Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I am trying to think of a permutation where we wouldn't be. If Kerry Carlow draw and Meath beat Antrim then we would have dropped three to both of their two. I *think* that's a possibility so mathematically I don't think it is yet guaranteed.

I think Carlow will beat Kerry and would hope we beat Meath.

imtommygunn

Actually that's wrong... We can drop maximum three. If Kerry win and we lose Kerry have dropped two then Carlow three so I guess score difference there in that permutation.

Jonkunlon

Will be good to get a crack at Clare or Tipp to see how far we've come.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 15, 2020, 08:51:02 PM

it would but I suspect at least 15 point gap, serious progress being made though

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on November 15, 2020, 08:54:17 PM

it would but I suspect at least 15 point gap, serious progress being made though

I'd be happy with facing Laois and getting close to them, then progress from that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Carlow might have a thing or two to say just yet.

Jonkunlon

Two teams go through to AI. Think it will be Antrim and Carlow/Kerry.

Jonkunlon

Agreed - probably closer to Clare than we'd get to Tipp. None of them will want to travel to Belfast.

Milltown Row2

I'm happy for a year in Div 1b
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jonkunlon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 09:20:02 PM
I'm happy for a year in Div 1b

1b will certainly do us more good than a one off game. Still, would be lovely to give it our all v Clare at Corrigan.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Jonkunlon on November 15, 2020, 09:11:51 PM

Ah I didn't realise that. Thanks. I expect Carlow. The McDonagh final is before the Liam McCarthy on all Ireland day this year. It would, well should now, be fantastic to see us playing in croke on ai day again.

Play Clare at corrigan and take tony Kelly out early lol.

[edit] I had a look. McDonagh teams don't get into the Liam McCarthy this year. According to this anyway...

http://www.tippsupportersclub.com/december-all-ireland-final-dates-confirmed-as-gaa-unveil-2020-championship-plan/

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 15, 2020, 09:49:30 PM

Ah I didn't realise that. Thanks. I expect Carlow. The McDonagh final is before the Liam McCarthy on all Ireland day this year. It would, well should now, be fantastic to see us playing in croke on ai day again.

Getting tickets would be nice!

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 15, 2020, 09:05:03 PM

I'd be happy with facing Laois and getting close to them, then progress from that

de réir a chéile a thogtar an chaisleáin. Id agree with you there

Jonkunlon

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 15, 2020, 09:49:30 PM

[edit] I had a look. McDonagh teams don't get into the Liam McCarthy this year. According to this anyway...

http://www.tippsupportersclub.com/december-all-ireland-final-dates-confirmed-as-gaa-unveil-2020-championship-plan/

Unless they've changed the original plan due to COVID19

Joe McDonagh Cup proper

Initially each of the five teams play the other four teams in a round of single round-robin matches. The top two teams qualify for the Joe McDonagh Cup final, held at Croke Park.

All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

The top two teams after the round robin games, in addition to qualification for the Cup final, also enter the All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship proper. There they play the third-placed teams in the Leinster and Munster championships in the two All-Ireland preliminary quarter finals with the Joe McDonagh Cup teams having home advantage.

imtommygunn

I think they did. The McDonagh final is on ai day so it won't be over before the all Ireland.  It's usually over a good bit before it.