OByrne Cup 2020

Started by Laoiseabu, October 18, 2019, 12:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegreeenandgold

Brody and Dillion to return to panel in coming weeks.

Giovanni

Good to hear. Sometimes you'd wonder how these stories get started.......

Joeythelips

No middle ground on here, things are either amazing or chronic. Judging any side on their O'Byrne cup games is surely a fools errand. Longford beat Laois in the first round in 2003 and it did not turn out too bad.

Quirke will be judged on results in league and championship, there is no doubt they will be up against it in Div 2 especially with the loss of the Kingston brothers and Attride which are 3 of the teams best players but thats the way it is. Im sure the other Div 2 sides will probably see Laois as the most beatable but thats the challenge for our lads, we have earned the right to be there. The likes of Down, Westmeath, Fermanagh etc are hardly world beaters.

les Antiques

Quote from: Laoiseabu on January 05, 2020, 03:26:19 PM
I've been told Seale, Boyle and Dillon aren't committing

Where do these rumours get started ?  By the time the league is up and running expect to see a more than decent portlaoise contingent involved.  A few lads involved in the Obyrne cup won't be near the league panel when it's cut so I wouldn't be getting too bothered just yet over a few glorified trial games .
Hasn't Dillon been nominated as captain this year ?

thegreeenandgold

I think at one point returning was not on the cards for both but they have changed their minds.  It's easy enough imagine New Manager, long season etc.

Blow-in

Brody returned last night

Butch Cassidy

BobbyBoucherJr

Quote from: thegreeenandgold on January 06, 2020, 05:08:42 PM
Brody and Dillion to return to panel in coming weeks.

Dillon not playing with Laois this year I heard

portlaoisekid

Are the Kingstons back? Presenter on Newstalk earlier said they may be back ...

les Antiques

Quote from: Joeythelips on January 10, 2020, 11:43:55 AM
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/01/10/huge-boost-for-laois-footballers-as-portlaoise-quartet-return-to-the-fold/

Great to have Healy back, a huge boost if he gets back fully fit.

I'm not sure and I hope I'm wrong . Healy hasn't played much football at inter county level the last few years and nowadays you just don't jump straight back into gear after been Away that long regardless of how well you look after yourself. Especially at the age of 32.
Its going to be very tough for him . I really hope I'm wrong.

SCFC

Quote from: les Antiques on January 13, 2020, 10:32:11 PM
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2020/01/10/huge-boost-for-laois-footballers-as-portlaoise-quartet-return-to-the-fold/

I'm not sure and I hope I'm wrong . Healy hasn't played much football at inter county level the last few years and nowadays you just don't jump straight back into gear after been Away that long regardless of how well you look after yourself. Especially at the age of 32.
Healy is 33. And will turn 34 this year.

Joeythelips

Quote from: SCFC on January 14, 2020, 09:21:25 AM
Quote from: les Antiques on January 13, 2020, 10:32:11 PM

Healy is 33. And will turn 34 this year.

There is no doubt he is gone past his prime and coming back from serious injury is difficult but if anyone can do its him.

Unlaoised

Healy will be in the team that finishes the league ....Mark my words
LAOIS ABÚ

Silkyskillssunshinee

Quote from: Unlaoised on January 14, 2020, 11:39:06 PM
Healy will be in the team that finishes the league ....Mark my words

He may be 33/34 but he's still one of the best options we have ar corner-back considering the losses of Attride and Dillon this year. I wonder will Saunders be brought in as well to cover that position after U-20's finish campaign. He looks physically ready for senior inter-county football.