Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: johnnycool on March 09, 2023, 02:34:24 PM
Quote from: Truth hurts on March 09, 2023, 01:52:29 PM
I see that a Mourne select are going to be playing the Down seniors on Saturday in Attical. This may pave the way for an amalgamation in Lower Mourne of Glasdrumman, Longstone and Ballymartin. I could be this happening within the next ten years.

Hurling?
Football. Down seniors are playing a Mourne select team to celebrate 60 years of Attical gaa.
nil satis nisi optimum

manwithnoplan

I see that a Mourne select are going to be playing the Down seniors on Saturday in Attical. This may pave the way for an amalgamation in Lower Mourne of Glasdrumman, Longstone and Ballymartin. I could be this happening within the next ten years.

I don't see how a friendly game to celebrate an anniversary of one club will pave the way for an amalgamation. It's a friendly game. Nothing more.

Mourne Red

You need to drop this agenda of amalgamations you have Truth.. every other week you are talking about it

Lotto

Quote from: Truth hurts on March 09, 2023, 12:27:03 PM
I am always open to a good debate on all things Down but the constant whingers will be drowned out as there is now a pathway developing and a pride coming into that famous Down jersey again.

I don't share your optimism and believe me, I, and I'm sure others, will not be 'drowned out' as you put it. There are more players now prepared to play for Down which is a positive but not all of those Kilcoo players are good enough to play for Down. As for a a pride coming, our reputation is already being questioned with the antics of our manager along the line. Never before have we stooped to the levels of many other teams but the higher the stakes get, I'd imagine the lower we'll be going.

Johnnysboys

No county fixture this weekend and club fixtures are out. 10 team leagues are going to be great with tough games every weekend - Who will struggle in the divisions this year???

Lotto

Quote from: messy gael on March 09, 2023, 07:55:31 PM
Quote from: Lotto on March 09, 2023, 06:43:54 PM
I am always open to a good debate on all things Down but the constant whingers will be drowned out as there is now a pathway developing and a pride coming into that famous Down jersey again.

I don't share your optimism and believe me, I, and I'm sure others, will not be 'drowned out' as you put it. There are more players now prepared to play for Down which is a positive but not all of those Kilcoo players are good enough to play for Down. As for a a pride coming, our reputation is already being questioned with the antics of our manager along the line. Never before have we stooped to the levels of many other teams but the higher the stakes get, I'd imagine the lower we'll be going.

Lotto

As per usual you just cant see past your hatred for Kilcoo & Laverty.... for years we bemoaned the lack of Kilcoo players not backing the county and putting their shoulder to the wheel... Now its eventually happening your still giving off about the quality or as you put it lack of quality.... How would we ever know if they are good enough as they havent been there in the past and surely we need to see if they are good enough by seeing them on the field.

Who are they ahead off they shouldnt be ??  Given its the managers first season surely he has to look at as many as possible ??

As regard stooping low thats absolute crap... i've seen Fermanagh / Cavan play games firing balls onto the field & talk shite this year also... ur hatred view of the manager doesnt let you see what other crap the oppositions are up too

Interesting first post.

skat man

thats probably conor laverty , you got to him

Lotto

Godsown

Where is this Pathway, TH? I'd sure love to know.

Aristo 60

Quote from: Lotto on March 09, 2023, 08:55:19 PM
Quote from: skat man on March 09, 2023, 08:42:08 PM
thats probably conor laverty , you got to him

That's lotto's no 2 account. He is arguing with himself now 🤣

Sandstorm

The snow is bad, them so and so's from Kilcoo are at it again. Why can't they leave the weather alone. :

Sandstorm

Truth hurts

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 09, 2023, 05:47:26 PM

You need to drop this agenda of amalgamations you have Truth.. every other week you are talking about it

Its not an agenda MR. I am a realist. Amalgamations will happen due to numbers, its sad but its just facts.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Johnnysboys on March 09, 2023, 07:07:08 PM
No county fixture this weekend and club fixtures are out. 10 team leagues are going to be great with tough games every weekend - Who will struggle in the divisions this year???

Longstone and Bredagh will struggle in division 1

I fancy Castlewellan who have done well in the transfer market and RGU to go up in 2. Drumgath and Newry Shamrocks to go back down

The Kingdom will go straight back up. St Pauls and Drumaness might struggle here if they don't get early points.

Dundrum with McCartan at the helm wil be a force in 4.

Truth hurts

Quote from: Lotto on March 09, 2023, 06:43:54 PM

I would say that the best 40 players are available to Laverty at the minute. Would you agree with that Mr Pessimist ?