Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 21, 2015, 09:48:04 PM
Quote from: heffo on October 21, 2015, 05:42:21 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 21, 2015, 01:03:23 PM
Yeah, I installed The Beast a week ago and it's been great and stable.

I've no idea if it overwrites your own repos as I haven't gone back to my old boring build.

SportsDevil is included

I've installed it - very simple and the UI is deadly.

It's only filling 2/3 of my screen though and I'm not finding anything under settings/video or Google to help - did you get the same when you installed it?

Sorry, my screen near enough fitted automatically.  I did find a YouTube video showing you how to size the screen for my Firestick, but that's probably not much help to you.

Eventually found by resetting display options cheers

heffo

Anyone using 'The Beast' on Kodi have a problem with the search function?

When you try and search, the keyboard function appears but there are no numbers & letters on it - anyone know a workaround?

johnneycool

Quote from: heffo on November 10, 2015, 10:36:41 AM

When you try and search, the keyboard function appears but there are no numbers & letters on it - anyone know a workaround?

Does "the Beast" load onto a firestick?

JoG2

occasionally this will happen or you search and the search function disappears heffo, but it seems to sort itself. Try clearing the 'cache' with application manager/kodi

the 'beast' is a goodin

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 10, 2015, 11:58:51 AM
What is the beast?

its a kodi player / package with a reck of video addons built into it, Sports Devil, Genesis, Phoenix etc etc. Saves you downloading the player and separately adding the addons individually

nrico2006

Thanks - I'll have to get it going.  Want to have a sports add-on sorted soon especially for the Fury fight. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

heffo

Quote from: JoG2 on November 10, 2015, 11:48:50 AM

occasionally this will happen or you search and the search function disappears heffo, but it seems to sort itself. Try clearing the 'cache' with application manager/kodi

the 'beast' is a goodin

I've tried clearing the cache via the homescreen shortcut - will try in App manager.

It's been like that since I installed the new image a few weeks ago

Boycey

The Beast is definitely a slick build with an excellent looking interface but like all these custom builds it is only as good as the addons underneath it and anyone using Kodi regularly will have most of them installed anyway. You will find the same problem occurring from time to time with missing and broken links...

straightred

Is Anyone here using a VPN with theirs. The reason I ask is that I've found Genesis and Phoenix to be unreliable this last few weeks and it can take ages to find a decent stream. I'm pretty sure its not the box (MXIII) as I use sportsmania and its working perfectly.

BTW - For those of you who don't mind paying a bit sportsmania is a great add-on. less than €40 for a 6 month subscription and access to more sports channels than you could ever watch (including every EPL match every weekend, every NFL game and NFL redzone). You can even use it through a browser, i.e. perfect if you're away from home.

Boycey

Quote from: straightred on November 10, 2015, 01:55:55 PM
Is Anyone here using a VPN with theirs. The reason I ask is that I've found Genesis and Phoenix to be unreliable this last few weeks and it can take ages to find a decent stream. I'm pretty sure its not the box (MXIII) as I use sportsmania and its working perfectly.

BTW - For those of you who don't mind paying a bit sportsmania is a great add-on. less than €40 for a 6 month subscription and access to more sports channels than you could ever watch (including every EPL match every weekend, every NFL game and NFL redzone). You can even use it through a browser, i.e. perfect if you're away from home.

I've never used a VPN but I have had issues with both Genesis and Phoenix lately, pretty much the same as you struggling to find a decent stream at times. Curiously the problem doesn't seem as bad on a laptop that I've Kodi installed on as it is on my Firestick, I updated the Firestick to the latest version of Kodi last night but never got checking it yet.

straightred

Quote from: Boycey on November 10, 2015, 08:50:50 PM
Quote from: straightred on November 10, 2015, 01:55:55 PM

I've never used a VPN but I have had issues with both Genesis and Phoenix lately, pretty much the same as you struggling to find a decent stream at times. Curiously the problem doesn't seem as bad on a laptop that I've Kodi installed on as it is on my Firestick, I updated the Firestick to the latest version of Kodi last night but never got checking it yet.

I think I'll get a proxy anyway - about 20 quid for 3 months and there's a bbc iplayer add-on for kodi that would work with a proxy. its nearly worth it for that alone

Smokin Joe

Quote from: johnneycool on November 10, 2015, 11:45:11 AM

Does "the Beast" load onto a firestick?

yessir, that's how I've got it

Smokin Joe

For all the people talking about using a proxy.

How do you get a proxy to work with the firestick?

WeeDonns

For live TV are you guys using the iVue guide?
What apps are you using to get RTE1 & RTE2? I'm getting sound only atm via IrishTV & Vdubt25

A lot of the live channels are looking to use IPTVStalker which is no longer free, anyone got a good free suggestion or is their a good reliable source thats worth paying for?