NFL Division 1 2019 Dubs again?

Started by Dire Ear, November 26, 2018, 04:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: BennyCake on March 24, 2019, 04:36:11 PM
Am I right in saying that if that Roscommon player hadn't hit Niall Morgan and lost that late free v Tyrone, Roscommon would have stayed up?

Yep, Harney's rush of blood, which also was the springboard for our 2019 renaissance :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyCake

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 24, 2019, 04:45:55 PM
Am I right in saying that if that Roscommon player hadn't hit Niall Morgan and lost that late free v Tyrone, Roscommon would have stayed up?

Yep, Harney's rush of blood, which also was the springboard for our 2019 renaissance :D

I had a feeling that would prove very costly.

whitey

Quote from: BennyCake on March 24, 2019, 04:51:39 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on March 24, 2019, 04:45:55 PM

I had a feeling that would prove very costly.

For the eye gouge alone they deserved to be relegated

Solo_run

Division 1 next year is looking even more competitive

Donegal
Dublin
Galway
Kerry
Mayo
Meath
Monaghan
Tyrone

Main Street

Main Street

Quote from: Lar Naparka on March 24, 2019, 04:25:01 PM
So it's a Mayo v Kerry final.
I presume the game will be in Croker and probably next Sunday. Am I correct?
Most Monaghan sporting folk wanted to see this pairing in the final, that's why we held back a bit today.

Armagh18

Hit? Typical Tyronie lay down crying as usual that day.😂😂

BennyCake

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 24, 2019, 06:35:03 PM

Morgan did what he had to do. He got Tyrone the draw. And to be honest, the Roscommon boy made it very easy for Morgan to go down, and he made it very easy for the ref to hop the ball.

cadhlancian

Head back over to the Div 2 or 3 thread , there's a good lad...

Over the Bar

Ach sure even the boul' Francie Bellew hit the deck without being touched knowing that his Armagh side had limited talent and they'd win feck all otherwise... ;)

Rossfan

We were well bet today by a far superior, slicker team who out did us in every aspect of the game executed at speed.
We were slow, sideways walking pace in all our efforts.
Good to see Diarmuid back . One peach of a point.
A lot for Anthony C to think about especially how a system/game plan which worked so well in the first 3 games disintegrated in the last 4.
Blaming Harney for relegation while technically correct is wrong because we fkd up totally v Cavan especially and Galway too.
3 points from 14 deserves relegation but yet with 4 we'd have stayed up.
With a month of club activity and then 2 weeks to the Laythrum game it's hard to see things turning round for the Summer.
A Round 3 exit at best I suspect.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Duine Eile on March 24, 2019, 03:53:03 PM
All goals avoidable and all the fault of Lavelle and Sean Andy. Ridiculous carry on, he's not good enough on the ball to be leaving his line the way way he does, he did the same thing against Mayo and nearly cost us that game too. The first half was fantastic, driving forward, kicking the ball and moving at speed, second half revert to type and get our arses handed to us. Clueless.
Livid after that second half to be honest, fair play to Tyrone who absolutely upped it but I've rarely seen a team f**k away a winnable match as Galway did today. I didn't expect to get the win going up but the performance was the main thing and given the context of how the match went, that was simply disastrous for Galway, I'm trying not to overreact but we're left with nothing but doubts over a number of key areas now going into the championship. A game of two halves but the wind should not have been a factor really, it was not like Castlebar earlier this year.

Sean Andy got the mother and father of all roastings from McShane, absolutely cleaned out from minute one. How he stayed on the pitch is beyond comprehension, any change would have been better than leaving it as it was. Lavelle has to take some big blame today as well - I mean Harte could have scored from 50 yards out into an empty goal - but that was as bad as it gets from O'Ceallaigh.

