PDC Premier League of Darts

Started by Seany, March 12, 2010, 12:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Too many legs are being won with the opponent toiling with 171+ still left. That's the problem. Very few ding dong legs. Which is reflected in the averages.

Orior

Wright to the Smith "go practice your doubles", lol

Great match. Two decent players.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

GiveItToTheShooters

Wright too good, a legend.
Smith unlucky, a serious scorer.

Itchy

Quote from: Orior on January 03, 2022, 10:51:08 PM
Wright to the Smith "go practice your doubles", lol

Great match. Two decent players.

There was drama but a lot of poor legs too. The semis were better quality but in the last 2 sets I think Mr Snakebite really turned it on.

Hound

Quote from: thewobbler on January 03, 2022, 09:50:09 PM
Strange game.

It's close. The lead is changing hands regularly. There's been a ball of 180s and some great checkouts.

All the ingredients are there.

But it feels flat.

As Wright said afterwards, there was a strange atmosphere, although he meant it differently than what we are talking about!
The crowd seemed more interested in booing than cheering. Although the players were perhaps a bit too gentlemanly towards each other, there were no real celebrations when a big leg  or even big set was won, that might have raised the atmosphere. Smith in particular should have tried to milk the fact that he had a big majority on his side, but he didn't.

yellowcard

Quote from: Hound on January 04, 2022, 10:07:46 AM
Quote from: thewobbler on January 03, 2022, 09:50:09 PM
Strange game.

It's close. The lead is changing hands regularly. There's been a ball of 180s and some great checkouts.

All the ingredients are there.

But it feels flat.

As Wright said afterwards, there was a strange atmosphere, although he meant it differently than what we are talking about!
The crowd seemed more interested in booing than cheering. Although the players were perhaps a bit too gentlemanly towards each other, there were no real celebrations when a big leg  or even big set was won, that might have raised the atmosphere. Smith in particular should have tried to milk the fact that he had a big majority on his side, but he didn't.

The final is played on one of the most depressing nights of the year. The day before most people return to work after Christmas. The festive atmosphere created during the Christmas break has subsided and the final is very often a let down compared to some of the previous rounds. Also most of those fans are crammed in to watch just 2 players play out 13 sets so there could potentially be 60+ legs of darts from the same 2 players. That is a long match watching the same 2 players given that one of the main attractions of darts is the quick fire nature of the games. On other evenings you could have 8 different players playing much shorter matches so the earlier rounds are often far more interesting from a fans point of view.

seafoid

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 04, 2022, 02:57:44 AM
Wright too good, a legend.
Smith unlucky, a serious scorer.
the Mayo of darts

mrdeeds

Keane Barry about to get to UK semi.
Serious talent at 19.

Hound

Quote from: mrdeeds on March 06, 2022, 01:39:17 PM
Keane Barry about to get to UK semi.
Serious talent at 19.
And Limerick's William O'Connor now also into the semi. Amazing stuff from them. While Barry could be a serious operator, O'Connor a bit more of a journeyman, fantastic achievement for him to the semi of a major televised event

SHEEDY

The 2 lads kept apart in the draw, all-ireland final on the cards
nil satis nisi optimum

Targetman

Great start by Barry but Smith just blitzed him after that, O' Connor going well

Targetman

Bad performance from Keane Barry but Tyrone's Nathan Rafferty just through to meet Bully Boy Smith in the 2nd round, who do we fancy to win it? Just had a wee punt on Smith @ 6/1

square_ball

Well done to Mickey Mansell from Tyrone too he won his first round match but then got beat by Peter Wright in the 2nd round. I think it was only his 2nd win at the Ally Pally so fair play to him.

And yeah Rafferty played well he's a class player. I think it's MVG's year this year. Though I do like Smith and outside bet would be Johnny Clayton.

rodney trotter

Cameron Menzies the Scottish player done some amount of theatrics during his game.

SHEEDY

Go Johnny go... Great match but glad to see Clayton get the win 👌
nil satis nisi optimum