Land Prices

Started by Jimmy Joe, June 16, 2009, 09:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy Joe

Does anyone have any idea of the typical cost per acre for agricultural land in Northern Ireland?

orangeman

Quote from: Jimmy Joe on June 16, 2009, 09:48:11 PM
Does anyone have any idea of the typical cost per acre for agricultural land in Northern Ireland?

There is no typical acre - land in Fermanagh will have a massive difference to land in North Down for instance.

So anywhere from £5k to £20k I'd say.

Caid

The VOA currently produce the Property Market Report (PMR) twice yearly - Winter and Summer.

http://www.voa.gov.uk/publications/property_market_report/pmr-jan-09/pmr-jan-2009-web.pdf

Arable land  £13.3k per acre
Dairy land £14.5k per acre
Mixed land £12.2k per acre
Hill land £4.7k per acre

Average prices at Jan 09

When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Donagh

Thanks for that Caid.

I was talking to an estate agent the other day in relation to some arable land along with a house in the Mourne area and she reckoned the vendor had it way overpriced (14k per acre) and that £6k per acre would be a more realistic figure.

Caid

Yeah - I would note that those prices I stated are for equipped land (with the benefit of any residential accommodation or farm buildings). And also that figures very and these averages are likely based on only a few sales:

Arable Farm - 300-500 acres with a house appropriate for the size of holding and modern buildings adequate for the business.

Dairy Farm - 150-250 acres with a house appropriate for the size of holding and modern buildings and accommodation for a commercial herd.

Mixed Farm - 200-500 mixed arable livestock with a house appropriate for the size of holding plus a mixture of modern and traditional buildings adequate for the business

Hill Farm - 1000 acres minimum with the majority over 1500 ft above sea level and comprising open mountain and moor land with a house appropriate to the holding and buildings adequate for the business

The average values for England and Wales are based on the opinions of value at 44 locations for arable land, 45 locations for dairy land, 55 locations for mixed land and 8 locations for hill land. The averages for Scotland are based on 7 locations. The published data is simple averages of all the reported locations within each region/country.
When my country takes her place among the nations of the earth...then may my epitaph be written

Jimmy Joe

Cheers for that, it will give me something to go on. 

longball

Jimmy Joe is that an elephant in ur aviatar?  :o the tricks they can teach these aminals eh.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Jimmy Joe

Quote from: longball on June 17, 2009, 09:05:11 AM
Jimmy Joe is that an elephant in ur aviatar?  :o the tricks they can teach these aminals eh.

Yeah It's a wee baby elephant.  He actually taught himself that one, took me all day to get him down from it when he was supposed to be cleaning the yard