It might be "only the league" but I thought we were past mental collapses like that, a league final berth was there for the taking. Absolutely ridiculous stuff from Galway and it takes the gloss off what was a fairly successful league up until we came out for the second half today.
What state is their mindset after that, the only saving grace is that it wasn't in the championship and that it's better for that damage to be seen before the summer.
Whatever positives were there from the first half (some great play from the Dalys and Walsh) are irrelevant in light of what happened after the change around, June is a long way away but there is massive work to be done, I don't care how many players are going to come back in if a team can commit seppuku so easily what happens the next time we're in a really tough spot?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 24, 2019, 07:37:40 PM
All goals avoidable and all the fault of Lavelle and Sean Andy. Ridiculous carry on, he's not good enough on the ball to be leaving his line the way way he does, he did the same thing against Mayo and nearly cost us that game too. The first half was fantastic, driving forward, kicking the ball and moving at speed, second half revert to type and get our arses handed to us. Clueless.
Livid after that second half to be honest, fair play to Tyrone who absolutely upped it but I've rarely seen a team f**k away a winnable match as Galway did today. I didn't expect to get the win going up but the performance was the main thing and given the context of how the match went, that was simply disastrous for Galway, I'm trying not to overreact but we're left with nothing but doubts over a number of key areas now going into the championship. A game of two halves but the wind should not have been a factor really, it was not like Castlebar earlier this year.

Sean Andy got the mother and father of all roastings from McShane, absolutely cleaned out from minute one. How he stayed on the pitch is beyond comprehension, any change would have been better than leaving it as it was. Lavelle has to take some big blame today as well - I mean Harte could have scored from 50 yards out into an empty goal - but that was as bad as it gets from O'Ceallaigh.

It might be "only the league" but I thought we were past mental collapses like that, a league final berth was there for the taking. Absolutely ridiculous stuff from Galway and it takes the gloss off what was a fairly successful league up until we came out for the second half today.
What state is their mindset after that, the only saving grace is that it wasn't in the championship and that it's better for that damage to be seen before the summer.
Whatever positives were there from the first half (some great play from the Dalys and Walsh) are irrelevant in light of what happened after the change around, June is a long way away but there is massive work to be done, I don't care how many players are going to come back in if a team can commit seppuku so easily what happens the next time we're in a really tough spot?

I'm going with Sean Andy was on the batter last night because he seemed to have no idea where McShane was at any given time and McShane is a big lad. He's not exactly easy to miss. Honestly as bad a full-back display as I've ever seen. It was almost bizarre. That said it's still his spot because the only other options are Duane and Cunnane. He needs a bit of a talking to after that though. Himself and Lavelle are not there to solo the ball up the field. Leave that to the footballers.

galwayman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 24, 2019, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 24, 2019, 07:37:40 PM

I'm going with Sean Andy was on the batter last night because he seemed to have no idea where McShane was at any given time and McShane is a big lad. He's not exactly easy to miss. Honestly as bad a full-back display as I've ever seen. It was almost bizarre. That said it's still his spot because the only other options are Duane and Cunnane. He needs a bit of a talking to after that though. Himself and Lavelle are not there to solo the ball up the field. Leave that to the footballers.
We're not overflowing with options alright for number 3.
Maybe Liam Silke could do a job there I dunno.
Declan Kyne will also come into the reckoning - it's hard to know to be honest what will happen now.
It's not as if this is some one-off performance either he has been poor in several league games this year.
Thank God it's only March is all that I can say

Cunny Funt

Mayo v Kerry final as expected before today games and Cavan,Roscommon relegated as expected before any league game was played this year but Monaghan are lucky to stay up and can thank Cavan for bringing the rossies down to Div 2 with them.

A few strange scorelines today, Mayo conceding 1-17 today by far the biggest score they have conceded in this league which i think still shows the importance of Keegan,Higgins,Boyle to the side.

Biggest score Galway have conceded in a league group game for ages and that score conceded and margin of defeat might open the door for a few Corofin defenders now.

No surprise with the big score Kerry got as they will always score big against sides that defend poorly against them and had Clifford back today to boost their scoring power.