I need a favor from someone up North.

Started by Asal Mor, December 18, 2014, 06:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asal Mor

Hey everyone in the six counties. I have a bit of a problem and need to get hold of an APS2 passport application form to apply for a passport for my daughter. I recently moved back to Ireland (it was a bit sudden as I had to get surgery) and my wife and daughter are still overseas. My wife sent me an APS 2 form(it seems to be impossible to get them in Ireland) from overseas but I gave it to my doctor to witness it and she filled it out wrong( she filled out the section to witness my wife's signature as well by mistake, and it would have been impossible for my wife to have even been in the country) so anyway , the end result is that I need a new APS 2 form. After a few phone calls and emails it seems these forms are unavailable here but are freely available in post offices up north. If I wait for my wife to post one from Asia, it will delay the process further and I don't know anyone up north so I thought I'd try on here.

If anyone could pick up one of these forms for me and post it on, I would be eternally grateful. I can PM you my address.

Wildweasel74

Asamor i got a couple of UK passport application here, Was applying for a uk passport but never got round to it but where on it does it say APS2 on the form? no point posting the wrong thing

Asal Mor

It should say APS 2 up in the top left corner. It's an application form for an Irish passport for someone who was born in another country. Sounds like you have a different form, cheers anyway though. Apparently they're available at post offices in the North.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 18, 2014, 06:38:36 PM
Asamor i got a couple of UK passport application here, Was applying for a uk passport but never got round to it but where on it does it say APS2 on the form? no point posting the wrong thing
Wildweasel APS 2 forms are for people applying for an Irish passport living in Northern Ireland or abroad.

5 Sams

The Aristocrat Years

Wildweasel74

no its a uk passport applications i got, sorry,am in the post office in belfast tomorrow i have a check

Asal Mor

Cheers lads I sent a PM to 5 Sams cos I saw his message first, but thanks a million to yourself as well Wild Weasel.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Asal Mor

Got that in the post today 5 Sams.  Was gonna PM ya, but wanted it to be a matter of public record that you are a legend. When my daughter's a bit older I'll explain and tell her to cheer for Down when they're not playing Galway. Thanks a million. I'll be able to get it sent off today and hopefully have herself and the missus home in the New Year.

armaghniac

Quote from: Asal Mor on December 22, 2014, 03:09:16 PM
Got that in the post today 5 Sams.  Was gonna PM ya, but wanted it to be a matter of public record that you are a legend. When my daughter's a bit older I'll explain and tell her to cheer for Down when they're not playing Galway. Thanks a million.

Cheer for Galway and Down, she'll not be too hoarse, unless the Galway hurlers get going!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Asal Mor

Quote from: armaghniac on December 22, 2014, 03:59:07 PM
Got that in the post today 5 Sams.  Was gonna PM ya, but wanted it to be a matter of public record that you are a legend. When my daughter's a bit older I'll explain and tell her to cheer for Down when they're not playing Galway. Thanks a million.

Cheer for Galway and Down, she'll not be too hoarse, unless the Galway hurlers get going!
I won't be holding my breath, but we live in hope.

5 Sams

Got that in the post today 5 Sams.  Was gonna PM ya, but wanted it to be a matter of public record that you are a legend. When my daughter's a bit older I'll explain and tell her to cheer for Down when they're not playing Galway. Thanks a million. I'll be able to get it sent off today and hopefully have herself and the missus home in the New Year.

Fáilte romhat. No big deal. Glad to help.
The Aristocrat Years

5 Sams

By the way Danny Cummins has Down blood in him...we are infiltrating!!!
The Aristocrat Years

Asal Mor

Quote from: 5 Sams on December 22, 2014, 09:53:11 PM
By the way Danny Cummins has Down blood in him...we are infiltrating!!!
We've been infiltrated by a lot worse. Any Linden/ McCartan / Coulter blood would be especially welcome.