Dublin v Kerry 2023 Senior All Ireland final

Started by Blowitupref, July 16, 2023, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

You'd wonder if there's any joy in wining so many. I'd settle for one in my lifetime.

shark

Quote from: weareros on July 29, 2023, 03:10:00 PM
You'd wonder if there's any joy in wining so many. I'd settle for one in my lifetime.

There absolutely is joy. But nothing beats the first. Diminishing marginal returns.  Although I'm not speaking from experience when it comes to all Irelands   ;D

Rossfan

The serial winners go through the motions.
The 1st or seldom winners go through the emotions!

Imagine the excitement and novelty if Derry or Monaghan or indeed both had made the Final.

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Fear ón Srath Bán

It's probably more of a case of what more is there to be said regarding this particular pairing in the Final -- I'd say the level of anticipation is none the worse for it though.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

RedHand88

Seeing the media try to milk this pairing for all its worth today is a bit boring.
It's like a final between Barcelona and Real Madrid. You just don't care that much.

Rossfan

+1.
Media slobbering all over it, rest of us looking back at our own teams' seasons and looking forward to Club Championships.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Will be great to not hear as many posters discussing the final considering how boring a game it's going to be.

Some amount of shite talk!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

shark

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on July 29, 2023, 03:57:38 PM
Sorry to be positive but it has the makings of a very good game. I've no love for either team but I'm looking forward to it.

I'm really looking forward to it too. But I'd have preferred Derry v Monaghan. But that's intercounty ; a few have won the vast majority.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 29, 2023, 04:08:50 PM
Will be great to not hear as many posters discussing the final considering how boring a game it's going to be.

So long as it's competitive and the game won and lost in the final 10 minutes it shouldn't be boring.  The Hurling final last week was far too predictable and was just a matter of how much Limerick would win by once they moved up the gears and no neutrals will want to witness a repeat of such a boring outcome in All Ireland final for a 2nd weekend in a row.

Piskin

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 29, 2023, 03:43:20 PM
Seeing the media try to milk this pairing for all its worth today is a bit boring.
It's like a final between Barcelona and Real Madrid. You just don't care that much.

Yes you do it seems

JoG2

Quote from: Piskin on July 29, 2023, 09:47:27 PM

Yes you do it seems

A post on it means little in the way of caring. Redhand's right though. It will or should be a mighty contest but theres not the excitment of having a Mayo in it for example, or Monaghan or Derry and what it would mean to those counties and alot of neutrals tuning in.

Jell 0 Biafra

That would make Tyrone who? Athletico?

AustinPowers

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on July 29, 2023, 10:11:25 PM

That would make Tyrone who? Athletico?

Mayo would  be Atletico.  Just can't get  over the line

Tyrone would be  Mourinho's Inter side

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 29, 2023, 05:12:14 PM

So long as it's competitive and the game won and lost in the final 10 minutes it shouldn't be boring.  The Hurling final last week was far too predictable and was just a matter of how much Limerick would win by once they moved up the gears and no neutrals will want to witness a repeat of such a boring outcome in All Ireland final for a 2nd weekend in a row.

When a team wins well, what's wrong with that? Sometimes you have to applaud great teams. We sit through enough games with 30 defenders or teams afraid to attack. Watching teams be offensive is never boring, regardless of the score
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 30, 2023, 12:03:45 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 29, 2023, 05:12:14 PM

When a team wins well, what's wrong with that? Sometimes you have to applaud great teams. We sit through enough games with 30 defenders or teams afraid to attack. Watching teams be offensive is never boring, regardless of the score
A competitive contest decided on fine margin is more compelling viewing for neutrals than one team running away with it.