The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: Puckoon on June 21, 2018, 03:55:53 PM
Phil with the big Mea Culpa yesterday

"I know this should've come sooner, but it's taken me a few days to calm down. My anger and frustration got the best of me last weekend. I'm embarrassed and disappointed by my actions.

"It was clearly not my finest moment and I'm sorry."

No, his finest moment was throwing Tom Watson under the bus at the Ryder cup.
No. Scratch that.
It was his shady dealing in the stock market.
No. Sorry.
It was his shady dealings with a bookie
No.
It was the time he wore a beeper onto the golf course in case his wife went into labour (she didn't)

The man is a total fake and the masked slipped at the US Open. Other Golfers might be arseholes but at least they're consistent. His whole personality is a veneer.

Boycey

How can people get so annoyed about a golfer (or a darts thrower as I found out earlier this year) that you are never likely to meet. Team sports like GAA , soccer or whatever else floats your boat are tribal and heroes and villians are plentiful but these individual sports or pastimes, more like, are just enjoyment based watching. I've got my own favourites who I'll root for but I can't imagine shouting obsenities at the screen over it.

Gabriel_Hurl

Puckoon

Quote from: trailer on June 21, 2018, 04:34:01 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on June 21, 2018, 03:55:53 PM
Phil with the big Mea Culpa yesterday

"I know this should've come sooner, but it's taken me a few days to calm down. My anger and frustration got the best of me last weekend. I'm embarrassed and disappointed by my actions.

"It was clearly not my finest moment and I'm sorry."

No, his finest moment was throwing Tom Watson under the bus at the Ryder cup.
No. Scratch that.
It was his shady dealing in the stock market.
No. Sorry.
It was his shady dealings with a bookie
No.
It was the time he wore a beeper onto the golf course in case his wife went into labour (she didn't)

The man is a total fake and the masked slipped at the US Open. Other Golfers might be arseholes but at least they're consistent. His whole personality is a veneer.

You're forgetting his spike marks and Vijay Singh, and his alleged illegitimate child in AZ.

He's one of the best. Here's a big Phil grin and a thumbs up to you!

Gabriel_Hurl

G-Mac has had to pull out of the Open Qualifying event tomorrow - he has no clubs

QuoteI have officially withdrawn from @TheOpen qualifying tomorrow at St Anne's Old Links. I cannot give 100% without my own equipment which has been mishandled by @AirFrance and must turn my attention to @DDFIrishOpen this weekend. Thanks for all the support.

QuoteLots of you wanting to know why I don't grab a set off the rack and give it my best shot to get in @TheOpen. Of course I could do this, but wouldn't be firing on all cylinders and there are 6 spots up for grabs next 2 weeks at @DDFIrishOpen and @ScottishOpen.

trueblue1234

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 02, 2018, 10:55:09 PM
G-Mac has had to pull out of the Open Qualifying event tomorrow - he has no clubs

QuoteI have officially withdrawn from @TheOpen qualifying tomorrow at St Anne's Old Links. I cannot give 100% without my own equipment which has been mishandled by @AirFrance and must turn my attention to @DDFIrishOpen this weekend. Thanks for all the support.

QuoteLots of you wanting to know why I don't grab a set off the rack and give it my best shot to get in @TheOpen. Of course I could do this, but wouldn't be firing on all cylinders and there are 6 spots up for grabs next 2 weeks at @DDFIrishOpen and @ScottishOpen.

I've a spare set in the garage if he wants. There's even half a bottle of lucozade sport and a Snickers in the bag. He'd be welcome to both if it helps.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Insane Bolt

Anyone for Ballyliffin? Love the course, hoping Harrington has a good 4 days.

Gabriel_Hurl

Course looks fantastic from what I've seen

screenexile

Quote from: Insane Bolt on July 04, 2018, 11:50:47 AM

Heading up on Friday really looking forward to it!!

Boycey

Can't get any takers to go up, may have to trek up alone.

Gabriel_Hurl

Going by the scoring in the Pro-Am, GMac found his clubs hahah

Gabriel_Hurl

Lowry still has it  8)

Milltown Row2

Photo proves any auld fart can play football  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

cornerback

I've never played it but is the irish open course a merge of the 2 courses or the full 18 of one of them?

screenexile

Quote from: cornerback on July 04, 2018, 03:25:47 PM

I've never played it but is the irish open course a merge of the 2 courses or the full 18 of one of them?

It's just the Glashedy course.