Figuring out who is catholic on the NI soccer panel

Started by seafoid, May 26, 2016, 11:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2016, 10:11:52 PM
It only exists as as an area of one country under the rule of another country.
You can't get " Northern Ireland" passports and I've never heard of a "Northern Ireland" Embassy anywhere.

So Scotland isn't a country either.

Milltown Row2

You can't get " Northern Ireland" passports and I've never heard of a "Northern Ireland" Embassy anywhere.

And has done so since you got rid of us and left us...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: T Fearon on May 27, 2016, 10:03:00 PM
Fact is N Ireland does exist,further fact is that the people of the 26 counties voted for its continued existence and their Government has no plans to end its existence.

Down exists and it is only a crowd of fellows up the road on a sporting team, but I don't support them either.
Northern Ireland may exist, like the Kinahan gang, but sports other than soccer manage not to organise themselves on sectarian grounds and I'd rather support them.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Quote from: dec on May 27, 2016, 10:17:22 PM

Who's the Scottish Ambassador to Ireland?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on May 27, 2016, 10:38:58 PM

It's usually the Celtic manager
Scotland was an independent country when it joined the Union. If it left the Union it would be an independent country.
Northern Ireland did not join the  union as an independent country. It threw its toys out of the pram prior to 1920.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2016, 10:42:51 PM

Scotland was an independent country when it joined the Union. If it left the Union it would be an independent country.
Northern Ireland did not join the  union as an independent country. It threw its toys out of the pram prior to 1920.

Did Collins not sign us out of the country??
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2016, 10:52:35 PM

He signed an agreement that NI could leave the country, it was its bigoted inhabitants who actually did it.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: armaghniac on May 27, 2016, 10:58:34 PM

He signed an agreement that NI could leave the country, it was its bigoted inhabitants who actually did it.

Get a grip, take your head out of the romantic view please... Sold down the river, when all they had to do was hold out that bit longer.... Well that's my belief on it.... Do you feel that the South had no choice and ultimately they wanted to keep us in the then, free state??

seafoid

Carson screamed blue murder and Craig got the guns in.
NI has always been a negative thing. No Home rule, no surrender, no Taigs running the show. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2016, 11:12:41 PM

Carson screamed blue murder and Craig got the guns in.
NI has always been a negative thing. No Home rule, no surrender, no Taigs running the show.

It wasn't NI then but sure you usually rewrite history to suit yourself....

Tony Baloney

Possibly one of the most depressing threads on this board. EVER!

seafoid

The prods were right about Rome rule down south. I don't see how the Treaty could have covered Antrim and Down.
And it is hard to see anything other than a 32 county Ireland long term.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on May 27, 2016, 11:28:54 PM
The prods were right about Rome rule down south. I don't see how the Treaty could have covered Antrim and Down.

Ok, its very simple even you can understand this, the South of Ireland and Donegal was offered a chance to break away from the northern prods, never worry about the taigs that lived there.. Took it and ran away.... That's how I view it.. The South ran away

Rossfan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2016, 11:33:56 PM

Ok, its very simple even you can understand this, the South of Ireland and Donegal was offered a chance to break away from the northern prods, never worry about the taigs that lived there.. Took it and ran away.... That's how I view it.. The South ran away

Time you opened your eyes and read some history.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 27, 2016, 11:33:56 PM

Michael Collins foresaw that the Taigs would embrace the new NI entity and support it in sporting competitions.