The Super(ish) Leeds United Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, January 25, 2007, 08:14:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

What an unbeliable game.....We did it. What a perforamance, absolutely battered them and showed some courage to express ourselves like that...Howson was our worst player last monday and reacts by putting in a performance like that,,, frazer richardson was awesome...the team were fantastic.

It is not often I see my father jump up in delight, in fact he is the king of hiding his emotions and Ive only seen him lose himself twice last yrs connaght final and tonight, he usually tells me to calm down,, but both of us went mental when leeds scored 2nd goal. The importance was huge. Being stuck in this division next yr would feel like relegation. Lost my voice again but its worth it.

15pts who gives a f*ck, we are LEEDS and we are going up!!!!! Always pays to have faith. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D YES YES YES YES

I know we are not up yet but considering 95mins gone in the 1st lag and we were 2-0 down it is some relief heading to wembley.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Rufus T Firefly

Absolutely tremendous - Leeds bossed that game from start to finish, and dare I say it, actually played some seriously nice football in patches!  :-*

Well worth the win - bring on Wembley!!   8)

Norf Tyrone

Fair play lads. Hope you win it, and that's from a Chelsea fan!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Shamrock Shore

Would love to see 'Da Gaffa' tilt Championship windmills.

It's been a tough time for genuine Leeds supporters and I hope ye win the big one in Wembly and get back to the Championship (where you belong)

SLIGONIAN

Its nice to see the well wishers. To be honest any true football with a soul or conscience should have some sympathy for Leeds fans and whats happened completely outside our control. But boy have we stayed loyal and passionate.

KIDDO 4

SLIGONIAN

The tide is definitly turning in our favour. I actually met BATES on the day of game last monday. He was friendly enough. Also told us that plans are in place to build 2 hotels and amusement centre where the leeds shop is and build a new shop. Something similiar to what he did at Chelsea. On/Off the field Leeds are coming good at last. I think were in safe enough hands at the minute.

magpie seanie

QuoteTimes are tough when you are beaten at home by a team that Roddy Collins once managed

Roddy did them less damage than Risdale & co did to Leeds!

Leeds are a club I care very little for but have found myself looking for their results this year and (I feel dirty) hoping they do well and even get promoted. I just feel that deducting 15 points was completely unfair and punishing the wrong people - the players and supporters - who had fcuk all to do with the reasons for the penalty.

Good luck in the final. Next season will see normal service resumed with me hoping ye lose every game!

Billys Boots

Thanks Seanie, I'm looking forward to Leeds getting back to what they do best, handing out hidings to Man Utd.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 16, 2008, 03:28:00 PM
QuoteTimes are tough when you are beaten at home by a team that Roddy Collins once managed

Roddy did them less damage than Risdale & co did to Leeds!

Leeds are a club I care very little for but have found myself looking for their results this year and (I feel dirty) hoping they do well and even get promoted. I just feel that deducting 15 points was completely unfair and punishing the wrong people - the players and supporters - who had fcuk all to do with the reasons for the penalty.

Good luck in the final. Next season will see normal service resumed with me hoping ye lose every game!

Thanks Seanie, at least you have compassion for the unfairness at which weve been punished this year, which is commendable. Next yr perfectly understandable that we will lose the sympathy vote which we are getting across the board this yr from alot of other club fans. I have to say i love supporting leeds ;D , never a dull moment and always a rollercoaster.

15pts who gives a f*ck we are leeds and we are going up!!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on May 16, 2008, 11:34:25 AM
The tide is definitly turning in our favour. I actually met BATES on the day of game last monday. He was friendly enough. Also told us that plans are in place to build 2 hotels and amusement centre where the leeds shop is and build a new shop. Something similiar to what he did at Chelsea. On/Off the field Leeds are coming good at last. I think were in safe enough hands at the minute.

I met Bates once too. He was always a c**t in the media but as he saved Chelsea he was alright in my eyes. Anyhow I had been going to SB a few years and had ever seen Capt Birdsye at all.

One day after a game I seen him leave the ground, and he was getting a photo with a couple of young kids. I was courteous and stood back, and then asked him would he mind if I got a photo with him. 'no you can piss off' he said!

To say I was stunned would be an understatement. The old red rage descended, and I went down the street after him, and told him he can 'shove his picture up his arse'! He backed off then pleading innocence.

He is an ignorant old hoor but I've always had some admiration for him.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=238878&lid=sublink010&lpos=headlines_main

QuoteMaple Leaf Sports and Entertainment's search for an English football club appears to have focused on the North of England.

According to a report in the British newspaper the Sunday Mirror, MLSE has begun preliminary talks that would see the organization acquire Leeds United.

Leeds United currently competes in League One, England's third division, and would reportedly welcome investors that would provide the team with the financial might to return to the Premier League.

MLSE president Richard Peddie recently visited England last month to meet with a number of clubs, including Southhampton and Reading.

"It is a very interesting area where we feel many of our ideas would work," said Peddie.

MLSE currently owns the Toronto Maple Leafs, the Toronto Raptors and Major League Soccer franchise Toronto FC.

SLIGONIAN

Just too depressed to give a f*ck about takeovers. Feels like a relegation yday. Have to look at the ffing league 1 table for another year :'(.

Only thing that would depress me more is Sligo losing to mayo. Better not happen. I dont think I could take Leeds in league 1 and sligo in TM cup at the same time.

Mourne Rover

It was a bad day for Leeds, but we have no one to blame other than ourselves. The occasion seemed to get to us, and we were lucky to get to the break at 0-0. However, if we had kept it tight at the start of the second half, Doncaster were bound to get frustrated. Instead, after one minute, we left their centre forward standing at the penalty spot unmarked from a corner. After that, we relied on the long ball far too much and our crossing was dreadful. The only person who might have changed things was Freedman, and he was inexplicably replaced by the ineffective Kandol. In fairness to the team, it was such a roller coaster season that they were nearly bound to tire at the very end. At least we will hopefully start level with everyone else the next time round. 

Rufus T Firefly

Time to dust this one down as the new season kicked off last Saturday. Excellent 2-1 win away to Scunthorpe who were playing in the Championship last year. From reports, Leeds struggled somewhat in the first half and then went behind after the break. However great comeback saw Jermaine Beckford re-enact many of last year's matches by getting a late winner. Reports seem to suggest that new signing Robert Snodgrass was very impressive.

Just checked on the latest score in the Carling Cup tonight and Leeds are already 5-1 up after thirty five minutes at Chester. In your face Chester!!   8)

Seriously - this is the first season that I have felt someway optimistic about Leeds in some seven years or more, i.e. no points or money owed to anyone! Onwards and upwards!