Laois Divisional Championship

Started by Don Draper, September 17, 2018, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leixlad

If Portlaoise win senior championship will players from Portlaoise intermediates be involved? 

merman

I would hope not.
If those players aren't at least in contention and pushing for places for Portlaoise's Leinster Campaign (again, assuming they win) then they have no business being involved.

We've seen it on the hurling side over the last couple of years; players who haven't absolutely nailed down starting berths for their own club team getting parachuted into the county senior set-up. It's not good for the individuals and sends out a very bad message to the rest of the county and any fringe panelists.

SCFC

Quote from: Junior Ex Laoistalk on September 19, 2018, 03:53:51 PM
A few interesting teams here: 
https://www.leinsterexpress.ie/news/gaelic-games/336548/how-could-the-divisional-teams-line-out-for-the-new-laois-gaa-trial-football-system.html

Hmm. Conor Gorman is probably finished at the top level now. Doubt if he's one to look at.
John Scully seems to have no interest in any thing beyond club football. Evan Costello is one I'd like to see getting a decent try out at that level.

Jd

Sean O Flynn the half back with Courtwood is possibly the best young intermediate player I have seen this year and is not even mentioned as a sub.

Don Draper

Quote from: Jd on September 26, 2018, 11:59:48 AM
Sean O Flynn the half back with Courtwood is possibly the best young intermediate player I have seen this year and is not even mentioned as a sub.
Sean, don't be worrying yourself, concentrate on Saturday and the rest will follow.

Jd

Sean's in school ....... This is his da 😀

Laoiseabu

Fair point JD and I notice some of the lads that WERE mentioned are not even playing well for their own clubs

The PRO

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 26, 2018, 05:36:53 PM
Fair point JD and I notice some of the lads that WERE mentioned are not even playing well for their own clubs

Agreed. Not fair to name names but some of the lads seem to just have been named cause they were ex county minors or under 21's and aren't really playing well at all.

I think Mullen from Mountmellick is an excellent player who could make the step up if he got the fitness work done in a proper county team pre season.

Laoiseabu

I wouldn't be too worried about what the Leinster express writes anyway . It's only a critic with a pen and paper that probably never put on a pair of football boots in his life . I think Mullins has potential yes, and despite people giving out about Gaels teams I feel that the few lads from Castletown are really playing well for Mountmellick and have improved the side well. Easily as good as most of the senior teams I'd say .

Don Draper

Quote from: Laoiseabu on September 26, 2018, 06:46:58 PM
I wouldn't be too worried about what the Leinster express writes anyway . It's only a critic with a pen and paper that probably never put on a pair of football boots in his life . I think Mullins has potential yes, and despite people giving out about Gaels teams I feel that the few lads from Castletown are really playing well for Mountmellick and have improved the side well. Easily as good as most of the senior teams I'd say .
You know f**k all about the Leinster Express and specifically Rory if that's what you think. Gobshite

Laoiseabu

Don Draper

Jd

Sure it doesn't matter who wrote it it's an opinion piece much the same as some of the stuff we write here. Maybe I never pulled on a pair of boots but doesn't stop me offering opinions. Yet man may have missed one or two players but it's not a shooting offence. And Mullins has really come into form over the last few matches I'd agree. He's deadly accurate.

Don Draper

Quote from: Jd on September 27, 2018, 09:06:34 AM
Sure it doesn't matter who wrote it it's an opinion piece much the same as some of the stuff we write here. Maybe I never pulled on a pair of boots but doesn't stop me offering opinions. Yet man may have missed one or two players but it's not a shooting offence. And Mullins has really come into form over the last few matches I'd agree. He's deadly accurate.
The point of the matter is Rory was a fine footballer until he made clean shit of his knee. Cockmumbles above obviously isn't aware of that and showed up his own ignorance in doing so.