Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

They obviously didn't get the right free lunch so left! Will they give their free gear back?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Great win to ease our relegation fears with a lot of stand our performers but again a very poor crowd at Corrigan.
Have seen more at an under-12 game.

Hectic

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2017, 11:16:44 PM
They obviously didn't get the right free lunch so left! Will they give their free gear back?

Maybe the fact we are winning our home games is because the boys have been fed before they left home and are not starved like they are by the time they walk onto the pitch playing away.  Perhaps a carvery lunch on the way to every away game and we could be in division 1.

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on March 20, 2017, 10:40:08 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2017, 11:16:44 PM

Maybe the fact we are winning our home games is because the boys have been fed before they left home and are not starved like they are by the time they walk onto the pitch playing away.  Perhaps a carvery lunch on the way to every away game and we could be in division 1.

Fitzy can't be expected to pay for all those lunches...

bannside

Never worry about who has left the panel. There will always be someone to take their place. No one is irreplaceable! When players think they are doing the county a favour by turning up it is time for them to move along. Simple as!

They arnt calling the shots anymore. There are lots of capable players around who still feel it's an honour to pull on the Saffron shirt.

bannside

Like most counties Antrim are burdened with hefty debt due to a lot of historical reasons that the new committee inherited. I was astounded to hear what the total was....and we need somehow find a six figure sum to complete Dunsilly.

Anyone up for joining the fundraising committee???

paddyjohn

Quote from: bannside on March 20, 2017, 11:30:57 AM
Never worry about who has left the panel. There will always be someone to take their place. No one is irreplaceable! When players think they are doing the county a favour by turning up it is time for them to move along. Simple as!

They arnt calling the shots anymore. There are lots of capable players around who still feel it's an honour to pull on the Saffron shirt.

I agree everybody can be replaced, but who are those who left the panel and why did they? I know Tomas McCann has left, surely it wouldn't be right to tell him to keep on walking after the service he has given or doubt his honesty to the cause.

country bumpkin

Join a fund raising committee BS....sure we cannot get anyone to atttend our games......a huge population in West Belfast and in our league games in Corrigan '17....a paltry few.

country bumpkin

Join a fund raising committee BS....sure we cannot get anyone to atttend our games......a huge population in West Belfast and in our league games in Corrigan '17....a paltry few.
Quote from: bannside on March 20, 2017, 11:35:30 AM
Like most counties Antrim are burdened with hefty debt due to a lot of historical reasons that the new committee inherited. I was astounded to hear what the total was....and we need somehow find a six figure sum to complete Dunsilly.

Anyone up for joining the fundraising committee???
Think a lot of clubs, my own included did spend a lotta money over the years in upgrading our facilities and were left to our own devices to gather the funds.
Where was the money spent to accumulate such historical debt I wonder?
How much have we paid out to claimants I wonder ?
In any event in the tenure of the SV committee over 17 months what fund raising ventures were initiated ?
Seems we are taking the "austerity" route to mimic another body.
Deny our future proper care is the sure road to ruin....
And for your info BS the present u 17 and munor squads have received "NO GEAR" as you describe, at all not even the basic socks and togs. They have looken on in awe as in their games thus far the can only look on at oppositio who are treated as to status with training tops, skinnys, etc.
Had to play on Sat without even  sandwich post game.
In contrast Tyrone who played Derry 17 and minor on Sat had a hot food van in attendance during games to suppy and both panels returned to the "Tilly Lamp Resturant" post games for dinner.
Wonder why Tyrone are up there and we are down here in the basement....
Jeez we ask go and do our bidding lads, train hard give up your evenings and week-ends for our cause..and let us know how u get on because we won't be ther to lend support.

bannside

The info I got on Tomas was that he was taking a break but I'd expected him back in a few weeks. Subject to correction of course.

I'm not going to go through all the names but anybody who knows anything about football in Antrim could name at least half a dozen quality players who haven't made themselves available for one reason or another. They are fully entitled to not make themselves available if they have a reason for doing so. Some might have work commitments, others may think thd set up wasn't up to their expectations, or any other reason.

The thing is we can get keep talking about the players who arnt there. Tomas is a class act no doubt and no one can fault his commitment to Antrim....but if he isn't coming back then that's that and the jersey goes to someone who does want it. The show must hold on!

bannside

Well if the money isn't there it isn't there CB so what do you want the county treasurer to do.

You may wish to know that another Saffron Business Forum breakfast is planned for next week, and that a business dinner in the Ramada in May has sold out with 550 people paying  £60 to attend.

That's what the executive are doing. Plenty of honest endeavour to turn a corner financially (or even just chip away at the never ending defecit). I'd say that's a really difficult task they have but sure let's bang on about not getting a sandwich.

Get up ten minutes early and get your own for goodness sake!
Is it really too hard to ask an elite athlete  (or someone aspiring to that status) to take responsibility for their own nutrition?

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on March 20, 2017, 12:53:10 PM
Well if the money isn't there it isn't there CB so what do you want the county treasurer to do.

You may wish to know that another Saffron Business Forum breakfast is planned for next week, and that a business dinner in the Ramada in May has sold out with 550 people paying  £60 to attend.

That's what the executive are doing. Plenty of honest endeavour to turn a corner financially (or even just chip away at the never ending defecit). I'd say that's a really difficult task they have but sure let's bang on about not getting a sandwich.

Get up ten minutes early and get your own for goodness sake!
Is it really too hard to ask an elite athlete  (or someone aspiring to that status) to take responsibility for their own nutrition?
Aye right BS u trying to tell me that if one ur lads had endured such in  development squad u would not have held up your hand in protestations !
Please. !

bannside

If my sons came home from development squad training to say they were off on Saturday at a blitz etc and they were getting a meal on the way home but coach asked them all to make sure to have a substantial breakfast and being a few sandwiches plus a drink with them I wouldn't have batted an eyelid. In fact I would probably have been up early to make a good fry or something!

Now if they weren't getting anything post event I would say sandwich and a drink to be provided by the county is minimum fayre.

Jeepers Creepers

Surley theres a rake of Mammies somewhere busting to make aload of sandwiches?

paddyjohn

A friend of mine whose son is 15 plays for a local soccer club, they went to a blitz 2 weeks ago in Lisburn, they got a text from the coaches saying that they were leaving at 8.30am and wouldn't be back until after 3pm and that a Breakfast and Lunch would be provided by the club. When they got the clubrooms of the club, there was toast, cereal and fruit provided for both parents and children. Its the small things like that which create a good impression of the organisation. I feel we are being left behind in terms of this and I'm not talking about a full rig out of O'Neills gear. I'm not doubting that funds are tight but if we try to invest in our future then we may stand a chance. Maybe the SV will change these kinda things, I dunno..