Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: statto on Today at 08:29:13 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on Today at 03:04:47 AM
Quote from: square_ball on May 26, 2024, 10:15:01 PMDidn't know fleadhs and weddings were grounds to have games called off.
Ccc meeting with clubs in February it was agreed that clubs could request dates for weddings or special circumstances (golf classics etc) and county board would refix the game if the two clubs didn't come to an agreement on a refixture
I would have thought that clubs would be accomodating to one another regarding weddings surely as it would be swings and roundabouts as you would expect most clubs will have a wedding every year or two and the date of the wedding wont come out of the blue. 

My experience is the exact opposite. Clubs see weddings as an opportunity of playing a weakened opponent and would only accommodate if it was in their interests e.g. injuries etc. Very rarely have i seen clubs accommodate a request for a fixture change for a wedding months in advance.

Ideally clubs should be allowed one "free" weekend a season where they can request a fixture be changed but i do appreciate the issues that would cause with fixtures that are already a problem so understand why its not the case albeit I think the Fermanagh and Western allow this?

statto

Quote from: TabClear on Today at 09:14:16 AM
Quote from: statto on Today at 08:29:13 AM
Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on Today at 03:04:47 AM
Quote from: square_ball on May 26, 2024, 10:15:01 PMDidn't know fleadhs and weddings were grounds to have games called off.
Ccc meeting with clubs in February it was agreed that clubs could request dates for weddings or special circumstances (golf classics etc) and county board would refix the game if the two clubs didn't come to an agreement on a refixture
I would have thought that clubs would be accomodating to one another regarding weddings surely as it would be swings and roundabouts as you would expect most clubs will have a wedding every year or two and the date of the wedding wont come out of the blue. 

My experience is the exact opposite. Clubs see weddings as an opportunity of playing a weakened opponent and would only accommodate if it was in their interests e.g. injuries etc. Very rarely have i seen clubs accommodate a request for a fixture change for a wedding months in advance.

Ideally clubs should be allowed one "free" weekend a season where they can request a fixture be changed but i do appreciate the issues that would cause with fixtures that are already a problem so understand why its not the case albeit I think the Fermanagh and Western allow this?

In Armagh as far as I am aware the request goes to the county board and they approve the request and reschedule the fixtures accordingly.  There are generally a couple of re-fixture dates put in the calendar.  In Tyrone, I don't suppose it helps the normal club player the fact that the league starts so late in the season so probably limited room for movement for any refixtures and it is tough going playing Fri/Sun in the same weekend.