Dublin players and Management all get new Subaru car

Started by Fuzzman, January 25, 2017, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: rosnarun on January 26, 2017, 10:05:41 AM
a certain mayo player has a car from Dacia and it broke down in a field in Roscommon last sunday before the match and had half the Carpark/field pushing it , It wasn't even a year old.
not the image they are going for I suspect though every did notice the Car

Then of course Mayo players havd a bit of history when it comes to pushing cars around car parks
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Fuzzman

I think people didn't mind it too much when the player of the year was awarded with a new car for his efforts but when the whole panel and backroom team start receiving new cars and no doubt other benefits you got to wonder are we fooling ourselves with the amateur label.

Can anyone clear up the whole rumour about the Dubs players getting their meals provided for them or was it just dietary advice?

Minder

So are they all getting cars, it doesent say that in the article, does it ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

heffo

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 26, 2017, 10:29:33 AM
I think people didn't mind it too much when the player of the year was awarded with a new car for his efforts but when the whole panel and backroom team start receiving new cars and no doubt other benefits you got to wonder are we fooling ourselves with the amateur label.

Where do you get the info the entire panel & mgt are getting a free car?

it's not quite the Big Aido Audi A6 but it'll do us simple folks just fine

Fuzzman

The last line says...

Subaru will provide vehicles to the players and management of the Dublin senior football and hurling teams. Both teams will also benefit from a Subaru Forester Van to transport their kit around the country as they compete in the All-Ireland Championships and National Leagues."

I presume they can't give it to the starting 15 on AI final day and leave out the subs

http://www.subaru.ie/subaru-life/bryan-cullen,-dublin-gaa-star,-selects-subaru/

JoG2

Quote from: Gael85 on January 25, 2017, 11:23:34 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on January 25, 2017, 10:10:06 PM
You've Dublin players not lining out for their clubs in relegation battles and championship semi-finals.. Why would they put all these treats in jeopardy for a paltry club game?The polar opposite of what the GAA is about

Which players are you referring to?

Both have been listed on here at some stage, Paul Flynn is one of them, the other name escapes me

rrhf

Would Semi professional soccor players in Ireland have as much as that, and thats only 1 deal we know about. 
At what stage do we concede that the Dubs are playing professional (semi) Gaelic Football and the rest of Ireland arent. 
Question is.. Is this a good model for the GAA going forward?  Dubs cant play football to get these deals if they werent playing against amateurs from other counties.
If I was from Meath I would hate the Dubs this morning. 

Hound

Quote from: JoG2 on January 26, 2017, 11:05:23 AM
You've Dublin players not lining out for their clubs in relegation battles and championship semi-finals.. Why would they put all these treats in jeopardy for a paltry club game?The polar opposite of what the GAA is about

Both have been listed on here at some stage, Paul Flynn is one of them, the other name escapes me
Flynn missed a leinster intermediate club semi final in late November / early December. I understand that it was because he was on holidays in the US with his partner.
Very difficult one, as the holiday would have been planned from a long time out and no way would he have expected to be still playing club football at that time. He was around and played in the Dublin intermediate championship and was the key man in Fingallians finally regaining senior status after near-misses in the few years previous.

The cars players get are generally use of a car for year, rather than a free car. Still great of course. 

Jinxy

Quote from: rrhf on January 26, 2017, 02:20:56 PM
Would Semi professional soccor players in Ireland have as much as that, and thats only 1 deal we know about. 
At what stage do we concede that the Dubs are playing professional (semi) Gaelic Football and the rest of Ireland arent. 
Question is.. Is this a good model for the GAA going forward?  Dubs cant play football to get these deals if they werent playing against amateurs from other counties.

If you were from Meath you would hate the Dubs every morning.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

JoG2

I was listening to Aidan O'Mahony on rte radio the other night and he was talking about the great prospects coming through from the 3 in a row Kerry minors. It had me thinking, good, maybe if a handful of these minors make the step up, they could well challenge the Dublin bohemeth down the line. Now that's me hoping for a county on the other side of this country can compete with Dublin and not my own! How mad is that?! My own county and the vast majority of the rest are a country mile off challenging, now or in the near future

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on January 26, 2017, 02:34:25 PM

Flynn missed a leinster intermediate club semi final in late November / early December. I understand that it was because he was on holidays in the US with his partner.
Very difficult one, as the holiday would have been planned from a long time out and no way would he have expected to be still playing club football at that time. He was around and played in the Dublin intermediate championship and was the key man in Fingallians finally regaining senior status after near-misses in the few years previous.

The cars players get are generally use of a car for year, rather than a free car. Still great of course.

Fingallians played in the promotion play-offs after that date though Hound, these play-offs regularly go into November/December. Fingallians would have been one of the favourites for promotion from division 3 as well as for the Intermediate title. If Flynn wasn't planning on still playing ball in November/December I'm sure his club was. That was arguably Fingallians biggest day out in years. No way would he have missed a Leinster semi-final for the Dubs for a holiday in the US. Then again there's no use of cars or grants for the club player.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

shark

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on January 26, 2017, 02:53:15 PM

Fingallians played in the promotion play-offs after that date though Hound, these play-offs regularly go into November/December. Fingallians would have been one of the favourites for promotion from division 3 as well as for the Intermediate title. If Flynn wasn't planning on still playing ball in November/December I'm sure his club was. That was arguably Fingallians biggest day out in years. No way would he have missed a Leinster semi-final for the Dubs for a holiday in the US. Then again there's no use of cars or grants for the club player.

While I mostly agree with you Croi, I am going to stand up for Flynn a bit. Every player is entitled to a break, and it's the fault of HQ that the calendar is a mess. Flynn's loyalty to his club has been tested in the past in a different way (if rumours are to be believed. I can't back this up!) and he showed then that he is no mercenary. I don't think he is the best example here, as from my small amount of exposure to him he comes across as a very genuine guy who just loves his football.

Gael85

I would agree missing the semi final doesn't look good but Flynn has played through the pain barrier for last 2 years. I don't think Fingallians were pushed about Leinster. I'd say they were just happy to win intermediate championship after losing 2/3 finals in a row. Plus they had 3 playoffs games in league to play after that. Flynn played in all those games.

magpie seanie

Do they have to pay BIK on this?

stew

They cheat, Tyrone cheat, whats the difference????
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.