2019 All-Ireland Senior Hurling Championship

Started by MasterJ, July 01, 2019, 10:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

burdizzo

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 08, 2019, 01:35:46 PM
Which ones ?

Are you really that ignorant or what's going on that you have to ask that question

Tell you what,son

Go to the the laois website

Scroll down to the u11 hurling and football competitions and compare and contrast the clubs who are dual and the clubs who are football only

BallyroanAbu

Has Clonad a hurling outlet ?  So do you hate football ? What you want is a dictatorship where hurling is imposed on people.  You are allowed chose ?

Keyser Söze

BA, name the hurling clubs that don't play juvenile football (and hence give players a pathway to make football Development Squads).
Now, name the football clubs that don't play juvenile hurling (and hence give players a pathway to make hurling Development Squads).

Didn't see anyone suggesting a dictatorship, but no point in pretending it's not happening, and hasn't been happening for years.
I know of Laois players who went into Carlow town (legally or illegally) to hurl underage in the past.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 08, 2019, 02:29:27 PM
Has Clonad a hurling outlet ?  So do you hate football ? What you want is a dictatorship where hurling is imposed on people.  You are allowed chose ?

Your getting hysterical son

Bottom line there's kids in whole load of clubs in laois that aren't being given the option ever to hold a Hurley,that's the reality

BallyroanAbu

Their Parents could always take them to hurling or more practically hand them a hurl.  Thats more realistic than inventing a conspiracy.  Anyway I'm off to Dublin to support my county on Sunday and wish them the best.

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 08, 2019, 02:53:52 PM
Their Parents could always take them to hurling or more practically hand them a hurl.  Thats more realistic than inventing a conspiracy.  Anyway I'm off to Dublin to support my county on Sunday and wish them the best.

"Inventing a conspiracy"

Aye

Off you run,there's a good chap

There's half this county that a hurling wasteland,but your one eyed to see that.

If a kid is handed a Hurley in Killeshin/Crettyard/Stradbally/Annanough/Barrowhouse/Ballylinan or Joseph's,any of the Arles or any number of other clubs,who or where does he go for coaching or games?.

In the last 6 months

Slieve Margy has been let wither and die

The u15 Hurling development squad was cut from 2 to 1 teams for 2019

The Minor Hurlers were given an ultimatum by the minor football management,no hurling for the duration of their involvement in the football championship but they could play club football games.

So yeah

It's a conspiracy all right

Goku

Ah come of it lads, we are a day out from our best result in recent history and still fighting!
Time to look forward to another day in Croker. I assume Lennon will miss the Tipp game after the 2 yellows, was flying it yesterday and i thought his first yellow was very harsh. Be tough on the legs to go to the well three weeks in a row for our lads.

MasterJ

No Lennon will be allowed play! It is only straight red suspension.

Don Draper

Quote from: MasterJ on July 08, 2019, 12:59:00 PM
Spend hour queuing then got Hogan Stand tickets :) :) :)
This from a man who didn't give them a hope, I'd have burnt them in front of you.

Goku

Ah not so bad, thought he played the sweeper role very well yesterday

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Tony on July 08, 2019, 08:18:26 AM
Mossy and people outside the country - my son uploaded this video of the highlights there. He said he couldn't record it directly from the TV so he taped it with his phone. So heads up, the quality isn't brilliant but it might be better than nothing. Make sure to set the playback to 720 or 1080p for best quality. Hope you enjoy. Tony.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hFYxXm-b1M&feature=youtu.be
Thank you, Tony! And please thank your son for taking the time to record and upload this! Very thoughtful.
The quality is not too bad.
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: MasterJ on July 08, 2019, 08:38:09 AM
Mossy here is the Sunday Game player: https://www.rte.ie/player/series/the-sunday-game/SI0000001905?epguid=IH000379396
Laois game is the first one shown!
MasterJ, I appreciate you posting this link. Unfortunately, RTÉ has it geo-blocked so people outside the Republic can't view it. I even have a proxy IP address in Ireland and somehow they still know how to block it.  :(
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: clonadmad on July 08, 2019, 01:29:37 PM
Quote from: BallyroanAbu on July 08, 2019, 01:06:59 PM
Because he seems to have a similar attitude to football,  we will all have to live together.  Biggest problem Laois GAA has is non participation not which sport they pick.  If every child in Laois played sport that would be far better than trying to one up each other.

The biggest problem is whole swathes of laois clubs not allowing hurling in their gates.

Start with that,the non participation in hurling
I'm not sure "not allowing hurling in their gates" is entirely fair or accurate. Not in all cases anyway.
For sure, there's not much interest in hurling in big parts of Laois but the same applies to football in big parts of the county too.
Look, we all know that the hurling clubs put out a football team but it doesn't equate to encouraging football.
Cyril Duggan was principal in Emo school there for a number of years and did his best to get hurling going and a few lads stuck with it and now hurl with Mountmellick.
Anyone from Stradbally or The Heath could play with Park Ratheniska. Anyone from Crettyard or Killeshin or Joseph's could play with Ballypickas or Ballinakill.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore