Dougal Maguire

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 07, 2024, 07:15:11 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 07, 2024, 01:06:04 PM
Quote from: tiempo on March 07, 2024, 12:02:48 PMDUP

We're reasonable ...
We're reasonable ...
We're reasonable ...
We're reasonable ...

Is it not reasonable to block Casement or if it has to go ahead there needs to be major £££ spaffed in PUL areas for reparations

Thats how i see it
You've got it in one. No such thing as distributing funding on the basis of need rather themmuns got it so we must get it too

Indeed

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 25, 2024, 02:22:33 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 24, 2024, 09:52:28 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on February 23, 2024, 09:45:10 PMAlright then non lunatic. What's your grand plan? Corrigan Park forever?

Already said it many, many times on the thread. But for your benefit.

- Replace the old main stand with a new one, covered seating. All the facilities they could ever want could be placed underneath this as the new structure could be far more significantly hollowed out relative to old, and the back of it could be extended over the road to add further floor space. No big difference to light on houses to the West of Casement as the existing stand already blocks it.
- Stick a roof over the (renewed) terrace on the far side of the pitch. The back end of this structure can hold the badly needed amenities. It'd be relatively low profile though.
- Renew the terraces at both ends of the pitch. Don't cover them. If there is sufficient demand - as determined by polls, one of the ends could be uncovered seats.

Capacity of 30-40k for the one or two times a year it may be needed - which would be during the summer. Comfortably sufficient covered capacity for during the autumn/winter/spring. 3 or 4 significantly different price tiers.

Basically the stadium that the GAA needs at a cost that will benefit all in the long-run.

Instead we're getting an expensive to build, expensive to maintain milestone, which will come with astronomical ticket prices.

But hey - the Ulster Council might be able to hold a few concerts. That's what this is about right? Otherwise it makes no sense to build what they are trying to build.
Great idea. Windsor all covered all seated, Ravenhill something similar. Casement as suggested above. Croppy lie down

Windsor and Ravenhill all seated and covered as that's what the need is now to meet supporter's requirements. Casements supporters have the same requirements
Careful now

NAG1

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 07, 2024, 11:30:16 PM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 07, 2024, 07:15:11 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on March 07, 2024, 01:06:04 PM
Quote from: tiempo on March 07, 2024, 12:02:48 PMDUP

We're reasonable ...
We're reasonable ...
We're reasonable ...
We're reasonable ...

Is it not reasonable to block Casement or if it has to go ahead there needs to be major £££ spaffed in PUL areas for reparations

Thats how i see it
You've got it in one. No such thing as distributing funding on the basis of need rather themmuns got it so we must get it too

Indeed

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on February 25, 2024, 02:22:33 AM
Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on February 24, 2024, 09:52:28 PM
Quote from: Dreadnought on February 23, 2024, 09:45:10 PMAlright then non lunatic. What's your grand plan? Corrigan Park forever?

Already said it many, many times on the thread. But for your benefit.

- Replace the old main stand with a new one, covered seating. All the facilities they could ever want could be placed underneath this as the new structure could be far more significantly hollowed out relative to old, and the back of it could be extended over the road to add further floor space. No big difference to light on houses to the West of Casement as the existing stand already blocks it.
- Stick a roof over the (renewed) terrace on the far side of the pitch. The back end of this structure can hold the badly needed amenities. It'd be relatively low profile though.
- Renew the terraces at both ends of the pitch. Don't cover them. If there is sufficient demand - as determined by polls, one of the ends could be uncovered seats.

Capacity of 30-40k for the one or two times a year it may be needed - which would be during the summer. Comfortably sufficient covered capacity for during the autumn/winter/spring. 3 or 4 significantly different price tiers.

Basically the stadium that the GAA needs at a cost that will benefit all in the long-run.

Instead we're getting an expensive to build, expensive to maintain milestone, which will come with astronomical ticket prices.

