Ulster Minor Football Club Championship 2013 (at Saint Pauls)

Started by drici, August 29, 2013, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beo

Dates not connected to early matches yet.

Saturday 7th December 1-30pm
Sunday 8th December 1-30pm
Saturday 14th December 1-30pm
Sunday 15th December 1-30pm
Saturday 21st December 1-30pm

Semi Finals:
Sunday 22nd December 1-30pm
Glen/Bun Cranncha v Ardboe/Rostrevor

Thursday 26th December 1-30pm
Derrygonnelly/Ramor/Silverbridge v St Johns/Carrickmacross

Final:
Wednesday 1st January 1-30pm

All games at  St Pauls.
Is Canamhaint mé.

Down Follower

Quote from: Beo on October 28, 2013, 07:55:10 PM
Dates not connected to early matches yet.

Saturday 7th December 1-30pm
Sunday 8th December 1-30pm
Saturday 14th December 1-30pm
Sunday 15th December 1-30pm
Saturday 21st December 1-30pm

Semi Finals:
Sunday 22nd December 1-30pm

Thursday 26th December 1-30pm

Final:
Wednesday 1st January 1-30pm

All games at  St Pauls.

Well there you go.  The three teams that had been mentioned all in the same side of the draw. Glen favourites to make it through. Does anyone know the qualities of the Derrygonnelly side of the draw. Who would be favoured to come through from it?

Club Rossa

Apart from Ardboe and Glen,I would know very little about  the others.St Johns are back again this year,I saw them against Glen last year,perhaps they would be fancied to get through from the other side of the draw.

Any craic

Here's a video from the launch last night with the Lord Mayor...  http://www.jeromequinnmedia.com/video/St-Pauls-201314/St-Pauls/Belfast-Mayor-Praises-GAA-at-Minor-Launch-1246 He tips Cavan to win it but only because they turned up first!

Club Rossa

Dec. 7-Ramor United v Derrygonnelly
Dec 8-Glen v Buncrana
Dec 14-Ardboe v Rostrevor
Dec15-St. Johns v Carrickmacross
Dec 21-Silverbridge v Ramor United/Derrygonnelly

drici

Preliminary Round:
Saturday 7th December
Derrygonnelly Harps(Fermanagh) v Ramor United(Cavan)
1-30pm

Quarter Finals:
Sunday 8th December
Glen Watty Grahams(Derry) v Bun Cranncha(Donegal)
1-30pm

Saturday 14th December
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa(Tyrone) v Rostrevor St Bronaghs(Down)
1-30pm

Sunday 15th December
St Johns(Antrim) v Carrickmacross Emmets(Monaghan)
1-30pm

Saturday 21st December
Silverbridge Harps(Armagh) v Derrygonnelly Harps/Ramor United
1-30pm

Semi Finals:
Sunday 22nd December
1-30pm

Thursday 26th December
1-30pm

Final:
Wednesday 1st January
1-30pm

Fr. Cyril McDuff

As the final of this is fixed for the 1st Jan, will this be the first game played under the new black card rules?

jftj

Jesus,if glen have 10 of that fine side from last year available then everyone else are playing for 2nd place.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Fr. Cyril McDuff on November 06, 2013, 08:27:33 AM
As the final of this is fixed for the 1st Jan, will this be the first game played under the new black card rules?

Very interesting point there.... Anyone shed any light on it?

On a further note, well done to our U16s who yesterday reached the Ulster final beating Enniskillen Gaels 5-13 to 1-9.

Walter Cronc

Paul Mc Girr (Ulster U16) Final this Sunday - Glen v Crossmaglen.

Should be an interesting tussle. Hopefully our lads can give a good account of themselves against a strong Cross side!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on November 10, 2013, 08:37:20 AM

On a further note, well done to our U16s who yesterday reached the Ulster final beating Enniskillen Gaels 5-13 to 1-9.
I imagine the same rules will apply from the first game of the competition to the last.

1st of Jan the new rules will be applied, this game will be the first game so a lot of attention will be on it, be rest assured that the referee that day will enforce them as this is a recognised GAA competition
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2013, 03:00:43 PM

I imagine the same rules will apply from the first game of the competition to the last.

1st of Jan the new rules will be applied, this game will be the first game so a lot of attention will be on it, be rest assured that the referee that day will enforce them as this is a recognised GAA competition

Lets hope Connolly from Monaghan isnt officiating that day!!  ::)

nrico2006

Does the rules from the calendar year the competition is for not apply to the whole competition?  If the black card rule is applied then you could have an argument that the majority of both teams is probably over-age for minor as you are into 2014 when the final is played.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 03:11:41 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 26, 2013, 03:00:43 PM

I didn't think that was the case.

If there is an official referee apportioned then it's a proper competition and not an invitational one, this was the case when it first started I believe but it's purely the winners of the counties of Ulster. The seven's in Kilmacud, St Judes and the one in Meath are all recognised. If you get red carded in these games it carries through

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 26, 2013, 03:15:32 PM
Does the rules from the calendar year the competition is for not apply to the whole competition?  If the black card rule is applied then you could have an argument that the majority of both teams is probably over-age for minor as you are into 2014 when the final is played.

You can argue all you like, come the first its new rules, as it was for gum shields and helmets when they came in. Schools competitions are played through the year, before xmas and after the rules will also apply to them and the colleges
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on November 26, 2013, 03:22:33 PM
Schools competitions are usually u18 & 1/2 etc to get around this, milltown. I think you are wrong here.

Which bit am I wrong in? that the referee won't be applying the rules or it's a recognise competition? I said that the schools competitions had to change when gum shields and helmets begcame compulsory and this was at the start of a new year