000 per year!!

I understand but what are the choices ?  NHS is at its knees no money for basic procedures, waiting lists that long that people give up waiting or die!! If they put a 6/7 year freeze at a tenner then you would see the doctors surgery's being a lot shorter and A&E with less people

Shamrock Shore

Sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong but I do hope Cameron now wields the axe and fires all the cabinet that wanted out.

Yer wan Villers was just on Sky News and she would be top of my list (to fire, nothing else, no tittering down the back)