Dublin players and Management all get new Subaru car

Started by Fuzzman, January 25, 2017, 01:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

From the Sindo

Having claimed back-to-back All-Ireland SFC titles on the pitch in October, the Dublin GAA powerhouse also shows no sign of abating outside the white lines with Subaru coming on board as a major sponsorship partner for 2017.
Already the GAA's biggest draw with regards to match attendances, Jim Gavin's Dubs bid for a famous three-in-a-row later this year and their pulling power off the pitch will now be driven by the Japanese car giant.
Subaru were officially announced as the replacement for Toyota as the official car partner to Dublin GAA earlier today and join a long list of 12 official sponsors for GAA in the capital.

Dublin's coffers have been boosted significantly by such sponsorship deals and as found on dublingaa.ie, here are the dozen official partners of Dublin GAA for the 2017 season:
O'Neills – official kit partner

Lifestyle Sports – official clothing partner
Ballygowan – official hydration partner

Energise Sport – part of the official hydration partnership
Aer Lingus – official airline partner

Linwoods – official health food provider
Skins – official performance baselayer product

The Gibson Hotel – official sleeping partner
ROS Nutrition – official supplement supplier

Benetti – menswear provider
Gourmet Food Parlour – restaurant provider

Subaru – official car partner
Dublin Senior footballers Michael Fitzsimons and Kevin McManamon as well as hurling manager Ger Cunningham and senior players Eoghan O'Donnell and Chris Crummey were all present for the announcement.

"Subaru Ireland are delighted to announce it has joined forces with Dublin GAA and signed a deal making Subaru the official car partner to Dublin GAA," a press statement read.

"Subaru will provide vehicles to the players and management of the Dublin senior football and hurling teams. Both teams will also benefit from a Subaru Forester Van to transport their kit around the country as they compete in the All-Ireland Championships and National Leagues."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering do they get much else free through their sponsors?

mup

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

magpie seanie

Subaru and Dublin GAA underlined their commitment to the amateur ethos of the GAA.

ballinaman

Both Dublin & Leitrim announced their official cars for the boys partnership today #GAA

Rossfan

Be more transparent if they just paid them an annual salary of €52k.
But if course that would be taxable ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fuzzman

Do they get other stuff from sponsors like insurance from AIG, clothes from Benetti Menswear, Sports gear from O'Neills or Lifestyle Sports, healthy food from Linwoods.

I see Aer Lingus, The Gibson Hotel, Ros nutrition and others also sponsor them. Do they all get freebies from them as well. I presume that's why they hold their banquets in the Gibson of late.

Serious question but to other counties get free stuff from their sponsors as well and I don't just mean from O'Neills?

johnneycool

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 25, 2017, 03:05:15 PM
Do they get other stuff from sponsors like insurance from AIG, clothes from Benetti Menswear, Sports gear from O'Neills or Lifestyle Sports, healthy food from Linwoods.

I see Aer Lingus, The Gibson Hotel, Ros nutrition and others also sponsor them. Do they all get freebies from them as well. I presume that's why they hold their banquets in the Gibson of late.

Serious question but to other counties get free stuff from their sponsors as well and I don't just mean from O'Neills?

Back in the day when Cork hurlers were challenging for All Irelands some of the more high profile of them would have had sponsored cars, IIRC Ben O'Connor had the use of one from some Ford dealer in Charleville.

I'd say not all got them like the Dubs though.

Jinxy

Nothing new here in fairness.
Kerry had an Official Laundry Partner back in Micko's day.

seafoid

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 25, 2017, 03:05:15 PM

Benetti crop up with other counties.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Beffs

Have Dublin not always had a sponsorship deal with a car company?

Walter Cronc

Paul Flynn used to drive Citroen. Him and Ian Madigan were always pictured doing promos.

Paul Galvin was sponsored by Audi - drives an A5 I think. Nothing new here lads. Fuzzman I'm sure a few of Tyrone's more high profile players get cars and so forth.

seafoid

What ever happened to Bendix ?
Andy McEntee should hang a picture of a Subaru car beside the flour bag whenever Meath play.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

laoislad

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 25, 2017, 05:36:06 PM
Paul Flynn used to drive Citroen. Him and Ian Madigan were always pictured doing promos.

Paul Galvin was sponsored by Audi - drives an A5 I think. Nothing new here lads. Fuzzman I'm sure a few of Tyrone's more high profile players get cars and so forth.
I used to work for a crowd and we had a fairly high profile Kilkenny hurler work with us one summer. They guy was only 19 at the time and was on basic wages but was driving a top of the range BMW sponsored by a dealership.
Fair fcuks to them I say, if someone offered me a free car I'd take it too.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Jinxy

Mickey Burke's Official Vehicle Partner is Caterpillar.