But hey - the Ulster Council might be able to hold a few concerts. That's what this is about right? Otherwise it makes no sense to build what they are trying to build.
Great idea. Windsor all covered all seated, Ravenhill something similar. Casement as suggested above. Croppy lie down

Windsor and Ravenhill all seated and covered as that's what the need is now to meet supporter's requirements. Casements supporters have the same requirements

I see Glentoran boss out in big support of getting Casement built so it could host the 'Big 2' matches  ;D

Orior

That reminds me of the old joke about 2050 cup final result:
Linfield 2-11 Glentoran 3-6
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

theskull1

My spidey senses tell me there's pockets getting lined to incentivize these recent pr initiatives. Just so out of character for the likes of Poots for it to feel real real
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

trailer

Paul Givan IRA
Emma Little Pengelly IRA
Edwin Poots IRA

Hats off to the DUP. They are playing a blinder. No missteps at all.

brokencrossbar1

Deal is done,  wait and see the investment in the Shankhill over the next 12 months in an education hub linked to Ulster University. People are meeting with loyalist groups to get them on board. This is all about hearts and minds,  making unionist 'Irish' the norm so that the younger generation don't see any difference when the border is gone.

Rossfan

Quote from: trailer on March 08, 2024, 10:41:02 AMPaul Givan IRA
Emma Little Pengelly IRA
Edwin Poots IRA

Hats off to the DUP. They are playing a blinder. No missteps at all.
Preparing the path to an All Ireland outcome.....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

johnnycool

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 08, 2024, 11:51:57 AMDeal is done,  wait and see the investment in the Shankhill over the next 12 months in an education hub linked to Ulster University. People are meeting with loyalist groups to get them on board. This is all about hearts and minds,  making unionist 'Irish' the norm so that the younger generation don't see any difference when the border is gone.

If that was the case that kids from those deprived backgrounds were getting a help out and a sight of a different future from building bonfires and looking up to drug dealers driving X5's then I'd have no qualms about that.

Getting loyalist groups onboard normally means greasing a few palms

johnnycool

Quote from: theskull1 on March 08, 2024, 10:07:42 AMMy spidey senses tell me there's pockets getting lined to incentivize these recent pr initiatives. Just so out of character for the likes of Poots for it to feel real real

I'm getting quite uncomfortable about it, it's so out of character of the DUP I'm wondering if they've been hit by a collective bolt of lightning of the road to Damascus Ballymoney!

NAG1

Quote from: johnnycool on March 08, 2024, 01:38:54 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on March 08, 2024, 11:51:57 AMDeal is done,  wait and see the investment in the Shankhill over the next 12 months in an education hub linked to Ulster University. People are meeting with loyalist groups to get them on board. This is all about hearts and minds,  making unionist 'Irish' the norm so that the younger generation don't see any difference when the border is gone.

If that was the case that kids from those deprived backgrounds were getting a help out and a sight of a different future from building bonfires and looking up to drug dealers driving X5's then I'd have no qualms about that.

Getting loyalist groups onboard normally means greasing a few palms

Make no mistake about it JC, it still means exactly the same. There are very few 'structures' within the loyalist communities to invest in. This money will be filtered through these communities and end up in the same hands as all the other monies have.

All we are doing is making consultants and gate keepers richer than they already are.

AustinPowers

Quote from: johnnycool on March 08, 2024, 02:18:19 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on March 08, 2024, 10:07:42 AMMy spidey senses tell me there's pockets getting lined to incentivize these recent pr initiatives. Just so out of character for the likes of Poots for it to feel real real

I'm getting quite uncomfortable about it, it's so out of character of the DUP I'm wondering if they've been hit by a collective bolt of lightning of the road to Damascus Ballymoney!

This is a  leap year isn't it? Ah well , that explains everything ......

LC

Red white and blue or green, white and gold our local politicians soon throw their principles out the window when it comes to the £££.

imtommygunn

It's ok - Paul Girvan has things back to normal and is mingling with binlid and saying he will oppose the sea border.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 09, 2024, 08:30:56 AMIt's ok - Paul Girvan has things back to normal and is mingling with binlid and saying he will oppose the sea border.
Was getting worried there for a while!