FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: oliverkelly on January 27, 2017, 02:30:08 PM
What sort of a team will Galway have Sunday? will they be missing many that should start come championship? We are playing Corofin in challenge match tomorrow evening but most lads selected to start sunday wont be involved tomorrow

I heard Galway will have 9 of 15 that started the Connacht final available for selection Sunday.

B Power, L Silke, G Sice away with Corofin, S Walsh injured and  D Comer, E Brannigan cup tied. It's expected returnees to panel Duane,Armstrong,O Curraoin will all feature Sunday.

cornetto

The Galway team to play Roscommon in the FBD final on Sunday in Kiltoom  is as follows

Rory Lavelle

Luke Burke

David Walsh

Declan Kyne

Gary O'Donnell

Gareth Bradshaw

Johnny Heaney

Fiontán Ó Curraoin

Michael Day

Thomas Flynn

Paul Conroy

Cillian McDaid

Danny Cummins

Barry McHugh

Seán Armstrong

seafoid

Galway by 3 after 55 minutes
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Manning18

Comfortable enough. Galway in second gear. Looking at the respective players to come back in, the gap looks to be wider this year again if anything

Syferus

Totally indifferent performance to end an indifferent competition.

Cunny Funt

Defence yet again letting Roscommon down you simply won't win many games by conceding 20 points. The lads on Galway bay fm said the soft goals that they scored today wouldnt be scored against a decent defence.

Would have to fear for Roscommon in division one this year. It's about time a county of Galways pick,size and tradition return to division one!

Rossfan

Defence gets worse every bloody year - and we don't seem to believe in tracking opposition half backs or mid fielders as they make uncontested runs to join in attacks.
Attack very blunt too although some good individual score Dornie Smith especially.
You'd hope some of our problems might be a result of late start to training and may be eradicated but some ominous signs of a long hard year ahead.
Collins and Cathal Cregg definitely out per McStay while two of the better players in the County haven't been invited back to the panel.
Ah well - sure we're more used to bad years than good ones.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Winning today means little or nothing! The real stuff starts now! For the Rossies getting at least 2 wins in the next couple of weeks! Galway it's all about getting promoted. Which means winning as many games as possible. Both will be difficult to achieve without emptying the tank a bit before the Championship. The hype has died for Roscommon and this is a good thing. Fans expectation has been dampened. Roscommon have the easier side of the Connacht Championship and can get there without to much fanfare. They are as good as in the last 12. The Hype has died for Galway as well and that is also no harm. Despite losing to Tipp in the AI quarter final last year Galway are in a better place than this time last year. Beating Mayo means they can do it! Replicating that is the problem. But at least they know they can and that is half the battle. Winning in Croker will be Galways ambition this year whether it's last 12 or Quarter final stage.

galwayman

I'm not sure we have the personnel to shore up our full back line limitations which were badly exposed in Croker by Tipp.
That would be my biggest concern heading into this season.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: galwayman on January 29, 2017, 08:45:46 PM
I'm not sure we have the personnel to shore up our full back line limitations which were badly exposed in Croker by Tipp.

It would be my biggest concern too, we did so well to stop Mayo & Roscommon from scoring a goal in 3 matches it was such a disappointment to concede 3 goals against Tipp especially considering they were such poor goals to concede from a Galway point of view.

How has Lavelle performed in goals, are his kickouts good enough?

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 30, 2017, 11:18:59 AM

It would be my biggest concern too, we did so well to stop Mayo & Roscommon from scoring a goal in 3 matches it was such a disappointment to concede 3 goals against Tipp especially considering they were such poor goals to concede from a Galway point of view.

I wouldn't put the entire blame on the FB line for the Tipp result to be fair as we were struggling in most lines of the pitch that day - Tipp half backs were allowed saunter up the pitch unchallenged that day and it would be very hard for any FB line to deal with the supply of quality ball that the Tipp forwards were getting.  However, we are light in personnel in the FB line in general so it will be interesting to see how it performs through the league. 

Priority has to be getting out of D2 this year - sick and tired being down there and its crucial to the further development of this current panel, which has some potential I think.  Beating Cork in the stadium next week would be a very positive start as they would be perceived as one of the "big" guns in D2 this year. 

Maroon Manc

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 30, 2017, 11:46:19 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 30, 2017, 11:18:59 AM

I wouldn't put the entire blame on the FB line for the Tipp result to be fair as we were struggling in most lines of the pitch that day - Tipp half backs were allowed saunter up the pitch unchallenged that day and it would be very hard for any FB line to deal with the supply of quality ball that the Tipp forwards were getting.  However, we are light in personnel in the FB line in general so it will be interesting to see how it performs through the league. 

Priority has to be getting out of D2 this year - sick and tired being down there and its crucial to the further development of this current panel, which has some potential I think.  Beating Cork in the stadium next week would be a very positive start as they would be perceived as one of the "big" guns in D2 this year.

In fairness you're right the Tipp game was one of those days where nobody showed up apart from 1 or 2 players. There's only a few minutes highlights online to watch from that game and I can't really remember all that went on but I did think the Galway full back line and Keeper really struggled under the high ball during the match.

Blowitupref

No college teams in FBD next year i hear. Going back to the old format of one group of five teams.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

manfromdelmonte

amazing how many of the Galway frailties were highlighted in this thread

Rossfan

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 18, 2017, 04:20:49 PM
No college teams in FBD next year i hear. Going back to the old format of one group of five teams.
Good.
Is it just us in Connacht or us it all the Provinces?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM