Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 08:31:55 PM

If we backed Kildare on this maybe it might trigger a rethink from the GAA how they deal with these fixtures don't you think Hound?
BTW, I never said Mayo should do anything on this. Would be a great gesture if they did, but it's clearly best for Mayo if this game is in Croker, so no reason for them to deliberately disadvantage themselves.
Just make the same noises Dublin make when in similar circumstances, i.e. "we'll play wherever we're told to play"

Owen Brannigan

Is the capacity of Newbridge really 6200?

How can a county like Kildare only have such a stadium with such a small capacity?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 25, 2018, 08:51:29 PM

How can a county like Kildare only have such a stadium with such a small capacity?

It is not 6200.

yellowcard

This is not just a Kildare issue, it's the people striking back against the corporate direction the GAA has taken. It could be the straw that broke the camels back and fair dues to Kildare County Board and Cian O'Neill who spoke very well on RTÉ news earlier. An unlikely hero for GAA people across the country today. I think they will find that most rational GAA people are fully behind them.

The statement released by Fergal McGill that they are not budging on the matter just shows how out of touch the hierarchy in Croke Park truly are. Supporters are increasingly being treated as commodities and it's a simple case of Croke Park trying to milk the cash cow for all its worth with no thought given to fairness.

Jinxy

Mayo have leverage here.
They should get onto HQ and say, "Listen, sort this out asap or we'll publicly announce we'll only fulfill the fixture if it is played in Newbridge."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 08:39:34 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 08:26:20 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 25, 2018, 08:18:47 PM
It's actually funny seeing the Dubs fans back Kildare on this
Amazingly, Dubs fans or Dublin County Board don't set the fixtures.

I haven't come across a single Dublin fan who didn't think the Wicklow game shouldn't have gone ahead in Aughrim.

If we backed Kildare on this maybe it might trigger a rethink from the GAA how they deal with these fixtures don't you think Hound?
I think Kildare are 100% in the right if Newbridge can hold season ticket holders.

I think the only games in Croke Park should be the Leinster final, the Super 8 games between provincial champions, any Dublin home games where Dublin choose Croke Park over Parnell Park, the AI semi finals (replays up for discussion) and the AI final.

Sorry Hound my wording was too vague I meant if we as in the Mayo Co Board backed Kildare not you and me if that makes any sense?

Crete Boom

Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 08:49:12 PM

BTW, I never said Mayo should do anything on this. Would be a great gesture if they did, but it's clearly best for Mayo if this game is in Croker, so no reason for them to deliberately disadvantage themselves.
Just make the same noises Dublin make when in similar circumstances, i.e. "we'll play wherever we're told to play"

Yeah you are probably right but it feels like the thing to do is back Kildare on this.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWsBvmANLxg

I can't remember the official attendance at this game but am almost certain their was over 13000 at it in 2001. Probably a slight H &S concern to replicate it but 10000 would not be a problem.

Therealdonald

Can't believe the uproar about this. If Kildare get their way and Mayo beat them in Newbridge, how stupid do they look? Its ridiculous, no-one grows up wanting to play in Newbridge. Its CP that everyone pretends is their back yard. Much ado about nothing.

CumminsCiderLarry

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 25, 2018, 08:51:29 PM

Spending large sums on outside players and managers. Bought 2 Leinster titles in 1998 and 2000.Neglected pitch development

dublin7

Quote from: Therealdonald on June 25, 2018, 08:57:00 PM
Can't believe the uproar about this. If Kildare get their way and Mayo beat them in Newbridge, how stupid do they look? Its ridiculous, no-one grows up wanting to play in Newbridge. Its CP that everyone pretends is their back yard. Much ado about nothing.
Poor WUM attempt. Try again

From the Bunker

Are you Dublin in disguise?

yellowcard

Talk about missing the point entirely. Mayo are favorites to win the match so they won't look stupid if they lose the match, most people expect that will happen anyway. It's admirable that they are able to stick to their guns on a point of principle.

Hound

I wonder would it have been moved to Croker if Mayo had come out of the hat first?