County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I suspect this will be a move towards a more defensive game plan. Pascal has the best team in Offaly by a mile, but he has set his teams up to defend en-masse and hit fast, hard and in numbers. He's used to a couple of marquee forwards so he should be used to the likes of Quinlivan and Sweeney. Interesting stuff.

Farrandeelin

Any body hear Rochford's intentions yet? Or was he giving himself until the 31st of October to decide? I assume he will stay on anyway.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 17, 2017, 06:38:54 PM
Any body hear Rochford's intentions yet? Or was he giving himself until the 31st of October to decide? I assume he will stay on anyway.

If he isn't staying on he's going to leave Mayo high and dry for 2018 at this stage.

LooseCannon

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 17, 2017, 06:05:59 PM
I suspect this will be a move towards a more defensive game plan. Pascal has the best team in Offaly by a mile, but he has set his teams up to defend en-masse and hit fast, hard and in numbers. He's used to a couple of marquee forwards so he should be used to the likes of Quinlivan and Sweeney. Interesting stuff.

Will he stay on with Rhode?

AZOffaly

He might I suppose, but he has a young family and if he's in Thurles 3 days a week, it might be hard to be in Rhode another 2 or 3 nights.

Orchard park

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 17, 2017, 06:38:54 PM

have the players not met yet and decided hes not good enough ??????

LooseCannon

http://www.sligogaa.ie/ArticleDetail.aspx?articleid=28310
Seems they admitted that he applied for Donegal job before he went near Sligo. (Facepalm)  ;D  ;D ;D

ck

Cathal Corey has never managed a county team at any level or even been part of a county setup. Significantly he went for county underage jobs in his native Tyrone but was not successful. His claim to fame seems to be applying for the Donegal job and again was unsuccessful. Now hes managing Sligo senior team. I despair!

In hiding

Quote from: ck on October 23, 2017, 10:46:47 PM
Cathal Corey has never managed a county team at any level or even been part of a county setup. Significantly he went for county underage jobs in his native Tyrone but was not successful. His claim to fame seems to be applying for the Donegal job and again was unsuccessful. Now hes managing Sligo senior team. I despair!
Wow! Sligo are taking a big leap of faith there

Syferus

And all that whining about Carew..

Cunny Funt

Anyone would be better than Carew who was kept on too long leaving a lot of damage behind.  Cathal Corey,Tony Scullion,Conleth Gilligan all on Sligos management should that mean extra focus to improve them defensively?

Syferus

Quote from: Cunny Funt on October 23, 2017, 11:33:29 PM
Anyone would be better than Carew who was kept on too long leaving a lot of damage behind.  Cathal Corey,Tony Scullion,Conleth Gilligan all on Sligos management should that mean extra focus to improve them defensively?

All it means is they didn't charge too high a rate to do the job.

ck

Is his backroom team confirmed or is that just speculation?

magpie seanie

Confirmed along with Rooney.

Not sure what to make of it all. Couldn't be worse than what came before. Most important to be his own man and not listen to the people that usually find a way into the county managers ear. Need some of the mid thirties guys to be thanked for their service and move on with young lads. Especially the ones who haven't had anything to offer for the last 3-5 years.

rodney trotter

Gilligan was a forward with Derry, he is probably looking after the attacking side.  Scullion om defense.