Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Toner started instead of Brown, who did not feature!  Derry 1-6/0-8 up at halftime, against the breeze, Lynn with the goal. Kielt (1-2), McGoldrick and McAtamney all came on at halftime, Lynch (0-2) later and all were needed to secure the win against 14 men for most of second half, Rory Brennan got a straight red. Ruairí Mooney was impressive on the night, very strong and athletic with good vision. Coney worked hard throughout and does a lot of unseen, unselfish work. Defensive weakness shown up in second half with three goals, one from Tallon, and there could have been 3 more! No new scoring threats up front and midfield is still a big concern. Overall deserved the win and looked very mobile at times but against a county team at least 6 of the starting 15 tonight will be out of their depth. Final score: Derry 2-14 UUJ 3-10.

theticklemister

I don't think I'll be back at another Derry game this year after that tonight......

As I'm going back to the mainland and when I return in July, usually we are out of the Championship.

Anyways, good to see the city helping the county out for hosting an oul Gaelic football game from time to time.

Congratulations to the best debutant on show tonight, Eoghan McGuigan, who has taken on the role of  the new stadium announcer. Maith thu.

imtommygunn

JoG2

Quote from: theticklemister on January 04, 2018, 12:52:56 AM
I don't think I'll be back at another Derry game this year after that tonight......

As I'm going back to the mainland and when I return in July, usually we are out of the Championship.

Anyways, good to see the city helping the county out for hosting an oul Gaelic football game from time to time.

Congratulations to the best debutant on show tonight, Eoghan McGuigan, who has taken on the role of  the new stadium announcer. Maith thu.

Were you watching a live stream of the match over on Inch Island Tickle?  :D

honthecounty

Quote from: JoG2 on January 03, 2018, 10:16:33 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 03, 2018, 06:07:13 PM
Playing a cub of 17yrs of age to be half kilt; when u can pick ready to go county men! That lad way too young especially saying u didnt think he was good enough to start minor 4 months bck; go figure!!

Sure ye canny play senior County at 17!

Twas the old guard coming on in the 2nd half that pulled the game out of the fire. UUJ had enough chances to win it fairness, with a more experienced line up than the starting Derry lineup, it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise.
Young Mooney MotM, he played well and has some long range pass on him. McEvoy and Jack Doherty had fine games with Enda being the standout.
Plenty of much needed experience for the young guns who featured.
Surely the likes of G McKindless and Heavron will be added to to the panel?

Fair play for Callum getting named to play and obviously Damien thinks hes good enough and he has the potential to be a big player in the next decade - but how did Derry not pick up on him being ineligible to play as hes to young before naming the team?

oakleaflad

Quote from: honthecounty on January 04, 2018, 11:06:38 AM
Playing a cub of 17yrs of age to be half kilt; when u can pick ready to go county men! That lad way too young especially saying u didnt think he was good enough to start minor 4 months bck; go figure!!

Twas the old guard coming on in the 2nd half that pulled the game out of the fire. UUJ had enough chances to win it fairness, with a more experienced line up than the starting Derry lineup, it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise.
Young Mooney MotM, he played well and has some long range pass on him. McEvoy and Jack Doherty had fine games with Enda being the standout.

Fair play for Callum getting named to play and obviously Damien thinks hes good enough and he has the potential to be a big player in the next decade - but how did Derry not pick up on him being ineligible to play as hes to young before naming the team?
I don't get this. If he's too young should he not be on the u17 panel?

toby47

Quote from: oakleaflad on January 04, 2018, 11:51:11 AM
Quote from: honthecounty on January 04, 2018, 11:06:38 AM

I don't get this. If he's too young should he not be on the u17 panel?

Too old to play u17

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Another shambolic rule from the GAA

Estimator

Derry (v Armagh): Oran Hartin; Conor McCluskey, Liam McGoldrick, Ruairi Mooney; Padraig McGrogan, Michael McEvoy, Jordan Curran; Kevin Johnston, Conor McAtamney; Jack Doherty, Ciaran McFaul, Patrick Coney; Enda Lynn, Niall Toner, Peter Hagan. Subs: Ben McKinless, Conor Doherty, Fergal Higgins, Patrick Kearney, James Kielt, Mark Lynch, Seán McKeever, Gearoid McLaughlin.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Waataboutyee

Who do I send my mileage expenses to  >:(
After going to Celtic Park on Wednesday night, I was hoping to see how the young bucks faired out against more physical opposition in Armagh.

ON THE HILL

Any idea off start date for new league season?

Uncle Phil

Heard last night that the SF league starts early April, running until May, with all of June and the July fortnight free. Championship starting on the second week of September. No idea if true or not, but cannot see the sense in stretching the season out like that! All depends on the county team I suppose, but I can't see them having a long run this summer (I hope I'm wrong). Why keep lads waiting until September until SFC?

ON THE HILL

6 weeks with no league games? am i reading that right?

toby47

Have heard very little on the running of the club football for this year apart from every league in Ulster is supposed to be starting on April fools day 1st April.