The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Sportacus on May 26, 2019, 04:54:01 PM
The All Ireland Hurling tickets competition is open to RoI entrants only.  Seriously.

Sure us uncouth nordies dont follow the game of the gods. Only interested in that aul bogball.

mrdeeds

You'd imagine football be first with two crackers.

sambostar

I listened in car too while travelling. No issue that she was female, she just didn't have a clue & struggled to string a coherent sentence together. As in all walks of life we should have gender balance but only when the person concerned can do the job

J70

Quote from: sambostar on May 26, 2019, 07:06:05 PM
I listened in car too while travelling. No issue that she was female, she just didn't have a clue & struggled to string a coherent sentence together. As in all walks of life we should have gender balance but only when the person concerned can do the job

Well given that people are forever complaining about the standard of commentary and analysis from the men involved, I think the poster could have left the PC "argument" out of it.

manfromdelmonte

She was almost as good as Martin Carney.

Aaron Boone

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 26, 2019, 06:42:17 PM
You'd imagine football be first with two crackers.

Be interesting to see what opens the show. RTE could make their hurling bias more overt & official and thus show the Salthill match first

Main Street

Quote from: J70 on May 26, 2019, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: sambostar on May 26, 2019, 07:06:05 PM

Well given that people are forever complaining about the standard of commentary and analysis from the men involved, I think the poster could have left the PC "argument" out of it.
There was definite gender bias in the poster's complaint and J70 did well to highlight it.

Kidder81

It's ridiculous the number of female "pundits" we have now all in the name of being PC, most of them totally out of their depth.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 26, 2019, 09:24:55 PM
It's ridiculous the number of female "pundits" we have now all in the name of being PC, most of them totally out of their depth.

Most of the RTE male ones are too apart from Whelan.

mrdeeds

recyclebin

2 mins of highlights for Laois Westmeath. 2 and half for Kildare Longford. They spent half an hour on the Mayo Roscommon match that was televised live last night. What a joke having to sit though all that and Brolly.....

Whishtup

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on May 26, 2019, 01:47:59 AM
rte radio sport has gone downhill big time in their gaa live broadcasts....more of the bloody pc rubbish of having a female co-commentator....on the radio this evening for the meath-carlow game, the "female voice" was briege corkery who clearly had no clue about the meath players and even less about the Carlow lads....she started out with a lovely gem, describing the meath-carlow game  as a big local derby  ::) ::) ::).....at 600 euro a pop, you would expect some degree of research.

With 18 all Ireland's in the pocket, we'll afford her a few bloopers.

The Boy Wonder

It's absolutely ludicrous that The Sunday Game has been allowed to become a platform for Joe Brolly - they might just call it The Joe Brolly Show.
He is being allowed to pontificate for an inordinate amount of time which is reducing the amount of time devoted to match highlights - what most of us want to see.
Nor does he have the manners to allow his co-analyst say his piece without interruption.
Surely those in charge of The Sunday Game should rein him in and instruct him to keep his analysis short and sweet.

LilySavage

Joe is a wind up merchant. I found him quite funny tonight although his consistent interrupting is a bit OTT.