Tyrone v Cork in Croke Park Sat 20th July 5pm

Started by Fuzzman, July 15, 2019, 03:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 20, 2019, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: Angelo on July 20, 2019, 08:28:50 PM
Shambolic first half but got the job done in the end.

Mattie really came to the fore in the second half and showed real leadership. Harte and Meyler also had a big second half.

Thought Richie Donnelly was very sloppy when he came on.

The only real encouraging aspect for me today was how we were able to change our style during the game and get the result.

Encouraging?? Christ almighty why did it take so long to make the changes. I'm dismayed that after 10,20,30 &38 minutes that were played in the first half that Tyrone's tactics were unchanged.

I personally think Harte didn't want to show that hand just yet and wanted every team to think we'd abandoned the more attacking approach. Things are encouraging because compared to last year we can switch things up a little. That makes us more difficult to plan for. Cork thought they had us sussed and couldn't adjust to our changes. Whether that's enough to compete with the Dubs is another thing.
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: lenny on July 20, 2019, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 20, 2019, 07:31:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2019, 07:13:42 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 20, 2019, 07:06:41 PM
Darren Mc curry's dive in the first half. How embarrassing was that? Not quite McCann level but close enough.

;D Poor Lenny.
T'is like winning all over again reading his post match posts.

It's all over Twitter anyway but of course tyronians will stick up for him.

"All over Twitter"

I found FOUR tweets  :o ::)

reddgnhand

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2019, 08:52:26 PM

Mattie really came to the fore in the second half and showed real leadership. Harte and Meyler also had a big second half.

The only real encouraging aspect for me today was how we were able to change our style during the game and get the result.

Encouraging?? Christ almighty why did it take so long to make the changes. I'm dismayed that after 10,20,30 &38 minutes that were played in the first half that Tyrone's tactics were unchanged.

I personally think Harte didn't want to show that hand just yet and wanted every team to think we'd abandoned the more attacking approach. Things are encouraging because compared to last year we can switch things up a little. That makes us more difficult to plan for. Cork thought they had us sussed and couldn't adjust to our changes. Whether that's enough to compete with the Dubs is another thing.

Come on I think you give him more credit than he's worth. Do you not think Cork knew how Tyrone had been playing during the league with Matty & Cathal up front until Mickey got spooked after the Donegal game. Personally I think he's a lucky manager and is very poor tactically.

reddgnhand

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 20, 2019, 09:04:34 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 20, 2019, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: trueblue1234 on July 20, 2019, 07:31:19 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2019, 07:13:42 PM
Quote from: lenny on July 20, 2019, 07:06:41 PM
Darren Mc curry's dive in the first half. How embarrassing was that? Not quite McCann level but close enough.

;D Poor Lenny.
T'is like winning all over again reading his post match posts.

It's all over Twitter anyway but of course tyronians will stick up for him.

"All over Twitter"

I found FOUR tweets  :o ::)

Did you actually go looking? Dont listen to clowns like Lenny he's from a county that when I think of them I think "losers". Just laugh at him. The highlight of his life is watching Tyrone.

mrdeeds

BennyHarp

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 20, 2019, 09:06:26 PM

Come on I think you give him more credit than he's worth. Do you not think Cork knew how Tyrone had been playing during the league with Matty & Cathal up front until Mickey got spooked after the Donegal game. Personally I think he's a lucky manager and is very poor tactically.

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Tyrone defensive tactics are good enough to beat nearly everyone bar the top few. Mickeys knows this better than anyone and has been trying to adapt the style. It was still early days v Donegal and he went back to what he knew would get us through the qualifiers. I don't think for one minute he abandoned the game plan they'd been working on throughout the league and I'm sure Tyrone have continued to work on this with the plan always being to utilise it again later in the championship. That's my take on it anyway. Some people in the county will never give Mickey credit and that's fair enough but I tend to disagree.

reddgnhand

reddgnhand

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2019, 09:25:04 PM

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Tyrone defensive tactics are good enough to beat nearly everyone bar the top few. Mickeys knows this better than anyone and has been trying to adapt the style. It was still early days v Donegal and he went back to what he knew would get us through the qualifiers. I don't think for one minute he abandoned the game plan they'd been working on throughout the league and I'm sure Tyrone have continued to work on this with the plan always being to utilise it again later in the championship. That's my take on it anyway. Some people in the county will never give Mickey credit and that's fair enough but I tend to disagree.

Adapt the defensive style? No he hasn't its the same shite different day. Tell me this how many times is C Cavanagh going to give away frees in the scoring area with his reckless tackling? Why hasn't it been cut out? Itsvthe same defensive system that has failed time and time again against the big teams. It failed again today in the first half against a team that will be playing in div 3 next year.

BennyHarp

Quote from: reddgnhand on July 20, 2019, 09:49:10 PM

Adapt the defensive style? No he hasn't its the same shite different day. Tell me this how many times is C Cavanagh going to give away frees in the scoring area with his reckless tackling? Why hasn't it been cut out? Itsvthe same defensive system that has failed time and time again against the big teams. It failed again today in the first half against a team that will be playing in div 3 next year.
[/quote

So Tyrone didn't adapt their tactics in the second half? Like I say, we'll agree to disagree but teams don't get consistently to AI semi finals by luck.

Rudi

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 20, 2019, 06:35:24 PM
Quote from: Rudi on July 20, 2019, 05:33:09 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 19, 2019, 12:37:52 PM
If there's one team built to bottle up Cork's attack, and that's all they have, it's Tyrone.

This could be embarrassing for Cork.

Instead its embarrassing for you.
Back to embarrassing for you

No its not, Dinny called this game badly wrong. Mattie Donnelly had a fine second half. Tyrone did not play like Tyrone. Still think it's a repeat of last years final.

RedHand88

Love the bitterness that comes out of the anti-Tyronies every July. It's when they begin to panic that Tyrone might go all the way.

red hander

Great shoulder tackle from Burns early on in second half was my highlight of game, on from performance by Matty and Petey in second half. Still thought we would win at half-time, despite gap. That lad Hurley is a serious footballer. Keep yapping Lenny, we Tyrone people feed on your tears, ye glipe.

reddgnhand

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 20, 2019, 09:58:33 PM
Quote from: reddgnhand on July 20, 2019, 09:49:10 PM

[/quote

So Tyrone didn't adapt their tactics in the second half? Like I say, we'll agree to disagree but teams don't get consistently to AI semi finals by luck.

They did. Which begs the question why play that system in the first half?

Throw ball

Did I read Peter Donnelly is quitting Tyrone at end of season to take a post with Ulster Rugby ? Big miss for Tyrone if true.

reddgnhand

Quote from: Throw ball on July 20, 2019, 10:27:11 PM
Did I read Peter Donnelly is quitting Tyrone at end of season to take a post with Ulster Rugby ? Big miss for Tyrone if true.

Yes wonder why?